account disabled

RSJ5

Earning My Ears
My husband's account at MyPoints has been disabled. Why would they do this and now what do I do?

I was just coming to post the same thing -- my dh is ready to cash out and now his account is disabled! When he tried to call Member Care, he got a message that the number wasn't valid. Help!

My sil is going thru the same thing.She emailed Friday and called Monday and still no answer.April

Your DH should email Membercare asking why the account was disabled. Often, they just want proof that he is a real, live person and not one person doing many accounts. They may ask for a copy of his driver's license or other ID to be faxed to them. Once they have the information they're looking for, the account will be restored with all points still in his account.
]edited to add:
Here are the phone numbers that I have for MyPoints:
1-888-262-4528 and ask for Membercare
FAX - 1-888-333-6260

My husband's account was disabled too! :confused:
The MyPoints Terms of Agreement says one account per individual, not one account per household, so his account is legitimate, right? He e-mailed Member Services to find out what's up...if anyone hears from MS first, please post!

I just went to log in to Mypoints and it says my account has been disabled:confused: I am the only one in my household with an account. What's up???

My DH's account was disabled too. They must just be doing a huge sweep. It is one per individual, not per household. Thanks mad4themouse for the information on reinstating. I've seen that on other boards and it works.

I only have one account, only one in the household with an account so I don't understand what the sweep would be for. I was able to log in yesterday. I also tried to call membercare and it said the number was not valid.

My son's account was disabled this morning also.

It was fine yesterday and he cashed out for a $25 webcertificate yesterday, so I wonder if that had anything to do with it?

His account was disabled in Jan and after he faxed a copy of his driver's license, it was reinstated; but I hope there is not going to be a problem every time he wants to cash out.

He did email member care right away and has received a response(automated) with a tracking number that says someone will email him in 24-48 hours.

How do I email them if it says they have no record of my email address.

Can someone give me their email address.

Originally posted by cinlee3
How do I email them if it says they have no record of my email address.

Can someone give me their email address.

You can email them at:

membercare@mypoints.com

You might want to try

mops@mypoints.com , that`s the email my dh had to use when is account was disabled a few months ago.

He asked why they disabled it and they never did give him a straight answer :rolleyes:

hth!

Amanda

I've been trying to email them for days because I haven't received some points. Still haven't gotten any reply, not even an automated one. But my account is not disabled because I just earned some points. This is getting very annoying :rolleyes:

I just got enough points to get my five dollars off burger king.....hahaha....oh well....it was fun

Amanda (momto4obkids),
Did MyPoints reinstate your husband's account?

I've been disabled, too! I just joined about a month ago, and it's the only account in our household! I did send an email and got the automated response. Interesting to see others having the same problem!

One of them called mypoints, and talked to membercare. He said he didn't see why she was disabled, it looked like a technical problem, and he was forwarding it to their tech dept. He also stated that she should be able to get back in within 48 hours, and may or may not get an email from them about it. Maybe they are having a major tech problem? I found it odd - both of them disabled after purchasing through their amtrak emails.... :confused:

They must be having some technical difficulties. I just got an email from Mypoints which had my point totals, etc. and a link for 5 points???

When I tried to go to Mypoints to log in though it still said my account was disabled.

Wierd:(

Dh just called and was told to email the mops@mypoints address that Amanda posted. He was told that the deactivation was "probably random" (What? They decided to randomly tick members off????) and to email because the people who handle the account disabling "don't talk directly to members". :rolleyes:

I've only been a member for a week, and I got de-activated yesterday. I e-mailed MyPoints and got the automated reply with a tracking number. I'm still receiving the e-mails, just can't log in to the site. I also noticed that none of the points I should have earned yesterday from clicking on the e-mails showed up in my points total on today's e-mails. :confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter