Add me to the list CC# taken **** w/ update p3

I had a non-Disney CC number stolen as well. :( I did do the t-shirt offer. From now on, I think I am going to use a pre-paid MC or Visa in order to do rewards programs.

since those charges are the kinds that are available on reward sites, I wonder if the person that stole the card number went through one of the reward sites to sign up (using your stolen card) and getting the reward $$ also.

That is exactly what I was thinking.

I've run the names and email addresses that people have sent me so far against my database and have not come up with any matches. If anyone gets any others, feel free to send them to me. We have about 4 different fraud check mechanisms on our server now, but something like this could still get through because we never actually see the credit card numbers.

Interestingly, I was sitting with a woman at my daughter's dance class last night and she was reading a book about checking your credit report. She said her bank had called her the other day with some unauthorized charges and she is freaking out now. The last place she used her card was a Target Starbucks. :confused3 It's like these people are everywhere!!!

I used my prepaid obopay mastercard to do the stamps.com offer and was charged $1. Has anyone else had experience with this prepaid card?

I've run the names and email addresses that people have sent me so far against my database and have not come up with any matches. If anyone gets any others, feel free to send them to me. We have about 4 different fraud check mechanisms on our server now, but something like this could still get through because we never actually see the credit card numbers.

Interestingly, I was sitting with a woman at my daughter's dance class last night and she was reading a book about checking your credit report. She said her bank had called her the other day with some unauthorized charges and she is freaking out now. The last place she used her card was a Target Starbucks. :confused3 It's like these people are everywhere!!!

I don't want you to think that I was implying it was your site they were using. :love: Even if it was your site, there is no way you could have known or stopped it.

I don't want you to think that I was implying it was your site they were using. :love: Even if it was your site, there is no way you could have known or stopped it.

I totally understand!! But it is really disturbing to me that this is happening to everyone. I know that there are a lot of rewards programs that are not careful and that are very shady. (There are also some that are VERY careful with their member information and the offers that they post). I hate to think that the entire industry could end up ruined because of something like this. But you know how it always goes. Bad people ruin good things for everyone else.

Does anyone remember the huge Orvis purchase I had last month. Turns out this month is WAS purchased with a fraudulent credit card. :(

sunshinegirl said:
Does anyone remember the huge Orvis purchase I had last month. Turns out this month is WAS purchased with a fraudulent credit card. :(

Well.......THAT isn't good!!! Did you lose money on that?

Have you thought about having some kind of a rule that states that any shopping over a certain amount must be pre-approved, or have a delay getting rewards or something to protect yourself? Maybe the purchaser should be registered for say 6 months before they can make a large purchase?? Just throwing things out here. :idea:

I'm sorry eveyone is having all these issues. Hope it all gets resolved.

pricestore (bargain network)
eauction success ebayprofits made easy
passport to fun+ (plus savingsmart)

These three were ones that I did and Miss Sharkbait did also when our CC# was stolen, about the same time frame. Anyone else do these and then have your # stolen?

Thanks!

Me, too. I'm beginning to believe that no site is really secure. Like I said earlier, I only use my work computer to make purchases (on my lunch hour of course) and I can't imagine a computer system more secure. I gave Disney Visa the email address of the person that registered me for these programs -- I sure hope they nail someone.

Sunshinegirl -- I don't have that email address with me -- it's at home -- I'll pm it to you when I get home ==

pricestore (bargain network)
eauction success ebayprofits made easy
passport to fun+ (plus savingsmart)

These three were ones that I did and Miss Sharkbait did also when our CC# was stolen, about the same time frame. Anyone else do these and then have your # stolen?

Thanks!

I did one of those in early March, but the fraudulent charge showed up in April so I don't think that was it for me. My charge was for a perfume company that was reversed the following day. I tried calling the company's 1-800 #, but never spoke to anyone... Just kept getting a recording.:confused3 Very frustrating. :(

yup! perfume company was one of them and the charges were reversed. The other charge was laptops for less--both charges in april

I did one of those in early March, but the fraudulent charge showed up in April so I don't think that was it for me. My charge was for a perfume company that was reversed the following day. I tried calling the company's 1-800 #, but never spoke to anyone... Just kept getting a recording.:confused3 Very frustrating. :(

DH was just telling me about something he saw on tv that was talking about stolen credit card numbers being sold on the internet to other people. If this is going on, charges on the stolen numbers may not happen immediately. The original thief could steal your number in one month but not sell it until next month or even a few months later.

If this is what happened to all of you, it is very possible that your number was actually stolen a few months ago.

You know, I wonder if there is a way for someone to contact the offers that there credit card was used for to find out what rewards program the person went through. I remember a few years back I shopped through program "A" but had another programs "B" cookie in my computer and therefore I didn't get credit for shopping thru "A". The "A" program's webmaster contacted the company and they told him who DID get credit for my shopping. I would think that the webmaster of the person using a stolen credit card would want to be notified.

DH was just telling me about something he saw on tv that was talking about stolen credit card numbers being sold on the internet to other people. If this is going on, charges on the stolen numbers may not happen immediately. The original thief could steal your number in one month but not sell it until next month or even a few months later.

If this is what happened to all of you, it is very possible that your number was actually stolen a few months ago.

Wow!:eek: I never even thought of that!:sad2: This has been a very frustrating experience for me because I can't understand how they got my credit card number in the first place.:confused3 I run Ad Aware several times a day and I think my anti-virus program has a spyware remover as well. I've only used this card (that is now closed) for shopping through rewards programs (Disney, Shoebuy, Avon) and for offers and trials through the rewards programs. The card has never even left this house.:confused3

Well -- I rec'd 2 more boxes this week from scholastic. I immediately called them -- the woman I talked to at scholastic told me this was common -- the person that stole my CC# ever so nicely signed me up for 2 big programs from scholastic. She also gave me the same email address that this idiot used with the other memberships.

The woman at scholastic said it was common for them to use CC# fraudulently to get credits on rewards sites. She also said that people will get all of your information from the surveys if you complete them over the net.

Well, I immediately contacted Disney Visa again to give them an update -- they assured me that they would use this information and go after this person. This really makes me mad.

DH has banned me from doing any more surveys or offers. He caught a spybot worm and a trojan downloader after I did a survey :sad2: Guess I'll just have to earn my WDW mad money another way. :sad2: This really sucks!

DH has banned me from doing any more surveys or offers. He caught a spybot worm and a trojan downloader after I did a survey :sad2:

This does suck!
I have a question how do I check for these things on my own computer? I am not very smart when it comes to computers and I want to be safe myself!!

This does suck!
I have a question how do I check for these things on my own computer? I am not very smart when it comes to computers and I want to be safe myself!!

Our virus protection caught it. As for my CC# -- that one is tricky -- I did not use my home computer -- the computer I used is very very secure. :confused3

DH has banned me from doing any more surveys or offers. He caught a spybot worm and a trojan downloader after I did a survey :sad2: Guess I'll just have to earn my WDW mad money another way. :sad2: This really sucks!

Oh no!! Do you know what survey you did? I try to be so careful not to route anyone anywhere that has a download, but sometimes they change the offers after we post them.

I'm glad that Visa is going after the jerks who stole your card number. I wonder if Scholastic might be able to tell you who got the credit for the signups (as in which CPA network)? If they could tell you that, the CPA network should be able to track it back to the specific rewards program and the rewards program could track the person down by where they cash out and we could all IP ban the person.

Oh no!! Do you know what survey you did? I try to be so careful not to route anyone anywhere that has a download, but sometimes they change the offers after we post them.

I'm glad that Visa is going after the jerks who stole your card number. I wonder if Scholastic might be able to tell you who got the credit for the signups (as in which CPA network)? If they could tell you that, the CPA network should be able to track it back to the specific rewards program and the rewards program could track the person down by where they cash out and we could all IP ban the person.

WHile banning that persons IP may work, it may not, you can't ban an AOL IP, or you will ban all of AOL. And ban me, I will call my ISP and get an neww one. Cheaters are sly.

I really can't remember -- I just remember him getting mad at me. That really bites for me - I've become addicted to the surveys :sad1: I'll have to call Scholastic back and ask. Like I said, the rep at scholastic said this was a common occurrence -- she also said to expect a coffee signup. At least everyone was cooperative in getting this taken care of and I'm really happy that Visa is going to go after this person -- I really hope they can catch him or her.

I really can't remember -- I just remember him getting mad at me. That really bites for me - I've become addicted to the surveys :sad1: I'll have to call Scholastic back and ask. Like I said, the rep at scholastic said this was a common occurrence -- she also said to expect a coffee signup. At least everyone was cooperative in getting this taken care of and I'm really happy that Visa is going to go after this person -- I really hope they can catch him or her.

I'm sorry this is happening to you and to so many others. :( My DH and I were discussing whether I should continue trying the rewards programs last night and we haven't come to a decision yet. I may just stick to one or two of them and use a prepaid Mastercard or gift card. I am completely baffled as to how someone got our credit card number.:confused3

Which rewards programs did you do? Did you e-mail the owners of the rewards sites the e-mail address? Every time I try to call the company that allowed the charges on my CC to get further information, I get a voicemail message that "all representatives are busy right now and please leave a message". I am very leery of leaving any type of information on their voicemail since they received my information fraudulently in the first place.:mad:

I hope everything works out for you.:goodvibes Maybe you can do surveys with Survey Spot or Pinecone from now on. I've used them for years and had no problems whatsoever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter