Adam and Katies 10/2/2010 SBP/Attic/?? ~ brainstorming!

Hey Katie!!

I was going to do a navy blue and yellow wedding. So I have a few pictures of the blue flowers. This one is from a DISBride's wedding (StitchBride I think...)

Wedding001-1.jpg

So you could get the flowers deep blue, or even darker. Mindy5648 had a "marine" colored wedding, so look for her PJ!

The dress that you like in marine is this one right?

dress-1.jpg

That was one of the ones I was considering when I started. :thumbsup2

Good luck with the job hunt! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

Morning MEG!!!

I saved those flowers in my "wedding" folder on my computer! :rotfl2: I have a whole file on my computer dedicated to weddin ideas i don't want to forget! Those are beautiful! I'll defiantly check out Mindy's PJ! :goodvibes

And yes that is the exact dress in the exact color that i fell in love with!:cloud9: I don't want my sisters to hate me for putting them in an ugly BM dress. So when i was looking i made sure it was a derss that i know i'd enjoy wearing. I can't wait to see them in it!

Thanks for the help meg!:hug:

i love the BM dress !! hahhaha its a good thing we dont know each other because thats so the color im looking at (along with serene and horizon) I had a BM dress from Davids last year, and although if you got water on it, it tended to stay that way for the night, it cleaned up beautifully at the cleaners and i actually had it altered into a cocktail dress (im not one for long dresses but it was so pretty and i liked the color) plus generally for the price you cant go wrong :laughing:..however i would caution, if they need alterations not to use their alterations department ( i have horror stories from friends)

and im doing a home wedding, hopefully when i can start planning we will find a nice venue (im hoping for something near water) and then doing a disneymoon...i wish i could do a dftw, but my family wouldnt be too happy( too many people to cut off the list) and since they are paying i suppose i should atleast try and make them happy a little bit

i love the BM dress !! hahhaha its a good thing we dont know each other because thats so the color im looking at (along with serene and horizon) I had a BM dress from Davids last year, and although if you got water on it, it tended to stay that way for the night, it cleaned up beautifully at the cleaners and i actually had it altered into a cocktail dress (im not one for long dresses but it was so pretty and i liked the color) plus generally for the price you cant go wrong :laughing:..however i would caution, if they need alterations not to use their alterations department ( i have horror stories from friends)

and im doing a home wedding, hopefully when i can start planning we will find a nice venue (im hoping for something near water) and then doing a disneymoon...i wish i could do a dftw, but my family wouldnt be too happy( too many people to cut off the list) and since they are paying i suppose i should atleast try and make them happy a little bit

I've heard those horror stories about Davids alteration department. My sister knows a little italian women who does alterations out of her house. She did all the high school girls prom dresses in my home town... shes amazing! I may be bringing my wedding gown to here. :thumbsup2 My sister will be a senior the year we are getting married so i hope she can get two uses out of the BM dress.

We couldn't do a DFTW because we are paying for it and because DFI's mother and grandparents don't fly. But i'm planning on throwing little disney touches into my wedding... DFI is all for it too! :cloud9:

Good Morning ladies...

So i've been having alot of anxiety lately.... between the lay offs, my family's issues, and worrying about certain people making a scene at my wedding. I just feel like as far as the wedding goes most normal people don't have to tip-toe around so many people that they're afraid of causing problems on their special day. Anyone else dealing with this?:confused3 I almost wish we'd just elope... i actually dialed the disney wedding line to ask about the escape wedding. :guilty: DFI's family doesn't fly so I felt bad and hung up the phone. (good girl) DFI got home from work and i just broke down. I feel bad putting that on him... its not his family thats a hot mess its mine and he doesn't have to put up with it, but he does. (best guy ever) He told me not to worry though and to think about things that make me happy. So after a good nights sleep with my awesome puppies sleeping right by me i'm starting to feel alittle bit better. :) I'm just not going to let anyone bother me anymore. Ive tried to make peace enough times where there is nothing more for me to do. So I just have to learn to let it go.

Anyway to make myself feel better last night I started looking at pictures of the BWV's which is where we'll be staying on our disneymoon. :banana::woohoo::yay::cool1: Here are some of my favorite pictures of the resort that i found online.

etc_boardwalk.jpg

BW_EST_998.jpg

3358178942_8c770a4ced.jpg

I can't wait to pull up to the hotel in the ME bus. :cloud9::love::lovestruc We've always wanted to stay there since the first time i took DFI in 2007. I'm pretty excited about this. Anyone ever stayed there have any advice on a room request or things we should check out while we're there? I really want to go to Jellyrolls. :thumbsup2

I know its alittle premature but i'm starting to think of places to make ADR's too!:lmao: Its one of my favorite things to plan!

Oh yea and does anyone know how the week after columbus day week is crowd wise? I've been for columbus day weekend back in 2001 and it was alittle crowded. I know the food and wine festival is going on and that i'll be more crowded on the weekends but how about during the week?

Alright well i'm off to do some house work:laundy: but i'll be checking in periodically!

Thanks girls:hug:

alrighty KatieBug, this is coming from your older, wiser, been around the block a few times "sis"---;)

The people who show up to your wedding because they love and care for you without any expectation of something in return--- are the people you want in your life.
The others who come, show their tails, then smile in secret- hoping your life turns out a little bit like the pathway they have chosen for themselves-- are the ones you can and shouldlive without.

You are creating a life for yourself with Adam-- with or without their help.

Your wedding day is about YOU- not your mom, your inlaws- your friends, your cousin's--- no one but YOU and Adam. That's the way it is.

Will things go wrong on your wedding day? Of course. They always do. It's a fact of life- b/c you cannot control every single, minute deatil that occurs that day.

But go into it with the full realization that at the end of the day-- whether your Mom comes and gets completely wasted drunk, falls down and foams at the mouth-- or shows her underwear to every person on the dance floor---
IT DOESN'T CONCERN YOU.

It's NOT a reflection of who you have become.

It's not about her. It's about you.

And as your car pulls out of the lot of the reception- and you look at Adam, take a moment and breathe... and thank God for the Man He brought into your life.

Because when it's all said and done--
you'll be married- and you will still be happy, no matter what.

:hug:

Don't stress yourself out. You're too young and worrying cannot change one thing about the situation.

Take it as it comes. And then be done with it.

Enjoy this time--- it doesn't last forever.

:hug::hug::hug:

Hope you're having a good weekend.

Jo

Jo,

:hug::worship::hug:

Between you and Adam I'm not going to have anymore anxiety over this! I also won't need to be institutionalized by the time the wedding comes either! :lmao:

You are absolutly right. Everything you said makes perfect sense. I've been dealing with my parents and their issues for far too long. I have myself and MY family to worry about now (I consider my dogs my children) and MY family is the most important thing in my life.

Thank you for all of your wisdom I'm glad i have a "big sis" to keep me grounded. :hug: You're the best!

On another note... I had a pretty good morning!

I cleaned and did laundry while DFI went out and did a side job :thumbsup2 After cleaning I finished a Lifetime Movie (guilty pleasure) and then decided i should go out and for some retail therapy. I thought i could use some new make-up since i threw alot of mine out after the move. *side note* all of our stuff went into storage after our apartment bulding caught fire and were went to live with family, my make up some how was packed away and when we moved into our new house and started going through things all (and i mean ALL) of my make up was melted from the hot storage unit...:headache:
So i headed over to CVS... they were having an awesome rimmel london sale... everything buy 1 get 1!!!:woohoo: I was psyched, i got new eye liner, new mascara, two new eye shadows, new hair products and only spent 20 bucks!! SCORE!!! :thumbsup2

P.S. My little sis Victoria is now a DIS member:banana::woohoo::yay: I finally got her on here!

Her DIS name is toriloco

Hey Tori!!!:hug::upsidedow

hey kate!! so excited to finally be on this site:banana:

I'm glad i converted you to the DIS! Now we can wedding plan even if you're not here with me... and i can actually show you what i mean instead of trying to describe it to you over the phone :thumbsup2

I hope you have as much fun as I do on the boards!

I promised some pictures of my new hair so I took a few self portraits

005-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

and then Duke and Toby got involved! :rotfl2:

002-2.jpg

001-2.jpg

I love it! One of the few times I was extremely happy with my hair... Anything is better than the last time... stupid forehead burn! :headache: I still have a scar from that! Crazy!

oh my god i love the hair!!!! i think i might cut my hair like that only without the highlights those pictures are cute and i just bought medurma i'll tell you how it works i'll give it to you.

oh my god i love the hair!!!! i think i might cut my hair like that only without the highlights those pictures are cute and i just bought medurma i'll tell you how it works i'll give it to you.

whats medurma?

cool! thanks!

alright ladies (and sister of mine) I'm off to go help with some home imporvements :rolleyes: and then its off to bed. I'll check in sometime tomorrow.

Have a good weekend! :thumbsup2

Good Evening ladies!

Quick update before i hit dreamland....

My aunt and sister came over today and I tried on my dress for them. They were trying to figure out how we'd bustle it and my aunt (with her hand up my dress) found a button!!! After finding the button she found the loop that the button belonged to and TA-DA!!! I was bustled! I was psyched! One less thing the seamstress will need to do.

Alright well thats all for now... hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Talk soon!

Aww, your doggies are too cute!!:dogdance:

Love your invites!

Thanks angela!

My puppies are my world i love them to pieces!

You must be getting psyched for your wedding! Its so close!

I'm glad you like the invites! I can't wait to get the sample in the mail! :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter