ABC Christmas Parade

maraki527

DIS Veteran
Last year when I was in WDW for my honeymoon someone told us that if you were a DVC member you can get into a preferred section to view the parade. I was wondering if there was any truth to this now that I am a DVC member and will be in WDW at the same time this year. Any help would be great! Thanks

More like a confined space than preferred viewing area. You can't leave the area for like maybe 3 or 4 hours? This parade takes days to film.

If Zac and Vanessa have a hair out of place, they fix their hair and redo the whole scene - again and again.

Does anyone know when they will be taping the Christmas Parade this year? I will be there from 11/30 -12/7. Thanks!!

its always the first week of dec.so i'm guessing you'll be there. like the other poster said though - its an all day thing and those sweaters and christmas hats didnt look too confortable if the weather gets hot and sunny out..:santa:

I know we'll never do that parade taping thing again. We also had NO issues when leaving when we wanted during the taping. This was during the stage acts though, so it might be different for the parade taping....??

Does anyone know when they will be taping the Christmas Parade this year? I will be there from 11/30 -12/7. Thanks!!
That's the same time I'll be there! Rumor has it that the parade is being filmed when we're there, December 1. I don't think that's official yet, though.

I got to be part of the taping a few years ago...maybe '05 if I remember correctly. Anyway, I heard about it on either the AP or DVC official site. You then had to submit a request for a particular time, they then got back to as to whether or not you were 'in'. Then, when I got to WDW, I had to print out my confirmation letter to show at the turnstyles at MK so I could get in at 7:00 am. Then, we were herded to our particular spots for the morning. I got in front of the Castle. It was fun for the first hour, after that it was grueling. My old knees/back can't take that much standing in one place for so long anymore. They repeated the same act over and over, with the audience cheering off and on as the camera flew overhead. I had to leave at the 3 hr. mark...just couldn't take it any longer. Would I do it again? I doubt it. And for the parade, I can imagine that it's even worse. But, I think everyone wants to try it just once....I just don't recommend it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter