A33O aeroplanes

alexandra uk

DIS Veteran
I have just been on the JMC site, and I've found out that the plane we will be flying on is an A33O.
Does anyone know anything about these planes ?

:jester: 118 to go :jester:

Hi Alex

The airbus A330 is currently the largest aircraft in the Airbus family of aircraft it is a fairly new aircraft none are probably older than 3 years it has two engines [its sister aircraft the A340 has 4]It is wide bodied[but not as big as a 747 [jumbo].

Sorry to sound like a plane spotter but i used to work at BAe Bristol where the wings are built!!

Dave[molipa]

Hi Alex,

We flew last year with US Airways on 330's and all seats had seat back TV's, and very good they were too!

Cheers
Bilboo

Thats great news:D
How were they for legroom ? Dh is 6.3 and we're dreading it.
There was no available upgrade, so I'm going to request Bulkhead seats when we check in.

:jester: 117 to go :jester:

How did you find out you are going on an airbus from their site they also have other aircraft. Their web site says you can book emergency exits in advance(strange I aways thought you had to do this at check in) however they charge £60 each!.
Their airbus's are quite old therfore not sure they will have individual TV's.
I'm going on Thursday and not looking forward at all to the long journey via Birmingham from Manchester:(

Hi
We have just returned last Friday morning - our holiday was with Direct Holidays - a My travel flight. We were on the Airbus and had seat back TV's. The seat configuration is 3/3/3 .We enquired about bulkhead seats on check in on our journey out but were told we could not have these as one of our party was under 18 and would need to be split.

We didn't find the leg room too bad although the tallest in our party was 5' 8''.

Hunty - If you go to their website www.jmc.com and do a flight search as if you were looking to book. Type in your own travel dates and departure/destination airports.
Your flight should then come up. If you click on "more info" your flight numbers and the aircraft will also come up.
Also on the preparing to go pages of the site, you can find out all about the different carriers they have.
They have 10 airbus planes (can't remember the types - A320 or something ), and in spring this year they got 2 brand new A33O's.
These two are the only A33O's that they have.
So I feel a bit better knowing that we'll be on a new plane, even if there isn't much legroom ( I'm only 5.4 anyway ;) )

I booked this holiday through Travel City Direct, and when I booked I asked for an upgrade but was told that it wasn't available. Maybe they've all gone.
When I rang the other day to request bulkhead, I was told that different sections of the plane were allocated out to different tour operators, and TCD's area wasn't in the bulkhead area :(
I'll just try again at check in :p

:jester: 117 to go :jester:

Thanks Alex
my flight is full, but the same flight nimber the following week is an A330 so maybe I'm ok:D

I just hope the kids are entertained by the TV for the duration, they are not happy I didn't book VA but this flight worked out ££££'s cheaper and then we have two weeks at BWV to relax:cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter