• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

? about dolphin swim

tdelano

Mouseketeer
Is is a problem to wear glasses during the dolphin swim? I read that you must remove all jewelry etc? Thanks.

Nope, can't wear them. They'd fall off, and once they do, they're a play toy for the dolphins.
Do you have contact lenses?
You can wear them and you'll have a mask on at the same time.
You wear the mask so you can put your head underwater. The trainer will tell the dolphin to go underwater and touch their foot. The trainer talks about the dolphin parts as you look underwater.

When we went, I wore my contacts with out a mask, my face was never under water. I also wore my sunglasses as well with no problem (the trainer said it was ok).

Do you think there is a chance that my 15 year old daughter would be allowed to wear her glasses in the dolphin swim? This is a VERY big issue with us. She can't wear contacts and cannot see without her glasses... I am not sure what to do!!

I'd call and ask. She could skip the part where you look underwater, it's only for a second to see them touching the trainers foot on the bottom. You're standing in waist deep water most of the time. She could hand her glasses to someone for the ride to the shore. That only lasts a few seconds if you do a slighshot ride starting on the beach. Other than that, you're standing face above water the entire time.

when we went in 2000 we did not put our face underwater.
That was not part of the time.

My DH and I both wear glasses, and I can't remember if they said to keep them on the shore or not... I'll have to check.

Yes she will be allowed to wear her glasses. You can buy one of those straps (sport strap?) that attach to the glasses and goes around the head as added protection to keep them from falling off. Again, I wore my contacts, but also had my sunglasses on the entire time including my ride with the dolphin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter