AAA discount package and free dining??

Markiesgirl

Go Colts!
Who has had success getting both? Our agent is emphatically saying there is no way anyone is getting both a aaa room discount and the free dining. She says the YMO code is not giving anybody anything other than the AAA diamond perks.

Help!

I tried on two different occasions with different AAA agents and was told by both that no you couldn't get the code and the free dining. However, someone posted on here that they were able to get both

Try asking for code YMO.

Supposedly it works, but the quote my AAA rep just gave me was the same $ as CRO quoted me with rack rate rooms. She's calling Disney back now.

No AAA discount here! My AAA TA atempted 4 times to get the discount and they told her that the YMO is just the code for the free dining. The AAA discount does not apply, rack rates only for the resorts. :sad2:

I guess its still a good deal if you have sevral people going, its our honeymoon so not sure if its that great of a deal. We wanted to stay at the CR but will be staying at the CBR, its $1,200.00 difference!

I was told no on the AAA & pin combined. But apparently there are others who have successfully done this. I just don't get it??? Maybe these folks are mistaken???

The AAA agent tried for me. She thought she was getting a great price because the code was news to her. When I told her that was the same rate Disny CRO gave me she was disappointed. I was thinking it would pay for a AAA membership, oh well, I will stick to my CRO ressie (I like being able to call myself, no middle man).

Splash Mountain Fan said:
I was told no on the AAA & pin combined. But apparently there are others who have successfully done this. I just don't get it??? Maybe these folks are mistaken???

Maybe not. We were going to get the dining plan anyway, so it will still save us money even if we pay rack rate for the room.

I got both I think.. Booked through AAA 8 nights POR King Room 5 day plus hopper with Free dining for 1908... Have not decided if this is good or not but we will see!!!

Markiesgirl said:
Who has had success getting both? Our agent is emphatically saying there is no way anyone is getting both a aaa room discount and the free dining. She says the YMO code is not giving anybody anything other than the AAA diamond perks.

It looks like it can't be done. You'll have to choose one or the other. We were going to do the dining plan anyway, so we're still saving $430.

Now I've got the same ressie with AAA and CRO, so I need to call CRO back and cancel.

TSWJan78 said:
I got both I think.. Booked through AAA 8 nights POR King Room 5 day plus hopper with Free dining for 1908... Have not decided if this is good or not but we will see!!!

Can you check with your AAA rep to be sure? Mine just said "no way" and I'd have to pick which deal I wanted.

TSWJan78 said:

How many hoppers? If there are two of you (which I assume with the King room), rack rate is:

149/night
8 nights
11.5% tax == 1329.08

2 advance purchase 5day+hop MYW: 470.04

Trip insurance (about $90 through disney)

Total: $1889.82

Disney packages always seem to be rounded up a few dollars over the separate components combined. Looks like you paid rack.

However, it's *still* a good deal!

Brian Noble said:
How many hoppers? If there are two of you (which I assume with the King room), rack rate is:

149/night
8 nights
11.5% tax == 1329.08

2 advance purchase 5day+hop MYW: 470.04

Trip insurance (about $90 through disney)

Total: $1889.82

Disney packages always seem to be rounded up a few dollars over the separate components combined. Looks like you paid rack.

However, it's *still* a good deal!

The room only rate i had before was $929... and the passes are $570 that to me equals 1499. even with the rack room rate it should not be more than $1899... what would you guys do?

If it is without insurance it is definitely high. Are you by any chance straddling the value/regular season break? If so, perhaps you are being charged regular season room rates for those nights? I've seen a few other quotes that suggest this.

What are your dates?

Ok.. I just got off the phone with AAA... He siad that rate is with a AAA discount as well.. I told him that seemed like some funny math to me. He said he was going by what Disney told him and he did not have the confirmation yet so he could not give me a break down. I have an email into Small World as well.. They always do great things!! Let's see what they come back with.

Okay here is the story
Family of 4(plus infant) staying at WL woods view
park hopper plus for all four
with free dining

I called Disney today and got a quote directly from them using the code ymp and was given the quote of 2871.00.

I called my AAA agent about the discount and she got me the price of 2769.24.
This package was 3329.00 originally so I was thrilled.

She did say that Disney called her this morning to tell her about the code and that she would not have been able to get the discount if they had not called her about it this morning. Something about not being able to use codes unless given authorization by Disney. I hope this helps.

I received a quote from AAA for $1012.52 for room, tickets, and free dining. She INSISTED it was with the AAA discount - she spoke to 3 different Disney CM's including a supervisor. But I ran the numbers through Disney's website later on after I had booked it and came up with roughly the same number WITHOUT the AAA discount - $1015.52.

So apparently AAA & Disney are deceived on this one - thinking they are really giving people the AAA discount on the room portion, when in essence they are charging rack rate and are absolutely clueless about it....

I now have packages booked both with CRO and AAA. Need to cancel one today...

Has anyone REALLY booked this package with code YMO with the AAA discount applied?? Go on Disney's website and run your package through to compare to the price AAA gave you...

Smydovro said:
Okay here is the story
with free dining

I called Disney today and got a quote directly from them using the code ymp and was given the quote of 2871.00.

She did say that Disney called her this morning to tell her about the code and that she would not have been able to get the discount if they had not called her about it this morning. Something about not being able to use codes unless given authorization by Disney. I hope this helps.

i don't think you got a AAA discount on the room portion... the $102 you are saving sounds to me like you are paying insurance ($44.95/adult) on the disney quoted package and not on the AAA quoted package... toss in a few bucks for tax (or mickey mouse math!) and there's your difference...

Smydovro said:
Okay here is the story
with free dining

Looks like the difference is just the insurance
Maybe Disney was quoting with and AAA without.

The easiest way to see if you are getting a discount is to price the package on disneyworld.com without the dining added (since it is free) but everything else exactly what you need.

TSWJan78 said:

Can I just tell you I love Small World Vacations... After my go round with AAA Small world got me the same thing with a 10 day Non Expiring Park Hopper with plus for 1851. I asked them to adjust it to see what the 5 day plus hopper rate would be and I think weare going to keep that one.. Should be at least a $200.00 difference... Now I need to cancel my other 3 reservations!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter