ABD Alaska Cruise Package

Alaska is so beautiful! I went there on this cruise about 5 years ago and I recently started putting a few dollars aside to try and get back sometime this fall.

Lucky1, from my posts above you can see that I really went back and forth on this. I was thrilled when Disney reduced the price of the ABD Add-on after our letters, but after doing a spreadsheet(!) and carefully looking at the cost, I decided that even with the reduction it was hard to justify.

In addition to removing the highest cost and best reviewed excursion from the itinerary (helicopter/dog mushing), they've also taken away small things like Palo and the animation lesson. From my spreadsheet, I came up with a "value" of $1327. For an adult that leaves $573/person not easily qualified (things like unknown extras, the value of smaller groups and private activities, the value of the two adventure guides, etc.).

I might have been able to persuade myself it was "worth it" if they were still doing the dog sledding. The way I looked at it was I would be paying a huge premium and NOT getting a chance to do the excursion I most wanted to do. I'm also still annoyed that they don't have an activity for one of the ports (Victoria). You'd think with activities on only three of the "eight" days anyway, they'd be looking to do something!

I might have been able to persuade myself it was "worth it" if they were still doing the dog sledding. The way I looked at it was I would be paying a huge premium and NOT getting a chance to do the excursion I most wanted to do. I'm also still annoyed that they don't have an activity for one of the ports (Victoria). You'd think with activities on only three of the "eight" days anyway, they'd be looking to do something!

Hi CaliforniaGirl09 I hear you. I did a similar spreadsheet, but what I could not calculate was the fact that there are some surprises that they will not tell you about..

I did ask if they would add something at Victoria since they only have 3 days worth of activities. I also asked if they would discount for those that did not meet the requirements of the excursion since everyone can do the skybridge as well as zipline, She said she understood, but she said Disney is concerned about safety first.

Honestly since 2 of the 3 ports is exactly what we wanted to do and the rest of the group wants to do the ziplining, still really thinking about it.

Yes, the little surprises went into my catch all of $573. I've done Adventures by Disney before and LOVED it, but none of the surprises were high value type of things.

Did she give you a response as to why they haven't scheduled something in Victoria? I never did get an explanation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter