ADA Savannah Deluxe rooms at AKL?

Joe Cool

E vai!
Hey, this is Joe.

...remember me? :cool1:

I think the last time I posted here was way back in 2002, before I left for Penn State...well, I've got a quick question for those who know about AKL. My family's planning a trip for the first two weeks of January, and how could we do it without the DIS?

My grandmother uses a custom wheelchair that she'll be bringing along with her. We're trying to figure out if we can get an ADA room with a Savannah view...near the lobby, with two queen beds. Everyone I've talked to at the hotel and at Disney's Special Needs department is giving me messages that contradict each other. I was told that the Deluxe rooms are on the lobby level, and I know from looking at the architect's plans that the Deluxe rooms are only on the top floor. See, this is what happens when you major in architecture. Oye...

Does anyone know for sure if these rooms exist, or if we should just book a non-ADA room and request location as first priority?

Thanks, and you can bet I'll be posting here more often.

ciao,

J.

What exactly do you need for accessibility? Does she need a roll in shower or does she need a room with a tub and the proper grab bars. Will she be able to walk around in the room or does she need to use the wheelchair in the room. Asking for and ADA compliant room really doesn't tell anything. You need to tell Special Needs specifically what she needs.
I can tell you that all accessible rooms are not equal and there are varying levels of accessibility.

My grandmother can walk a little, but she uses the wheelchair most of the time. She can take a shower in a regular tub, but is interested in a roll-in shower if the room is in a good location. We'll only be at AKL for three or four nights, and we're doing the other half of the stay at the GF.

thanks,

J.

Special needs usally knows alot more about handicapped rooms and where they are located and features then even the hotel. It is their job. So I would believe them over the front desk of any resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter