***ABC Holiday Specials: Taping Begins November 3rd

It mainly disrupts the flow of Guest traffic wherever the segment is being taped.
And if you happen to be there during the filming and become impatient because you can't get from point A to point B, don't take out your frustration on the crowd control CMs. Especially if they're old enough to be your dad, although they may not look it, so I've been told.

To PPs they haven't had a real parade televised in years which is a bummer cause I really prefer that to the concerts especially last year with 3 specials and lots of recycled footages

I thought MK was crazy the Saturday of the 10k last year with the Cubs parade yet I was a gluten for punishment and made a BOG lunch reservation for after the 10k this year

I wish they announce ahead of time a schedule for in park taping especially the 2-5 as we will once again be there for Wine and Dine so we can alter our touring plans

Anyone have any details on what we can expect regarding the Disney holiday filming? We'll be at MK the evening of 11/3 (we have fastpasses), at DHS and Epcot on 11/4, and at AK and Epcot on 11/5. Do they film at all the parks? Are there increased crowds? Ride closures? We are visiting from 11/1-11/10 but our oldest son will only be there from 11/3-11/6 so we want to get as much done as possible on those days.

Thanks in advance.

Anyone have any details on what we can expect regarding the Disney holiday filming? We'll be at MK the evening of 11/3 (we have fastpasses), at DHS and Epcot on 11/4, and at AK and Epcot on 11/5. Do they film at all the parks? Are there increased crowds? Ride closures? We are visiting from 11/1-11/10 but our oldest son will only be there from 11/3-11/6 so we want to get as much done as possible on those days.

Thanks in advance.
Details haven’t been released and usually aren’t released until a few days before.

CMs will know their scheduling 2 or 3 weeks in advance but that doesn’t include names of celebrities involved in the taping. CMs who receive tickets to be part of the taping audience may only know the date/time/park.

Be prepared, schedules change up with the filming. We've been there and barely knew it was going on, other times, the crowds getting re-routed and schedules changed.
You have to remain flexible and not freak out when stuff shifts. It happens. And yes, it affected some FP times. But it all worked out just fine.

If you ask a CM before schedules are released, and if they did their homework about how to respond to questions about the filming, the following is what you should hear. In their own words of course.

"Due to the nature of television production, film schedules are in a continual state of development and cannot be shared."

If you ask a CM before schedules are released, and if they did their homework about how to respond to questions about the filming, the following is what you should hear. In their own words of course.

"Due to the nature of television production, film schedules are in a continual state of development and cannot be shared."
:)

Or, they may say, “Don’t Post this on DISboards!!!”

I am planning to be at MK on 11/7. Looking at last year, does this mean there's a good chance they'll move the FoF parade to 5 again and cancel HEA? That would be a huge mess and throw all our ADRs and FPs off. Also it's our only day at MK and we have the dessert party scheduled so if they cancel HEA we will be devastated. Do they do anything to make up for it?

I am planning to be at MK on 11/7. Looking at last year, does this mean there's a good chance they'll move the FoF parade to 5 again and cancel HEA? That would be a huge mess and throw all our ADRs and FPs off. Also it's our only day at MK and we have the dessert party scheduled so if they cancel HEA we will be devastated. Do they do anything to make up for it?
FoF only moved to 5:00 on the days Taping was in MK.

The fireworks scheduling wasn’t affected at all. MVMCP was not affected at all and this year the tapings will occur prior to the first MVMCP.

This is my greatest wish! I would love to see the MK decorated for Christmas!!! I'm still trying to convince myself that I don't need to add on a day to our trip just to see what's happening on 11/3.

Our trip this year is in October, I was kind of sad about missing the Christmas decorations. With this news we extended our trip. I found a room at the Pop and now we are leaving 11/5.

Enjoy your trip

Our trip this year is in October, I was kind of sad about missing the Christmas decorations. With this news we extended our trip. I found a room at the Pop and now we are leaving 11/5.

Enjoy your trip
That is amazing, you're my idol :love: I keep wavering on what to do, but I think we are just going to stick with our planned trip leaving on 11/3. I hope you have a magical trip!

Here are some race tidbits that might help to place when/where things will be filmed for the specials fwiw:

Friday 11/3: 5k all at animal kingdom no affect to touring

Saturday 11/4: 10k starts at TTC ends in Epcot parking lot actual race goes through Epcot and DHS no affect to touring

Sunday 11/5: Half... same start/finish point/parks as the 10 but it also goes through DAK.... last year people were still running through Epcot as late as 10am (but a new course this year so...)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter