AAA and $150 gift card

Michael623

WDW 40 trips, DL 12 trips, DLP 2 trips
I was wondering if you booked through AAA if you'd get the $150 gift card? It doesn't say so on the AAA site but If you book through Expedia you get it and where AAA is an "offical partner" they may also offer it too :confused3 . I also tried the AAA Disney vacation 800# but I hung up after 15 minutes on hold.

Go to Costco.com and click on travel (you do not need to be a member to do this, nor to make a reservation if you decide to). They have UNBELIEVABLE Disneyland packages that include 2 gift cards and LOTS, LOTS more!

There is a phone number on the web site to call, which I've never had to hold for. If you decide to make the ressie with them, you do not need to be a Costco member to do that. HOWEVER, once you put the down payment you must have a Costco membership. It is well worth becoming a member if you are not one already for these savings. They are great!!

If you still with to go with AAA, call a local office instead of the 800# maybe a little less wait time.

I will be visiting on a weekend so the AAA Unlimited Fastpass would really help.

The answer is no according to my AAA agent. I have a package booked and I had to choose between the AAA discount or the $150 card. I chose the $150 card because it actually put me $25 dollars ahead. The great thing though, is since I booked with AAA, I still get all the AAA benefits. This is a plus to have the unlimited FP's and preferred seating at 4 shows.

I tried checking the costco website and can only find a $20.00 gift card offer. Is this deal expired or am I doing something wrong? TIA!!!

diznynut said:
The answer is no according to my AAA agent. I have a package booked and I had to choose between the AAA discount or the $150 card. I chose the $150 card because it actually put me $25 dollars ahead. The great thing though, is since I booked with AAA, I still get all the AAA benefits. This is a plus to have the unlimited FP's and preferred seating at 4 shows.

I just booked and wasn't given an option. I had to explain the unlimited fastpass. There just arent' too many bookings for Disneyland via the South Jersey office!!! I'd rather have the fastpass option and it was about $250 cheaper than booking through Disney's website. I was suprised by the free mug with 5 free drink refills! Always nice to have some little surprises thrown in with the package.

I agree about booking DL from an East Coast AAA. I actually went in August and my agent told me she couldn't remember the last time she booked a DL package for someone and she was the Disney agent. She really dindn't seem like she knew what she was doing. My wife called yesterday and the agent said thet you couldn't get the reduced room rate and the $150 card but she didn't say anything about having your choice of which one you wanted. I may have to investigate this further.

Do you have to stay onsite or can you stay at a good neighbor hotel w/park tickets and get the $150 gift card?

Probably not but thought I would ask. :confused3

Thanks!

I have a very good AAA agent who makes sure she is well informed. She gave me the option because she figured it out and it was a better deal. I think it all depends on how vested your travel agent is. She knows us and knows what we expect when we travel. She even went to Disneyland in Dec. when she went to visit family to check out the Paradise Pier hotel and talked to several people about the dining plan to make sure it was what we wanted. You don't find too many people these days that are that committed to their clients and I really appreciate all she does for me and my family. I admit if the person does not know a lot about the vacation destination it makes a difference. I read these boards often, but don't always post. I have passed on info from these boards when it has been confimed. Thanks to everyone here that help make our Disney vacations what we want- magical.

I called the AAA number and wasnt given the option either..but its coming out to be about $86 cheaper with the room discount than if I got the $150 card

Hi :wave:

It's either the $150.00 gift card or the "Magic Moments discount" (AAA's discount), you can't have both on your reservation.
The gift card is only for staying at a resort hotel 4 nights or more from now till the end of april.

Sooz :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter