Accomodations???

Popovich

<font color=green>I can't stand to be so close to
When looking over the ABD brochure I was a little disappointed in the description of the accomodations. It seemed like they were primarily regular hotel room sleeping 4 people.

We've become spoiled by the DVC experience of having our own space. It's nice to be able to stay up after the kids go to sleep and relax with a glass of wine (without sitting on the bed with the lights out so not to wake the kids LOL!:) )

Interested in your experience with the accomodations.

Maybe the only solution is to get two rooms??:confused3

Thanks for your thoughts!:)

When looking over the ABD brochure I was a little disappointed in the description of the accomodations. It seemed like they were primarily regular hotel room sleeping 4 people.

We've become spoiled by the DVC experience of having our own space. It's nice to be able to stay up after the kids go to sleep and relax with a glass of wine (without sitting on the bed with the lights out so not to wake the kids LOL!:) )

Interested in your experience with the accomodations.

Maybe the only solution is to get two rooms??:confused3

Thanks for your thoughts!:)

I'm not sure about all the adventures, but for the one we are going on (Knights & Lights) parties of 4 are booked in two rooms. If you are booked as a quad, the two rooms will be adjoining. Each room will have either two doubles or one king. We're hoping for one of the rooms always having two doubles so that our two children will each have their own bed.

I'm pretty happy with the set up, because I will be near my kids, but we'll be able to sit in our own room and they will be in theirs.

In looking at some of the other trips, it looks like if you are booked as a quad, you may all be in the same room. It doesn't seem like there is a price difference for booking as two doubles instead, and then you get two rooms. It says that "adjoining rooms may be requested". That might be the way to go. I'd be a bit worried if I couldn't guarantee the adjoining rooms.

I saw your other thread. for the record, our children will be 12 and 9 at the time of our trip. They are very excited about it. I'm planning to buy some fun books for them to read ahead of time. I found some cute ones for my daughter (9) about girls on vacation in Paris.

Thanks for your reply. I did read about quads and adjoining rooms but wasn't sure if a family of 4 had to be in one room.

We would be perfectly happy with two adjoining rooms. We could stay up later and the kids would have their own beds-hopefully :) .

I was glad to read the ages of your children. Our daughter will turn 11 in Sept and our son is turning 9 next week.

Have a great time on your trip!

Just to chime in - we did Knights & Lights last Summer with our kids, ages 11 and 14 at the time. In London we were in a single room with 2 queen beds. It was just a very well appointed hotel room by North American standards.

In Paris, having 4 people share a hotel room is generally not allowed by law, and we were given 2 adjoining rooms. It was kind of a neat setup actually. The rooms were joined by a private 8' hallway, and the hallway required a room key to access from the 'public' hallway. Long story short, this worked out great - the kids had their own space and my wife and I had ours.

We've booked ABD Costa Rica for this year, and we were given the option to book as a quad in a single room or as a two doubles in 2 rooms. There is no difference in price. We elected to book 2 rooms, although I'm a little antsy about ensuring they will be adjoining rooms (I'm a worrier by nature).

Our family of four is going to the Emerald Isle in June. We have 2 rooms each night as well. I requested that one of the bedrooms have 2 beds, given the fact that we have 2 teens - a boy and a girl. Our travel agent said no problem! Hope that helps!:goodvibes

K London-
Thanks for the reply.

It's nice to see that you and your family liked last year's trip with ABD so well that you booked another. We had the same experience with DCL. We did our first cruise thinking "if we don't like it, we just won't go again". We're now getting ready to do our third Disney cruise this November :) .

With ABD, we are leaning toward one of the European trips at this time.

We really liked the Williamsburg/Washington trip because the kids are learning some American history in school (2nd grade and 4th grade now), but it seems like so much to pay for that trip. Maybe we'll try to do that with a local tour.

Andrea - thank you also for the reply. I guess we will have to verify our options with the TA when we book.

Have a great day and thanks for the information. I appreciate it!:goodvibes

Gailyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter