ABFF for stroller rental?

jbuchen

Earning My Ears
Has anyone used the service A Baby's Best Friend to rent a stroller or any other baby equipment for their stay at Disney? I am considering using them in May to rent a double stroller to use for our 9 day trip.

Thanks
julia

Yes I have and they were awesome. Along with having the stroller with us at all times, (for the occasions we did not go to the parks), it was clean, comfortable, and in great shape! Also, it was less than half the price if we had rented a park stroller the whole week.
The full-size crib we received was a God-send, and was also clean, with very nice bedding. The best part was everything was at our hotel before we arrived, set up and ready to go in our room! Tracy (the owner's name) is a joy to deal with. I recommend A Baby's Best Friend highly!

Have a great trip! :wave:

I am heading down in March with DD, 4, and DS 2. I would really appreciate any info on how to contact ABBF. I had no idea they even existed :)

Thanks!

Kristie

We used A baby's Best Friend last year for a double stroller and it was wonderful. Was just like the one I have at home and very clean. The lady that owns it is great.

www.abbf.com

We also used them for a crib rental and they were wonderful. However, when we went this past Novemeber, I was going to rent the double stroller from them, but it turned out I ordered a double umbrella on line and just had it delivered to the hotel. It was less expensive that way. When we got home I donated to a local charity.

I used a double umbrella once. . . for less than a day. Uncomfortable, did not recline, the children could not nap, no storage area below, and did not have a canopy. Everything the double stroller that ABBF rents, the umbrella was not. There is no way I would ever use anything other than the full double again.
It was not worth the minor savings to me.

:wave:

We used them in Dec and rented a double side by side. Wonderful condition and couldn't have been easier to deal with. They had it at our resort when we arrived and we just dropped it at the desk when we left. By the way, we changed resorts--offsite--half way through the trip and that was no problem for them at all. As I recall it was about $85 or $90 to rent it for the 12 days that we were there. Not bad at all for what we got--padded seats, colapsible sun shade, two huge baskets underneath, and fully reclining seats.

When we went last year in Feb, we used Baby's Away and rented a Graco duo glider. The price was $42 for a week plus a $15 delivery charge ( I believe they pro-rate for $7/day too).

Don't bother emailing, calling works a lot faster. They dropped off at the hotel and picked up too.

Not sure what we'll be using in May, but just to save space (we're driving) we'll probably use Baby's Away again.

babysaway.com

I looked at Babys Away too and thought about going with them as they seemed a bit cheaper. Problem was the woman could not tell me and said she couldn't gaurantee what type of double side by side I would get. I said I didn't care what brand, but wanted to know if it had storage underneath, reclining seats, etc. She said, they couldn't guarantee any of those things, it was just whatever was in at the time. I decided it wasn't worth the risk. What was your experience as far as what they told you to expect?

I think they told me what types that they had (duo-glider, etc) so I at least knew which of the ones they offered that I may get.

Get her to at least tell you what exactly they have (regardless of whether it will be available to you) that way you at least have an idea of two or three types/brands, etc...

HTH!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter