AAA Package the best way to go?

3lilprincesses

Mouseketeer
i'm sorry if this has been covered before, i did a search and couldn't find an answer. i've only been to DW once, and booked directly with them. we are going back in Jan. and want to get the best deal we can. want to book a package w/ the dining plan. we are AAA members already. should i book w/ them, or should i book with another travel agent? i am really confused about how to get the best deals. it is my understanding that w/ AP discounts or resident discounts, you can't book the dining plan. is this true? sorry if i seem clueless, but i feel clueless!! TIA.

I'm assuming that by "resident discount" you mean FL resident? Since that would not apply you could compare the AAA cost to an AP and it's discounts.
AAA room discounts are 10-15%. I just booked two rooms with the AP discount which ended up being 25% on one and 30% on the other. You can also purchase a Dining Experience with an AP for $50 that entitles you to significant dining discounts. If you choose not to do that you will still save at selected Disney restaurants. Depends upon where you plan to stay and whether you plan to go back within 12 months as to whether the AP makes sense. Pretty easy to calculate it both ways though and then decide.

BTW, there is a Magic your Way package that can be booked directly thru Disney with free dining (starts at $425 per adult).

actually, my father, a FL resident, is coming with us, and it was my understanding that he could book up to 3 rooms, so i was under the impression that we could take advantage of the FL resident discount in that way. we are going in January and want to stay at GF. we would not go back to DW again in 12 months, and we really want the dining plan, not the DDE. i'm just really unsure about who to book w/. if i book w/ AAA and then a better rate becomes available, will they adjust it for me? i'm just unclear about these kind of details.

thanks for your response.

If you book thru Disney with AAA discount and a better (FL resident) rate becomes available they will adjust the ressie and apply the code (the first ressie needs to be made by your father I would guess). If you book thru AAA I would imagine that you would need to cancel your ressie and rebook with the FL discount. Sorry I can't be of more help but I'm not very familiar with the dining plan. I can tell you that I just saved $390 by purchasing an AP on my stay in Sept. that is split between CR and GF. AP is $420 so I basically got one persons tix free (for a year).

For my info what is appealing about the AAA dining plan that you are speaking of?

i'm talking about the Disney Dining Plan. i believe you can get it with any package you book, whether through DW, AAA, or another travel agent. but you can't get it if you book "room only". what is so appealing to us, as a family of 5 (3 young DD's), is that it is paid for before we get there. it makes it easier to budget, which is something we need to do! we will still have to pay for a few meals once we're there, but the bulk of our spending money will be for souveniers and snacks, not meals. it will make it easier for us.

thanks again.

Okay. It sounds like it would be convenient and practical for you to book a package. I would recommend running the numbers and see you could save enough $ for it to entice you into your own "dining plan"! :cool1:

According to this website a FL resident can book a MYW package and get free dining. Have you looked into that?

i haven't really looked into it because it was my understanding that the offer is only good through sometime in october. we are going in january. but i'll keep my eyes out for a similar offer later.

thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter