ABD 2010: Disers Go West - Let the Fun Begin

Thank you for all your posts about JJ. :grouphug:

It is weird not having him around. He would always greet us when we got home or snuggle in bed between Bill and I. He was like a fourth child. It has been a hard adjustment. :guilty:

Thank you again!

:goodvibes Jennifer

Lauren,

Thank you for posting all your great scrapbook pages. :flower3: You do wonderful and creative work! I still haven't even started my scrapbooking for our trip. I keep forgetting to get new color ink for our printer. I like to do the old-fashioned paper scrapbooks. Bill looked into digital scrapbooking software for me though. :thumbsup2

On the trip, we were talking about cameras. I had a birthday this past Sunday and guess what Bill got me?????

A New Camera!!!!!

He said it is 10 times better than the one I have. But, still small enough for me to handle it.

Old Camera
Summer2010123.jpg

New Camera
Summer2010183.jpg

(My Mom sent me the Edible Arrangements bouquet for my birthday. The fruit tastes as good as it looks. Yummy!)

Can you tell the difference? ;)

My new camera is a Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX5V I plan to take a one-day class at the Sony store to learn all the buttons and effects. I want to be a pro on it by our December PCC 2.0 trip. I already told Bill, I might go off on my own one day while at WDW just to take pictures. :woohoo:

Thank you Bill!!!!! :love:

Lauren -

I'm always looking forward to one of your scrapbook pages
Whatever will we do when your finished :confused3

:idea: of course... another Podcast trip/event - how silly of me :laughing:

Thanks! :hug: I've only got eight layouts to go before the final tweaking, journaling starts. Then I'll have to rest up for 2.0! ;)

Lauren,

Thank you for posting all your great scrapbook pages. :flower3: You do wonderful and creative work! I still haven't even started my scrapbooking for our trip. I keep forgetting to get new color ink for our printer. I like to do the old-fashioned paper scrapbooks. Bill looked into digital scrapbooking software for me though. :thumbsup2

On the trip, we were talking about cameras. I had a birthday this past Sunday and guess what Bill got me?????

A New Camera!!!!!

He said it is 10 times better than the one I have. But, still small enough for me to handle it.

Old Camera
Summer2010123.jpg

New Camera
Summer2010183.jpg

(My Mom sent me the Edible Arrangements bouquet for my birthday. The fruit tastes as good as it looks. Yummy!)

My new camera is a Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX5V I plan to take a one-day class at the Sony store to learn all the buttons and effects. I want to be a pro on it by our December PCC 2.0 trip. I already told Bill, I might go off on my own one day while at WDW just to take pictures. :woohoo:

Bill is the Bee's Knees for sure! (Great camera!)

Thank you to everyone for the thoughts and prayers for me and my family. It's been a very tough week. I'll try to occupy my mind with Disney trip planning for the next little while. Thanks again everyone, much appreciated.

Chris

Off to work, but before I go I have Legends Plaza for you all to enjoy!

LegendsPlazaLEFT.jpg

LegendsPlazaRIGHT.jpg

Wow again! Thanks for sharing these, they are fantastic as usual.

Lauren,

A New Camera!!!!!

Old Camera
Summer2010123.jpg

New Camera
Summer2010183.jpg

You are going to have so much fun with your new camera! Quick, everybody, we have to go somewhere together so Jennifer can take our picture!

We are back in Winnipeg...we got the call yesterday morning that Chris's grandpa had passed away and were on a flight last night to be with his grandma and mom.

They say it was peaceful and while we are terribly sad about the loss and worried about Grandma, we are relieved to know his suffering is over.

Please send some good thoughts our way, I know Chris would appreciate them!!

Chris & Tracey, you are in my thoughts and prayers - deepest sympathies. Your family is lucky to have you close by during this time. :hug:

Sorry for the delayed response - I haven't been on the Disboards for the past week.

cheers,
:flower3:

Thank you everyone for your well wishes for our Minnie. She's a real trooper! She has a tumor on her heart the size of my fist, but she's still running around the house and generally being herself. At first the doctor only gave her a week, but that's been several weeks ago now. We're just going to let her carry on until she doesn't seem to have her usual spunk anymore. The only difference is she only has to look at the treat bag to get about ten of them! She's gained all her weight back that she had lost. :rotfl: Hey, why watch your weight now, kwim? 13 years we've all been together. It's still not enough.

We just went through this last week as our 6 year old dog had to be put to sleep. :sad1: He was suffering so much that it was really the only option. It was one of the hardest things I have ever gone through so I am sending lots of positive thoughts and energy your way to help you and Minnie though this. :grouphug:

- Bill

Lauren & Jeri, Bill & Jennifer - so sorry to hear about your furbabies. They are lucky to have been loved and cared for by your families. :grouphug:

cheers,
:flower3:

We are back in Winnipeg...we got the call yesterday morning that Chris's grandpa had passed away and were on a flight last night to be with his grandma and mom.

They say it was peaceful and while we are terribly sad about the loss and worried about Grandma, we are relieved to know his suffering is over.

Please send some good thoughts our way, I know Chris would appreciate them!!

Tracey, both you and Chris are in my thoughts and prayers.

Jason

Anybody else following Pete on FB? Looks like they are having a great time. He said they have Michael again as a guide but that Jamie is in Iraq with the Marines! I would send him a card or email if I knew how? :confused3 But I knew we would all want to keep him and his safe return to Disney in our thoughts! :goodvibes

We all seem to have had so many losses recently. It's all so very sad. I just wanted to say how much I appreciate each of you and I'm glad we're travel buddies and I really hope to see as many of you as possible in December! :grouphug:

Here is my castle after dark layout. Man I LOVE Disney fireworks. Chris was with me telling me all the neato things about the commentary that I didn't know. Very cool! And Susan was helping me with my allergies. :rotfl: And as I wanted to cut my head off the second the plane landed in Savannah, I really need to get moving on her advice before next year!

Enjoy!

CastleAtNightWEB.jpg

Anybody else following Pete on FB? Looks like they are having a great time. He said they have Michael again as a guide but that Jamie is in Iraq with the Marines! I would send him a card or email if I knew how? :confused3 But I knew we would all want to keep him and his safe return to Disney in our thoughts! :goodvibes

I thought EXACTLY the same thing! I wonder if we can prompt Pete to ask if there's contact information for Jaime so we can send him a care package or something?

Anybody else following Pete on FB? Looks like they are having a great time.[/IMG]

Yeah I am living vicariously through his FB posts and Tweets. :) I keep looking for a live posting thread where they throw up pictures but I can't find one. Has anyone seen one? :confused3

Is it December yet? :banana:

- Bill

I just posted this on Pete's Facebook wall:

=> => Pete! Some of the folks from DIS ABD 1.0 in April would like to know if you can find out from Michael how we can send cards and care packages to Jaime in Iraq. If you see this, would you mind asking? Thanks! - Dodie

If you wouldn't mind, and you are Facebook friends with Pete, would you go and either "like" that or comment on it? Maybe if enough of us do it - he'll notice the question in the business of his Facebook wall.

THANKS PALS!

If you wouldn't mind, and you are Facebook friends with Pete, would you go and either "like" that or comment on it? Maybe if enough of us do it - he'll notice the question in the business of his Facebook wall.

THANKS PALS!

Done!

Done! I'm already putting together a mental list of what to send. Much better than thinking about work! I have some of those Disney Cruise Line Hair and lotion things that I thought I would send and then maybe a little flip book of some of the better pictures from our trip.

My other idea is if Pete can't get the address that Jeri and I will be there for the race in September and I'll ask for Michael at Guest Services where he works and I may be able to find out some more info then.

THANKS PALS!

Mission accomplished!

We all seem to have had so many losses recently. It's all so very sad. I just wanted to say how much I appreciate each of you and I'm glad we're travel buddies and I really hope to see as many of you as possible in December! :grouphug:

Here is my castle after dark layout. Man I LOVE Disney fireworks. Chris was with me telling me all the neato things about the commentary that I didn't know. Very cool! And Susan was helping me with my allergies. :rotfl: And as I wanted to cut my head off the second the plane landed in Savannah, I really need to get moving on her advice before next year!

Enjoy!

CastleAtNightWEB.jpg

It's a good thing that no one will ever make me pick my favorite of all your pages because my head would explode. This one is spectacular!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter