ADR booking tomorrow - CRT or BOG - Which to try for first?

keepswimming76

Mouseketeer
My ADR booking window for 12/2 starts in seven hours! :woohoo:

We will be at MK Sunday 12/3 (my birthday) and my main goal is to book CRT for dinner. I'm bringing my parents and my mom has always dreamed of dinner in the castle. The park closes at 6 p.m. that night for MVMCP (which will will attend 12/5). I'm going to try to grab as late a reservation there as possible so it is closer to dinner time.

We would also like to book at pre-park open ADR at BOG for breakfast.

Which do you think I should search for first? Thanks for any suggestions.

Are you looking at the same day for both? Do you have any back up days for either, just in case the 3rd doesn't work out?

Given how it is so early in your trip, you might have trouble finding them. Also on a MVMCP night things are going to very difficult to find. I booked a BOG dinner that night almost a week ago and I had to do it at the end of my trip to find anything. I'd try CRT if that's your main priority, but if you do have a back up day that's later in your trip, I'd try that first to be honest.

My ADR booking window for 12/2 starts in seven hours! :woohoo:

We will be at MK Sunday 12/3 (my birthday) and my main goal is to book CRT for dinner. I'm bringing my parents and my mom has always dreamed of dinner in the castle. The park closes at 6 p.m. that night for MVMCP (which will will attend 12/5). I'm going to try to grab as late a reservation there as possible so it is closer to dinner time.

We would also like to book at pre-park open ADR at BOG for breakfast.

Which do you think I should search for first? Thanks for any suggestions.
Definitely go for CRT first! I think it is the harder ADR of the two and its for your actual birthday. A BoG breakfast is much easier than dinner. If you really had to, you could even break up your PPO BoG groups into smaller parties since its QS and you seat yourself. For example, if you had 5 people, you could book a 3 and 2 or 4 and 1 ADR. As long as they are around the same time, you would all be fine.

I appreciate the tips. I've had zero luck this morning. First time this has ever happened when trying to book CRT or BOG at 6 a.m. I've tried splitting our party and nothing...
I will be calling very shortly but am doubtful anything will be available. This is very disappointing. I suppose I'll be stalking reservations for the next six months.

Now I have a nice long gripe for anyone who is interested...

I just spoke with the most uninformed cast member I’ve ever encountered at WDW.

I got in right at 7 a.m. to try to get a CRT reservation and was patiently on the phone for 18 minutes before finally asking for supervisor assistance. The cast member never asked if I was staying on property and only took my last name and phone number. She continued to tell me that I could not book because it was not 180 days out. I explained to her that we were staying on property and had a reservation at Old Key West and should be able to book from 12/2-12/6. I even pointed out that I had already grabbed a couple of reservations for that day just to ensure we had some kind of option. She kept telling me the system would not allow it and that I could only book on 12/2. Finally around 7:15 she asked me for my resort reservation number. Once I gave it to her she saw that yes, I can book on 12/3. At that point, after telling her again that we are looking for something at either Cinderella’s Royal Table or Be Our Guest, she first offered me an option at Olivia’s, which is at our resort. I told her again what we were looking for and she offered me Chef’s de France, which I kindly pointed out was at EPCOT. She finally did the search I requested and as expected there was zero availability the entire day of 12/3. At that point it was about 7:18 and I asked if I could speak to someone else.

I was promptly transferred and someone picked up immediately. This customer service cast member was much helpful and in the end I was able to get a 9:05 reservation at Cinderella’s Royal Table. While I’m somewhat glad we have the booking, it’s really, really disappointing because it’s the first hour the park opens. We always arrive at rope drop so we can take advantage of that hour and typically can get on several rides before it gets crowded. Now we have to decide if we are going to keep the reservation and waste the valuable time in the park. And I have to wonder that if I had an INFORMED cast member who took my call initially if we would have been able to grab a better time – something later in the day. As a seasoned WDW visitor I know how imperative it is to be online at 6 a.m. or on the phone at 7 a.m. 180 days out. I've booked CRT twice before with a pre-park open ADR, the first time for 8 people and the second for 4. I was able to get both right at 6 a.m. online. This situation is just insane that availability is nil 180 days +10. This time I just wanted anything, and even tried for the other days of our trip. Again - guess I'll continue stalking to try to modify.

I just send a complaint email, not sure if it will get me anywhere.

So sorry to hear about your morning! I know it is not much consolation, but there is still a lot of time and people may drop a bunch of ADRs between now and December. Don't give up hope! The CRT ADRs may also change once they release the ADRs during the party.

On party days there is ultimately less reservations available to day time guests. The booking window is probably about 4 hours shorter so that's a lot more people fighting over the same reservations. I really don't think either of these restaurants are worth stressing over. But I wouldn't worry, just look out for cancellations.

Sorry for the disappointment I would definitely say keep watching (as I know you know) - when I searched earlier today there were a bunch of breakfast options for CRT and BOG for the 4th and 5th, and now I don't see them. So they do open up. For sure sign up for the touring plans reservation finder - it has helped people get great reservations!

Sorry to hear about your disappointing experiences this morning! SO frustrating!!!

Also, you might want to keep on eye on checking the cancelled dining posts here on the Dis. I have had luck coordinating with people for a cancelled ADR for coveted times!

Good luck!

Thanks for the support everyone. I just signed up for the reservation finder. Hopefully in six months time something with pop up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter