ABD Survey - Anyone get to take it?

I got the survey too. I was mostly surprised how eye poppingly expensive some of them were. A ton of mine were well into 5 figures per person, and for rather mundane eastern Europe itineraries. I mean, I expect that for a safari or Antarctica, not… Slovenia.

I got the survey too. I was mostly surprised how eye poppingly expensive some of them were. A ton of mine were well into 5 figures per person, and for rather mundane eastern Europe itineraries. I mean, I expect that for a safari or Antarctica, not… Slovenia.
I totally agree! Most of those were "Expedition Cruises". But I'd automatically eliminate them due to the ridiculous price. Didn't really matter where it went at that price! I mean, some were over $20,000 for, as you say, pretty mundane locales.

Sayhello

So I just got an ABD survey for people who have traveled with them before (not the survey for my New Zealand trip. I already did that one). I actually made it all the way through the survey this time! It was one where they presented trips being currently being offered by them and Nat Geo, and had me pick my 3 "favorites". Then they showed me a bunch of new possible trips and asked me to pick my 1 favorite. Then they compared that 1 new favorite to the 3 old favorites, and asked which one I would really book in the next 3 years. They did that 8 times, and the list of new trips changed subtly each time. There were a few new North American ones listed, and I was happy to see those. A lot were for places I wasn't that interested in, and with no description of the trips (beyond whether it was a land trip vs an Expedition cruise, ABD vs Nat Geo, and length and cost) it was hard to pick any of those places. Honestly some of the North American trips, and a couple of the European trips sounded the most interesting to me.

It was interesting, but it took way, WAY longer than the 20 minutes they said it would take! (But then, I like to read *everything*!)

Sayhello
I received a survey too and agree, it was waaay long! Mine were S. America, Europe and Oceania but primarily Europe and S. America and mostly land based trips. It would be nice to see some of them come to fruition-but we'll see. In the past some of the ones I've asked for (New Zealand, Adriatic, and even Poland) have been incorporated so I'm hopeful eventually Patagonia will show up...even if I don't actually go on ABD's version:-) .

I got this one too and chose Asia, Africa, and Europe. I unfortunately chose short tours and long tours, as the two types of trips I was interested in, which led to a lot of similar looking itineraries to try to differentiate between. There were a couple I'd be interested in possible if they eventually come to fruition.

I think the survey is dynamic, with tour survey questions based on responses to the questions of things like tour companies, preferred tour elements, and price points. I too picked Europe, Asia, and Africa, but my choices in the different scenarios presented included options for expedition cruises to Japan, Greenland & Iceland, and Sweden/Denmark/Norway along with various land tours, I also saw the same options come up with different tour lengths and different price points, ie the Japan expedition cruise came up three different times, with a 7-8 days, 11-12 days, and 14-15 days options at different points.

There were a few new North American ones listed, and I was happy to see those. A lot were for places I wasn't that interested in, and with no description of the trips (beyond whether it was a land trip vs an Expedition cruise, ABD vs Nat Geo, and length and cost) it was hard to pick any of those places. Honestly some of the North American trips, and a couple of the European trips sounded the most interesting to me.
So my locations were Europe, Asia, and then North America, and oddly I didn't get any new North American trips in my options. But I got tons of India (from short to long), Cambodia, Japan, Malaysia, and Jordan. I've been checking out Egypt trips for a million years, which is why I think Jordan popped up for me. India is my big wish - I'd love to go with Disney!

So my locations were Europe, Asia, and then North America, and oddly I didn't get any new North American trips in my options. But I got tons of India (from short to long), Cambodia, Japan, Malaysia, and Jordan. I've been checking out Egypt trips for a million years, which is why I think Jordan popped up for me. India is my big wish - I'd love to go with Disney!
If they do India we'd book it. I'd trust them to keep us safe, hit the highlights which is in this case all we're interested in, and keep our digestive tract on track. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter