ABD Backstage Magic 2/20 - 2/25/11 *** Close to Selling Out***

Hi Folks,

Just a quick note to let you know that I wont be able to make ABD chat this week.

If you have any questions or concerns about our upcoming Adventure, please feel free to email me.

Thanks,
Kevin

Has anyone heard from Carol or Michael? Was Carol able to start chemotherapy? Wasn't she supposed to have another test yesterday?

Carol? Michael? What's the scoop? How are you doing?

Hi everyone. Here is my update. No chemo again this week. My platelet count on Monday was lower than the previous week. I am having bloodwork done again today in hopes that I am strong enough to do chemo next Monday. I know what a great way to spend Valentine's Day. Actually it would be to get this chemo session done. I go to the doctor tomorrow so I will know more tomorrow.

So what does this mean for the trip. It is really up in the air right now. It is very hard to not know. I am doing EVERYTHING I can to be on this trip but at this point it will be a last minute decision. I am working on keeping my spirits up. Michael has been incredibly supportive. As things unfold I will continue to let you know. I appreciate all of your support.

Carol
It's a great day to be alive!!!

Carol, I wish you the very best of luck with all your tests. If you need some extra blood platelets, let me know and I'll send you some via FEDEX. :lmao:

:grouphug:

Thanks for the "reminder" about the tickets Lindsay and Kevin. I thought I remembered some conversation about it in the past but couldn't put it together, lol.

One week from tomorrow I will be in Cali getting things started... Can't wait... :cool1:

Carol you've got this. I just know it... :goodvibes

Hope to chat with everyone tonight, ciao.

Carol-wanting to tell you I am thinking of you today. I hope your doctor's visit goes well and you receive positive news.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Michael and I just returned from meeting with my Doctor. Shockingly he decided that I should go ahead and do chemo on Monday. Even though my platelet count is still low the rest of my bloodwork looks better. I will do shots to increase my platelet count after chemo all next week.

If there are no more surprises (Please God no more) a week from now Michael will be driving and I will be sleeping on our way to Anahiem.

Thanks everyone.

Carol

Michael and I just returned from meeting with my Doctor. Shockingly he decided that I should go ahead and do chemo on Monday. Even though my platelet count is still low the rest of my bloodwork looks better. I will do shots to increase my platelet count after chemo all next week.

If there are no more surprises (Please God no more) a week from now Michael will be driving and I will be sleeping on our way to Anahiem.

Thanks everyone.

Carol

So happy to hear, looking forward to buying you and Michael the beverage of your choice next Sunday.

Have a great weekend!

So happy to hear, looking forward to buying you and Michael the beverage of your choice next Sunday.

Have a great weekend!

Frank, hope you guys have a great trip. I'm more than a little jealous. I'd love to do this again. Tracey and Ben have the opportunity to be part of the April trip, sadly I need to stay back and work but I'll pretend to be happy for them. Take care and say hi to Cathy/Nancy.

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. Are you all starting to get excited?

Carol-how did it go yesterday? Were you able to receive your chemo treatment?

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Suzette

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. Are you all starting to get excited?

Carol-how did it go yesterday? Were you able to receive your chemo treatment?

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Suzette

We are just about ready to go here, we leave early Friday morning.

Not thrilled with the ten day LA forecast, but that something I can't control.

Really looking forward to this adventure and meeting everyone.

Cathy and I were talking about how we are more excited for this trip than when we did the ABD DIS last April.

Hope everyone has safe travels!

Got through Chemo yesterday.

Today is rough but I am working through it. Focusing on resting, resting, resting so that I can make the ride down to LA on Friday.

I can't believe that this trip is in less than a week. Happy Packing.

Carol

Everything is good to go here.

I've confirmed Kitty's stay at her resort whule I'm away.

I've requested the post office to hold my mail while I am away.

I've placed some things aside so I don't forget them like my camera, umbrella, etc.

I'll do laundry on Thursday and pack on Friday.

According to weather.com, it looks like we'll have sunny days except for Saturday.

What I am more upset about are the reports of all the construction and refurbishment walls up at both Disneyland and DCA. I hope we get LOTS of backstage time so that the onstage walls don't matter much.

See you all real soon!

I am in the process of doing our daughter's laundry and I will do a few quick loads of mine and my husband's stuff on Friday. Then I can pack the stuff I need as it comes out and everyone else left at home with have clean stuff to wear while I am gone.

I need to start gathering my camera, memory cards, chargers, etc. I also need to find a small umbrella. The forecast I saw says rain everyday. :confused3 I must be looking at a different forecast than Michael.

I worked from home today and have to go into the office tomorrow. But Thursday and Friday are free. Will just have to monitor email to take care of anything that happens to come in.

I'm kind of surprised that I haven't already brought down the suitcase but we have been so busy that I haven't even had a chance to start my packing. Very strange for me.

Carol-glad to hear that you were able to get the Chemo treatment yesterday. Please rest, rest, rest and rest some more. We are all looking forward to seeing you this weekend. Make sure Michael does all the packing for you!

See everyone soon.

Concerning the weather, I just check weather.com, and Michael is correct, it does look better after Saturday.

BUT, we are scheduled for the Universal tour on Saturday.

Mid 50 degrees with rain does not sound good, Cathy and I are going to decide tonight if we are going to cancel the tour (with the 48 hour refund window) and do something else.

I don't know about the rest of you but I packed this week with work since I am gone next week. I mean PACKED! I am even speaking at a conference in san francisco Friday right before I get on a plane to LA.

Saw the weather on Saturday. It does not look great for universal. I can't recall if I was getting a ride with someone so if anyone remembers let me know. If my ride cancels I may also cancel.

Keep me posted! I text and email all the time even thought the boards baffle me.

-----
cell: 510-206-0810
jenn8@berkeley.edu

Carol...I'm so glad to hear you made it through chemo this week...I've been thinking about you everyday!

As for my preparations...I've started entertaining the idea of staying over Friday night in order to see fantasmic. I'm already on my own for transportation to LAX since I have such a late flight, so what is the difference in leaving Saturday morning? Delta's increased change fees mean I'm going to have to wing it..but I booked a cancel-able room for Friday night. I'll see how it goes...

...as for packing, I've only collected the few random things I might forget...such as my minnie ears :)

Saw the weather on Saturday. It does not look great for universal. I can't recall if I was getting a ride with someone so if anyone remembers let me know. If my ride cancels I may also cancel.

If I made plans to pick someone up I sure don't remember, lol. But I'm available to pick you up if you're interested. I'm definitely going to attend the VIP Tour so let me know. I'm staying close to the Studios but I can come and get you wherever, assuming I don't get lost...

I have been so busy I haven't even thought about packing or pulling things out to get ready. I'm sure I will forget something but boy am I starting to get excited... :banana:

See you all real soon...

JJ,

Cathy and I offered Jenn a ride in chat a while back, and we have discussed off line tonight.

If we cancel (still "iffy" we are going to decide tomorrow) and Jenn wants to go, we have offered Jenn a ride up in the AM. We are staying at the Renaissance and will have a rental car until Sunday.

See you soon!

Frank

I know it probably says this somewhere but does anyone know what time we officially meet Sunday?

I know it probably says this somewhere but does anyone know what time we officially meet Sunday?

Kevin and John will be in the lobby all day Sunday wearing tutus. :cheer2:

OK ... maybe not. From what I understand, our ABD guides will be in the hotel lobby after noon to greet us and check us in. They will then tell us where and when the "meet and greet" is before going to the welcome dinner. Kevin said the "meet and greet" would be approximately 5:00 PM, but that could change.

Also, some of us agreed to meet at the lobby bad one hour prior to this for a pre-welcome drink. I hope to see you ALL there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter