ABD packet arrives WHEN????

Silvertraveler

Earning My Ears
Ok, I do not know about the rest of you, but I am READY for my ABD packet with the backpack! I paid my money:thumbsup2 , and I am inside 45 days! How long does it take?:rolleyes1
This trip is very important to us. There have been lots of delays in getting information out to us in the past nine months. PLEASE tell me that the trip is more organized than the planning! I need reassurance and my backpack!!!! I am ready to pack!
:laundy:
Silvertraveler

Ok, I do not know about the rest of you, but I am READY for my ABD packet with the backpack! I paid my money:thumbsup2 , and I am inside 45 days! How long does it take?:rolleyes1
This trip is very important to us. There have been lots of delays in getting information out to us in the past nine months. PLEASE tell me that the trip is more organized than the planning! I need reassurance and my backpack!!!! I am ready to pack!
Silvertraveler

Which Adventure are you booked on?

If you're on Backstage Magic, good luck! I am already steeled for a Three Stooges adventure. Even when you get your stuff, there is no backpack (yet?) for that one. Just a box with paperwork, booklets, and luggage handles.

Silvertraveler

I am going on the Backstage Magic tour starting on April 22nd. I received a flat box on March 21st. It contained some little items. It also had a note stating that we will receive an additional surprise just prior to our departure. I'm looking forward to the surprises along the way.

Apparently AbD went with Turtle Express to send our stuff (Backstage Magic 22 April) - they told my TA they shipped the packet out 3/20 - I called her yesterday afternoon & it still hadn't arrived! I expect she'll be prompt with the turn-around, but still .... ! :sad2:

I have to say I am really NOT impressed with AbD at this point - yes, it's a brand new tour, but jeez - they should have had their duck more in a row before advertising it!

Again, which tour are you on? I am on the Backstage Magic Tour departing 4/22/08. My AAA travel agent received my package and called me to pick it up. It was a flat box with lugage tags and a rough draft of our itinerary. I did however receive a beautiful leather bound photo album with the ABD logo on the front. This is a gift just for AAA members who book ABD through them. I was told by my agent that only the people on the Costa Rica adventures get the backpack.

We received our box of goodies today, just 37 days from our trip to Italy!:cheer2:

I was told by ABD that we would be receiving a backpack for our Southwest Splenders trip in September.
I just got my packet for the Southwest Splendors tour in May, and it contained a rather bulky messenger bag, not a backpack. Not something I would be able to use on the trip at all. Besides that there was a padded "luggage identifier" to put on the handle of my checked luggage, a booklet with detail of my itinerary and packing suggestions, and a 30-day countdown chart to cross off the days until the tour.

I'm 35 days out from my trip, and just got the packet today. I was just getting ready to call ABD and see where it was...

sayhello

I just got my packet for the Southwest Splendors tour in May, and it contained a rather bulky messenger bag, not a backpack. Not something I would be able to use on the trip at all. Besides that there was a padded "luggage identifier" to put on the handle of my checked luggage, a booklet with detail of my itinerary and packing suggestions, and a 30-day countdown chart to cross off the days until the tour.

I'm 35 days out from my trip, and just got the packet today. I was just getting ready to call ABD and see where it was...

sayhello

My TA said they had a problem with the vendor they were using for these new messenger bags which is why some were delayed. hope all is well now..

My TA said they had a problem with the vendor they were using for these new messenger bags which is why some were delayed. hope all is well now..
All is wonderful :) except I'm not quite sure why they would send a messenger bag for an adventure vacation... It's a quality bag, but it's probably going in the closet somewhere. Not sure what use I'll ever get out of it, especially where this vacation is concerned. But, hey, it's "free", so I'm not going to complain.

sayhello

sayhello

Thanks for the info. We definitely will not use a messenger bag for any trip. We have our own backpacks for travel that we would use anyway. I just wish they would give accurate information.

....a rather bulky messenger bag....I'm 35 days out from my trip, and just got the packet today. I was just getting ready to call ABD and see where it was...

sayhello
I wonder how they decide who gets their items and when? Is there a system to it?

FINALLY got our air tickets and packet ONLY after calls from me and the TA.
I am REALLY hoping this trip is going to turn out for us.
Silvertraveler

Congrats! So, did you get a backpack?

sayhello
The bag is contructed of a denim-ish material, and it is a messenger bag. I do not think that is is going to be useful for the trip. The photo book is nice.

I hope we have no more issues. This trip is a large investment...

Silvertraveler

Photo book? Did they give you a photo album, or are you talking about the detailed itinerary booklet?

Which trip are you taking?

sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter