??? About Seat Restraints on Manta & Kraken

gdjr2345

Earning My Ears
It will be my first time going to Sea World this weekend. I wanted to know if the Manta and the Kraken have seats that accomodate individual with chest dimensions greater than 52". I know that several of the rides at Universal/Islands of Adventure have one row to accomodate such people. Any info. would be greatly appreciated.

Thx

Here's a blog entry from the Orlando Sentinel from 2009 that addresses this concern in the comments section. I assume the trains are the same now as in 2009.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/fe...er-seaworld-orlando-construction-florida.html

The short answer seems to that Kraken has these larger seats (called "big boy seats" in the coaster fan community, and Manta does not.

Following are the relevant coomments from the blog.

Is Manta going to be able to handle large people…I’m 6′5″ 300+ am I going to be able to ride this thing?

I asked SeaWorld your question. The response:
The Height requirement is 54”, and the seat is designed to accommodate a guest with a chest diameter up to 52”. Since people come in a variety of sizes there isn’t a height and weight limit for the ride. This is one of reason we provide the “Test Seat” at the entrance of the ride to allow guests the opportunity to test fit the seat before riding.

Another commenter said:
Without knowing your specific body type (tall and muscular, or “beer belly” or what), it’d be tough to say. Based on my personal experience with another B&M flying coaster up in Atlanta, however, here’s what you need to know.
The most critical dimension is waist size. The B&M flyer uses a harness that locks into holes in the armrests, and it hits right at the stomach (the harness for Cyberspace Mountain at DisneyQuest locks in exactly the same way as the B&M flyer’s). A waist size of 50″ or larger may well be excluded from the harness system.

As to height, the upper torso is held in place using a rubberized vest, with seat-belt-style tensioners above each shoulder. There should be some flexibility there for a tall person, but again the individual’s build will make all the difference.
SeaWorld should have a test seat available, much as they do with Kraken. However, there are no “big-boy” seats as there are on that one; the flyer’s seat is one-size-fits-all (or most, as the case may be).

have modified seats on Manta as well as Kraken. I am quite large and was afraid I wouldn't fit, but Manta was actually really comfortable. If you ask the person at the top of the line they will direct you to the modified seats. Only bummer is you can't ride in the front row. The waist measurement is much less forgiving than chest. I had plenty of room in the chest area, but really had to pull hard for the restraints to click twice.

Several of the coasters at Busch Gardens have been modified for larger people, so if you're into coasters, head to the coast. You'll probably have a better chance of getting in some good coasters there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter