?? about San Diego hotels

Tink3815

DIS Veteran
We will be visting San Diego in early April for 3 days. I am trying to find a hotel in the 75.00 to 125.00 price range. My main concern is cleanliness and in a safe area. We will have a car so free parking is needed. The hotel does not have to be fancy as we will be sight seeing most of the time. I do not mind being away from the downtown area as we will have the car. I have found some in the Carlsbad area but not sure how safe this area is. Any advice good or bad about hotels in the area would be really appreciated.

Have you looked into package deals? That is how we were able to get our hotel for such a cheap price (by combining it with our rental car and flight). We stayed at the Catamaran in September and it was beautiful and close to the zoo/seaworld/the beach and good food. The hotel was definitely clean and safe, we really loved it. But I think if you just book this hotel separately it is pretty expensive. But hunt around- I bet with the economy you can find a great deal.

Have you looked into renting a condo? April is still away from high season in SD, so you can probably find one that will give you a 3-night rental, in an area closer than Carlsbad. Even if you spend a few more dollars a night, you can offset it with eating breakfast at your condo. Many come with the free parking in a garage or lot.
We rented ours in October through VRBO.com and were very happy. If you're traveling with more than 2 people, it might give you more room and privacy for the same price.
PHXscuba

We stayed in Carlsbad in July. Our hotel was $130 per night at the 4* Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa through Priceline.com using their Name Your Own Price option. I could have gotten it for $125 per night but decided to bid a bit more because we really wanted the bid accepted. Also, as a previous poster mentioned, in the current economy, you may be able to bid lower than $125 per night.

The hotel was less than 2 months old when we stayed there. Our room smelled like new. The hotel was super clean and the pool area was great. It has its own entrance to Legoland, is close (5 min. drive) to many stores, like Costco and the premium outlets. There are many places to eat nearby, like Ruby's Diner, Rubio's, Pat & Oscar's, TGIFridays, Karl Strauss, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter