ABD Alaska Cruise Package

CaliforniaGirl09 and Calfan--
Wow--Having read your letters, I would really like to hear what ABD's response is. We are considering the Alaska cruise and the ABD add-on would be a huge plus, given that we are huge ABD fans and have already been on 4 ABD trips. But the cost of the add-on is a bit ridiculous if it does not include the helicopter/dog sledding excursion (which is wildly expensive on its own). We are also huge fans of the guides and have had both Tiffany and Landon on privious trips and LOVED them!

Please let us know if you hear anything back!!!!!
Thanks for writing those letters. . . :thumbsup2

Not surprisingly, I haven't heard anything back yet. Calfan?

I suspect we'll get some kind of "it's not the value it's the experience" kind of response. I, too, was most disappointed about the removal of the heli/dog sled experience. That alone would keep me from signing up. I re-read the port adventure reviews from last year, and by far that was the experience everyone raved about.

I suspect they won't do anything to change it unless sign-ups are slow, and/or they get enough complaints.

No response yet either (to my letter or to the comments I submitted on the Contact Us form on the ABD website). Like CaliforniaGirl09, I suspect ABD won’t take any action unless they see folks voting with their feet and not signing up. I also encourage anyone else who is disappointed in the itinerary changes and the pricing to contact ABD directly. Hearing from enough people might spur ABD to action.

My experience with using Contact Us has been, if I'm complimenting someone or asking a question that indicates I might be planning to book, I get a quick response. The one time I sent a complaint, I got no response at all. I hope your experience is different.

My experience with using Contact Us has been, if I'm complimenting someone or asking a question that indicates I might be planning to book, I get a quick response. The one time I sent a complaint, I got no response at all. I hope your experience is different.
:sad2:

Sayhello

Just got the following email from Adventures by Disney:

1/11/2012

Dear Laura:

We appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts with us. As
you are aware, our goal is to provide the finest service on all of our
trips. Please be assured we take your comments very seriously. Your
remarks have been forwarded to the Adventures by Disney Guest
Communications team so they too, are aware of your feedback.

Sincerely,

Adventure by Disney Travel Services, Inc.

It will be interesting to see if there is any follow-up and if my written letter receives any kind of response.

Wow, just now reading this thread. We did the ABD-Alaska last summer and now are so glad we did. As others have mentioned, the dog sledding was definitely at the top of our favorites list. The current itinerary most definitely is shorter - not sure we would sign up now.

Anyone know why they changed the dog sledding to a sea plane? I wouldn't think it would be based on a shorter short time if they have time to do the sea plane.

I have no idea why they changed it--there are still a number of port adventures with it so they definitely had enough time. I just received the same email as Calfan.

I got a call from ABD this morning confirming they have reduced the price of the ABD add-on for the Alaska cruises by $300 per person. I am so impressed that they took the feedback to heart! So tempted to do this now.

You really know how to make it hard, don't you? LOL. But we are definitely considering it. Really the main thing holding me back is not having the helicopter/dog sled activity. I think I'll have to go read through some trip reports to help me decide...

Ah.. I so want to do ABD with our July Alaska cruise, Each of the excurisions sounds like what we would book already. But the cost just seems about $3000 above what we would pay for each of the items on a going rate for our party of 4.

I also contacted ABD and my TA contacted DCL and ABD to find out what is included that is not listed.

*i found out a little bit more information with what’s included besides the shore excursion parts.
-*******2 guides just for your adventure that are with you onboard and ashore
-*******Welcome reception on board
-*******Private reception onboard with ship’s naturalist
-*******Case of bottled water
-*******Private farewell reception
-*******Photo CD including onboard and shore excursion pictures taken by Disney staff
-*******ABD backpack, special ABD pins
-*******Onboard gratuities included but not the adventure guide gratuities

Note no Palo's dinner or animation demonstration..

Also.. since my DD10 is not yet 90lb and that is one of the requirements of ziplining what will they have her do in place of ziplining?

Also.. since my DD10 is not yet 90lb and that is one of the requirements of ziplining what will they have her do in place of ziplining?
Is that DCL's requirement or ABD's requirement? Frequently, DCL's requirements are much stricter than the actual excursion operators', and ABD would have their own relationship with the tour operator. I'd call ABD and ask them that question. If your daughter is old enough to be on the ABD, but not big enough to go on the zipline, they *will* have an alternate activity for her and any other kids in that situation.

Sayhello

I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in here because I been to Alaska before. This trip will probably be a little pricey but it will definitely be worth every penny! The landscape and wildlife you will encounter is breath taking and will sure to be one of the favorite memories of the whole trip. Have a great time and take a lot of pictures for us to see!:cool2:

I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in here because I been to Alaska before. This trip will probably be a little pricey but it will definitely be worth every penny! The landscape and wildlife you will encounter is breath taking and will sure to be one of the favorite memories of the whole trip. Have a great time and take a lot of pictures for us to see!:cool2:

I don't disagree with you. And since you will see the Landscape and Wildlife with general excursions offered by DCL. But trying to figure out if we can justify the extra's that ABD provides and the extra cost we would add.

We already know we will be spending a lot on this trip for the experience, but trying to justify the additional costs.

Is that DCL's requirement or ABD's requirement? Frequently, DCL's requirements are much stricter than the actual excursion operators', and ABD would have their own relationship with the tour operator. I'd call ABD and ask them that question. If your daughter is old enough to be on the ABD, but not big enough to go on the zipline, they *will* have an alternate activity for her and any other kids in that situation.

Sayhello

I contacted ABD and their restriction matches the Vendor and not DCL. She does not meet the weight requirements and they may or may not do tandem ziplines, but the alternative they mentioned is a skybridge.

I contacted ABD and their restriction matches the Vendor and not DCL. She does not meet the weight requirements and they may or may not do tandem ziplines, but the alternative they mentioned is a skybridge.
I knew they'd have something worked out. ABD is very on top of that sort of thing!

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter