? about visiting AKV model

gracelrm

<font color=teal>Wow - you learn something new eve
We'll be at the World beginning this Sunday and staying a week. If I can talk DH into visiting the AKV models over at SS, what are the hours that DVC members can tour without an appt? I've seen this posted before, but can't find the post now. Also, we're not familiar with SS so if we're at DD, do we take a boat to SS? How do we find the models? Sorry for so many questions, just trying to have a plan in mind so I can talk DH into taking an hour or so off the schedule to visit the models.

We'll be at the World beginning this Sunday and staying a week. If I can talk DH into visiting the AKV models over at SS, what are the hours that DVC members can tour without an appt? I've seen this posted before, but can't find the post now. Also, we're not familiar with SS so if we're at DD, do we take a boat to SS? How do we find the models? Sorry for so many questions, just trying to have a plan in mind so I can talk DH into taking an hour or so off the schedule to visit the models.

Officially 5-7 PM, but I don't suspect they'd stop you from going through them at another time. You'd probably just be assigned an intern to show you around. We did last Sunday.

you would be better off just walking - it the next section down from Congress Park - across from Springs

http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/500/14664ssr.jpg

if you are driving - the security guard will let you in - just show him your WDW resort Id, or you DVC membership card. He will give you excellent instructions on where this the sales models are located.

Do go over it is beautiful. We went over before we had to go to the airport and got the tour with no appointment and not during the official hours. We met with our rep and added points to our home resort VWL.

Spiceycat, I kept badgering the poor young girl who gave us the tour. I would say things like. Wow this bathroom is large and a different set up, will the CRVs have a bathroom like this? I must have made about 30 CRV comments but she stuck to the same story "I have not heard of any plans for DVC at the CR at this time". She was a good sport and it was all in good fun but I think my wife was getting annoyed :confused3

Do go over it is beautiful. We went over before we had to go to the airport and got the tour with no appointment and not during the official hours. We met with our rep and added points to our home resort VWL.

Spiceycat, I kept badgering the poor young girl who gave us the tour. I would say things like. Wow this bathroom is large and a different set up, will the CRVs have a bathroom like this? I must have made about 30 CRV comments but she stuck to the same story "I have not heard of any plans for DVC at the CR at this time". She was a good sport and it was all in good fun but I think my wife was getting annoyed :confused3

Do you remember her name??

Does anyone know if they will be moving the models to AKV? We will be there in October and would love to visit the models. If I could tie in a lunch at Boma's, that would be great! But it sounds like we may have to head over to SS instead.

We just went to take a look at the models of the AKV last week while we were in Disney. We were staying at the AKL for the first time and fell in love with the resort. We made an appt. to take a look at the models for the AKV. One look and we were hooked. I am proud to say we are on our way to being proud members of DVC for the first time! I about flipped when my husband suggested we go ahead and sign up. :dance3:

The models are absolutely beautiful! The master bathroom in the 1 bedroom was my favorite! Very nice. I've seen pictures of the model from a link I saw on here but the pictures do not do it justice at all! I am excited and we are already planning our May 2008 trip!

The models are absolutely beautiful! The master bathroom in the 1 bedroom was my favorite! Very nice. I've seen pictures of the model from a link I saw on here but the pictures do not do it justice at all! I am excited and we are already planning our May 2008 trip!

Congratulations!!!!party:

I agree that pictures that I've seen posted just do not do the rooms justice. We bought into DVC a few months ago and I'm sure that we will be adding on soon. That addonitis is bad stuff!!

Congratulations!!!!party:

I agree that pictures that I've seen posted just do not do the rooms justice. We bought into DVC a few months ago and I'm sure that we will be adding on soon. That addonitis is bad stuff!!

Thank you and congratulations to you too! :banana:

Does anyone know if they will be moving the models to AKV? We will be there in October and would love to visit the models. If I could tie in a lunch at Boma, that would be great! But it sounds like we may have to head over to SS instead.
There are no model rooms at AKL so you will have to head over to SSR if you want to see them. It's well worth the trip! By the way, Boma is only open for breakfast and dinner.

We just went to take a look at the models of the AKV last week while we were in Disney. We were staying at the AKL for the first time and fell in love with the resort. We made an appt. to take a look at the models for the AKV. One look and we were hooked. I am proud to say we are on our way to being proud members of DVC for the first time! I about flipped when my husband suggested we go ahead and sign up. :dance3:

I totally agree that the pictures just do NOT do it justice! I loved the extra bath too! I knew it would be smaller than what we are used to at OKW, but the theme, amenities and decor and the lure of that savanna view were enough to sway me! I really loved the sunrise tiles in the bathroom!

While Boma is okay, we really LOVE Jiko! I hope the new restaurant in Kidani house will be a good addition too.

You had to mention a Corvette!!!! I keep telling DW that I need another one and that our 5 month old daughter wants her daddy to have one! Instead of buying another new vette this year we bought a 300 VWL points contract. I guess waiting another year wont kill me to get a new one.

There are no model rooms at AKL so you will have to head over to SSR if you want to see them. It's well worth the trip! By the way, Boma is only open for breakfast and dinner.

Thanks for the information. Wow, I didn't realize that Boma is only open for breakfast and dinner. We've only eaten dinner there. I guess that we will go over to SS on the day that we are eating at Raglan Road and going to PI. So the rooms are open each day from 5-7pm? Thanks again!

By the way dianeschlicht, I totally agree with you about Jiko. We have eaten there many times and it is one of our favorites.

I am so excited! We bought points at AKV just so we can bring the grand kids down and stay there in a GV. Oh, I guess we'll let their parents come too. :)

While Boma is okay, we really LOVE Jiko! I hope the new restaurant in Kidani house will be a good addition too.

Exactly! I'm looking forward to trying it when it is finally built.

Thanks for the information. Wow, I didn't realize that Boma is only open for breakfast and dinner. We've only eaten dinner there. I guess that we will go over to SS on the day that we are eating at Raglan Road and going to PI. So the rooms are open each day from 5-7pm? Thanks again!

By the way dianeschlicht, I totally agree with you about Jiko. We have eaten there many times and it is one of our favorites.

I am so excited! We bought points at AKV just so we can bring the grand kids down and stay there in a GV. Oh, I guess we'll let their parents come too. :)
Yes the models are open from 5-7pm. They are in the theater building at SSR. They only have a 2BR lockoff model, no GV model, so when you do stay in one, please post some photos! (Or better yet, host a DIS meet in one so we can come and have a look! LOL!) The night we were there they closed the doors to the model rooms promptly at 7pm so don't be late.

Yes the models are open from 5-7pm. They are in the theater building at SSR. They only have a 2BR lockoff model, no GV model, so when you do stay in one, please post some photos! (Or better yet, host a DIS meet in one so we can come and have a look! LOL!) The night we were there they closed the doors to the model rooms promptly at 7pm so don't be late.

You might be surprised! I have hosted 3 meets so far. Although one had nearly 50 people show up. Not so sure that DVC would appreciate that. Oh yeah, and another was a Drink Around the World Meet. Not sure that would fly there either. :)

yea - still waiting!!!

hopefully in the next year - we will know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter