A Typo?? $.93 a night and 1.13?

boswellnakia said:
Me too, I have 45 night rooms reserved for my youth group. If we get bumped 'offsite', it would be rough on us transporting the kids and add a lot to our budget.

I sure would like to know when their new expected opening date is.

what you didn't budget more than .98 cents a day to cram a bunch of kids in a room? how much cheaper can you be?

tgr1116 said:
If anyone has a ressie that they can't use for some reason or another... hubby said I could possibly go again for a discounted rate(sorry I missed the .98!) Anyway... I'd be willing to make an offer... tgr1116@earthlink.net

they are non transferrable because of the "special rip off rate"

SWINCHA,

If you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all. Your Negative attitude is all over this post and I for one have had enough of it.

ZIPIT

swincha said:
what you didn't budget more than .98 cents a day to cram a bunch of kids in a room? how much cheaper can you be?

We have $20 per kid per night budgeted for lodging even before thie rate came out. With the savings, we were able to hire a bus instead of car poooling and able to do some things extra like MNSSHP. Since these are underpriviliedge kids who have never been outside their county, I'm sorry for trying to spread a little pixie dust in their lives. I'll cancel my reservations and let them become hopeless, angry citizens like yourself.

On second thought, I will keep my ressies. I still can make a difference in thier lives. Unfortunately, there isn't much hope for others :crazy:

These boards exist to help people plan their Disney vacations. Everyone has different needs and desires so please do not attack others for their ideas. If you don't have a helpful idea or suggestion please refrain from posting.

Thank you.

boswellnakia said:
We have $20 per kid per night budgeted for lodging even before thie rate came out. With the savings, we were able to hire a bus instead of car poooling and able to do some things extra like MNSSHP. Since these are underpriviliedge kids who have never been outside their county, I'm sorry for trying to spread a little pixie dust in their lives. I'll cancel my reservations and let them become hopeless, angry citizens like yourself.

On second thought, I will keep my ressies. I still can make a difference in thier lives. Unfortunately, there isn't much hope for others :crazy:

Well said.

I hope the kids have a really MAGICAL trip :wizard:

Tracy

Am I the only one without any letter or email?

My ressie is for Nov. DH has called Holiday Inn's Priority Club a few times & we are confirmed & set. But we have never gotten anything other then the initial confirmation from HI.

I was one of the fortunate people that was able to stay at the Courtyard DD (now Holiday Inn) for the 20.03 rate in 2003. The rooms were not transferable... but you can add another name to the reservation and they will not care at check in! I know this for a fact because I had a Brownie group going and a very kind man offered his unused room to us (in addition to the rooms I already booked the same week) for a very modest amount! He just added my name to his ressie! We were able to have more room for minimal cost and this was great since we paid with our cookie money! So my point is this... if you have a room that you CAN"T use for the .98 rate... don't let it go to waste but instead offer it to us loyal DIS members. What goes around may come around, but lets make it something memorable in a positive way!

lclark0621 said:

My ressie is for Nov. DH has called Holiday Inn's Priority Club a few times & we are confirmed & set. But we have never gotten anything other then the initial confirmation from HI.

I don't think the hotel has sent any correspondence to anyone that has dates beyond Oct 1. I emailed them directly and they said we were fine at the moment; we are arriving Oct 1 the day the are suppose to reopen. If your dates are before Oct 1, I would contact them now and not wait for anything. If you dates are after their expected new opening date, you may want to contact them or wait a while and see if the date gets moved again. As of now, they are expecting to have rooms for everyone thas has the ressie starting Oct 1.

swincha said:

How about not wanting to pay for a glass of milk you ordered?

lclark0621 said:

No, I haven't gotten a letter yet and my ressie starts on Sept. 24 -

tgr1116 said:
I was one of the fortunate people that was able to stay at the Courtyard DD (now Holiday Inn) for the 20.03 rate in 2003. The rooms were not transferable... but you can add another name to the reservation and they will not care at check in! I know this for a fact because I had a Brownie group going and a very kind man offered his unused room to us (in addition to the rooms I already booked the same week) for a very modest amount! He just added my name to his ressie! We were able to have more room for minimal cost and this was great since we paid with our cookie money! So my point is this... if you have a room that you CAN"T use for the .98 rate... don't let it go to waste but instead offer it to us loyal DIS members. What goes around may come around, but lets make it something memorable in a positive way!
Well said.
It would feel bad about missing this deal, but I was at Disney/Universal when this was posted, so I don't feel too bad :goodvibes

smilingmouse said:
I just got my letter tonght. I'll be calling tomorrow...[/QUOTE

I finally received my letter also........................

Has anyone opted to stay at the Sheraton Safari???

I'll be at the Safari......Looks nicer than the HI .....IMOHO

Look forward to toasting Swincha, at the luxurious Victoria and Alberts dinner Ill be able to afford from the $700 savings I got!!!

swincha said:
why yes i actually have pointed out errors even in the stores favor because i dont' steal or cheat even if it is a store or company. no one is jealous of your "deal" the people who keep posting about their deal are evil.

Ok first of all who says this "mistake" was really a mistake???? A major chain trying to get some customers back after being destroyed my hurricanes...seems like a pretty good idea to me...I think if it were a mistake that it wouldn't have been on the web for so long.....second of all...if you are some holier than thou then why are you sitting here calling people evil??? Remember Judge Not, Lest you be Judged....how do you figure that is cheating and stealing??? They(H.I.) posted it and people bought it..they are not cheaters or thiefs (a thief is taking something without asking or paying for it) I do believe that everyone is paying for the room at the rate that was posted, they are smart money savers. To all who got the deal....GOOD FOR YOU, I hope you have a WONDERFUL time!!!!!!!! Do not HATE just because you didn't get the deal.

cra-z-4-dizney said:
Ok first of all who says this "mistake" was really a mistake???? A major chain trying to get some customers back after being destroyed my hurricanes...seems like a pretty good idea to me...I think if it were a mistake that it wouldn't have been on the web for so long.....second of all...if you are some holier than thou then why are you sitting here calling people evil??? Remember Judge Not, Lest you be Judged....how do you figure that is cheating and stealing??? They(H.I.) posted it and people bought it..they are not cheaters or thiefs (a thief is taking something without asking or paying for it) I do believe that everyone is paying for the room at the rate that was posted, they are smart money savers. To all who got the deal....GOOD FOR YOU, I hope you have a WONDERFUL time!!!!!!!! Do not HATE just because you didn't get the deal.
Well Stated!!! :cheer2:

I just got my letter in the mail today from Holiday Inn and I have decided to take their offer to stay at the Sheraton Safari. I have airline tickets that are not changeable and non-refundable and I managed to get that airfare for $306.00 total so I was very lucky there. In finding this site, and the Holiday inn information, I was able to get the hotel for 1.13 a night or $15.82 total. I have never been outside of Canada before in my life and I have been dreaming of a Disney holiday since I was a yound girl. I am blessed that I found these bargains or I would not be able to make this trip. Next step is to get my 10 day passes from Ticketmania then I need to make sure I have enough money to cover food for the days we are in WDW. I am so excited I can hardly type.

price of airline tickets= $306.00
price of hotel=$15.82
finding the Disboards=priceless!

:disrocks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter