Add person to room.

helmutzemo

Earning My Ears
Hello.

It's my first time visiting Disneyworld.

I'm going to travel with my wife next summer, we already have a room-only package reserved. (all star music resort).

My sister is thinking of coming with us. The travel agency tell us that to add my sister to the reservation we have to cancel our reservation and make a new one, losing all promotional benefits.

We don't know yet if she is coming with us and we want to know if it would be possible to add her to the room upon our arrival or if it is possible to talk to the hotel to add her as a guest, we only want to keep our reservation with the promotions.

Is this a package deal, with room and tickets and possibly dining?

If so, then that is probably why you can’t add another person to the oom only.

Is a package deal room plus tickets, not dining plans.
In the MDE says this: Disney Resort Hotel Package Room Only
Room Type: Disney's All Star Music Resort-Standard Room

Don't worry, there is no reason to cancel anything. Whether you have a room only reservation or a package with tickets makes no difference. If your sister decides to join you buy her tickets separately and link them to your MDE account. Upon arrival at Music go to the front desk to check in and inform them that you will have a third person staying with you (the limit is four plus a child under 3 years of age). If she is over 18 be prepared to pay an extra adult fee of $15 per night. I have read that sometimes people are not charged the extra fee when registering someone at the last minute but that is not a sure thing. Enjoy your vacation.

Don't worry, there is no reason to cancel anything. Whether you have a room only reservation or a package with tickets makes no difference. If your sister decides to join you buy her tickets separately and link them to your MDE account. Upon arrival at Music go to the front desk to check in and inform them that you will have a third person staying with you (the limit is four plus a child under 3 years of age). If she is over 18 be prepared to pay an extra adult fee of $15 per night. I have read that sometimes people are not charged the extra fee when registering someone at the last minute but that is not a sure thing. Enjoy your vacation.
Thank you so much. This is what I thought but I was afraid of arriving at the hotel and finding problems.

For some reason Disney pushes the room-only packages. Recently I added a request to a room-only reservation and the CM was really trying to sell me the package, even though I had deposited my room months ago. She kept saying it was better and I pointed out why I didn't want it. The OP found out the limitations of booking a room this way. I don't think the extras are worth it but as always ymmv.

Will your sister need the same amount of ticket days that you have on your package? If so, simply add her now - the price increase will simply be the price of your tickets plus the extra adult charge. If, for some reason, she doesn't need as many ticket days as you have, do as PPs said - purchase her tix separately and add her at check in.

If I'm reading the post correctly, the OP states that it's a room-only package. I don't see how adding an extra person would necessitate changing the reservation. The only change would be the extra-adult charge.

Thank you so much. This is what I thought but I was afraid of arriving at the hotel and finding problems.
There are no problems so long as you wait until you arrive at the hotel and are completely checked in. The problem only occurs if you try to add someone to a package before physical check in, as they have to purchase the package also. We have added a person after check in many times and never had any problems doing so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter