ADRs- selling?

Jiko is currently closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. Maybe that's why there's no availability when you are looking?
I thought about that but I was going for 2 full weeks. I had the jump on soooo many people for thanksgiving week including thanksgiving day. I have eaten there for thanksgiving twice. no issues. I mentioned it to a manager I know for one of the other signatures and he thought it was also weird. he said historically never an issue. he said maybe they had more difficulty with staffing for that week and limited numbers. we stayed at AKL at nights if we were around I would walk buy grabbing a drink from quick serve while getting ready ourselves for dinner and it always looked busy. right now that seems like the only sign with closed days. flying fish is back up to 7 days even now. he went on to tell me Disney is in real need of cooks right now. he said its in real demand.

We've never had problems getting 99% of the ADRs we wanted, (but I DID used to always book at 180+10)
This time, we are staying off site, but wanted a Whispering Canyon on Christmas Eve. It had never been a super popular, book in advance or don't go type place, so I was shocked not to be able to get ANYTHING, ANYTIME on that day at 60 days out.
I was sad for a bit, then I got a Trails End and sucked it up. BUT a lovely DISer let me know that a load of extra reservations had been released just this week, so, I got *exactly* the ADR I had originally wanted.
The system did not let me hold the Trails End one at the same time, and I dropped it before confirming the WL. I really disagree with hoarding (and I guess you have to coordinate as a family to even be able to do so), but there definitely seems to be a Disney reservation hold and release thing going on too.

I’m of the opinion that it’s less hoarding, and more that Disney isn’t releasing as many reservations at 60+ as they could. I dont think they are releasing all the times they could and add them later. Whether it is glitches or an attempt to push people to other restaurants, there’s definitely something up this year. I had my pick of times at BOG but I can’t find Biergarten other than 3:35pm? More than 60 days out? It doesn’t make any sense.
This is my opinion.

The other day, my alert service went nuts with 14 different available times for WCC on 12/24. There is no way that 14 people cancelled in the same 5 minutes between alert checks. They had to have released new availability less than 30 days out.

This is my opinion.

The other day, my alert service went nuts with 14 different available times for WCC on 12/24. There is no way that 14 people cancelled in the same 5 minutes between alert checks. They had to have released new availability
Yeah, this was the day I wanted, and there were none, and then there was basically anything I wanted!

Topolino's dinner is an easy book night of or 2-3 days in advance. They hold reservations until right before. I have mouse dining and we're here now and I got a Topolino's reservation for dinner for 5:40pm on the 7th.

I mean it is technically possible to sell an ADR, you would have to make it under your own name, then make the new ADR right after cancelling the one you have under the new persons name….

Not a guarentee, but possible….

Is that why it’s hard to get reservations at hotels? I kind of think it’s partially BS because the perk of staying on property is the 60+ days. If they hold back an insane amount where people can’t get reservations even at 60+9, that’s a problem. It seems like more and more perks are being taken away for staying on property.
Disney will always cater to the guests staying on property and when the resorts are busier than ever, they'll get even more blatant in their bias. Hotels are busy because Disney is historically busy - covid cancellation backlog, 50th anniversary, etc. and has no correlation to the rumored ADR-throttling for guests. Personally, I would support the initiative. Seems ridiculous to pay a premium for accommodations and literally not be able to eat where you're staying because of outside guests.

I haven't seen an issue of guests not getting the ADRs they wanted 60+ days out, but maybe that's just me.
The reality is guest attendance is at record highs, with the same or less amount of dining as prior years, and people hoard reservations.

I have been making ADRs for over a decade, They are definitely doing something with them.

Seems like they are not releasing all of the at the 60+10 mark, perhaps letting more out each week?

That or more likely, they are over booking , and understaffing.

So this is what happened today. I tried booking Space 220 Lounge for our Jan trip when our booking window opened. No dice. I had alerts set up with Mouse Dining. I've had several alerts come through but was never able to snag the reservation. This afternoon I got one and again was unsuccessful. But then aprox 30 minutes later I received another alert for the exact same time (7:35). Couldn't get it. Both of these occurred within a minute or two of the half hour. So I watched the clock and when the next half hour got close, I refreshed, refreshed and low and behold a 7:35 popped up. However when I clicked on it, I got the screen saying it was already gone. Grrrr. Waited 30 minutes and refreshed, refreshed. This time nothing popped up, but I did get an alert from Mouse Dining that one was available (again at 7:35). Then it stopped. Nothing after that. It almost had to be some group coordinating drops. Someone booked multiple 7:35 reservations and then coordinated the dropping / booking.

It's beyond frustrating. This really isn't how this is supposed to work. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned that Disney should stop making the reservations available immediately after they are cancelled. I think that's a great idea. I'd understand if it was a day or two before the date of the reservation making it available right away, but this was over a month out. There is no need for Disney to make them immediately available. If they randomly opened them up over say a 24 hour period after the cancellation that would stop the Facebook groups (or whoever) in their tracks. Wouldn't help with the bots though. But at least it would help.

A bunch of Ohana dinners were just released from where I searched on 12/24 and everyday through the following week. I'm starting to believe they are releasing at later dates not just guests hoarding. Interestingly, Ohana shows up at the top of my search for "dinner" each night and not in alphabetical order like I usually see in the search results.

On another note, I'm done with the ADR alerts. I was able to pick up Homecomin, Teppan Edo, Ohana, Monsieur Paul all during the week of Christmas Eve and on and I never received the alert. I also saw a bunch of Victoria & Albert ADRs for Tuesday and Wednesday of that week. I've been manually searching periodically over the last few days in the afternoon and early evenings EST.

Last edited:
A bunch of Ohana dinners were just released from where I searched on 12/24 and everyday through the following week. I'm starting to believe they are releasing at later dates not just guests hoarding. Interestingly, Ohana shows up at the top of my search for "dinner" each night and not in alphabetical order like I usually see in the search results.

On another note, I'm done with the ADR alerts. I was able to pick up Homecomin, Teppan Edo, Ohana, Monsieur Paul all during the week of Christmas Eve and on and I never received the alert. I also saw a bunch of Victoria & Albert ADRs for Tuesday and Wednesday of that week. I've been manually searching periodically over the last few days in the afternoon and early evenings EST.
I actually got a mouse dining alert about Ohana. They sure did open alot of reservations. We got a 5 top for 2/4/23 and 2 top for 2/9/23 at prime times. They are going fast though

I think Disney is trying to cater to people who don’t plan in advance. Genie+, how you have to book ILLs, and dropping later dining reservations all support this. The question is - why? I realize everyone has a different vacation style and maybe I’m in the minority but I find the changes just really stressful. I used to like going to WDW because as a mom it was an easy trip for me. Once we got there I could kind of turn off my brain, turn off my phone, and just enjoy being with my family. It’s not like that anymore. Now you never get out of planning mode! Genie+ and ILL are daily and hourly decisions, which trickle down to dining. We were supposed to do a mini trip bookending our Disney cruise this winter and I told my husband I don’t want to. I’m staying away until they stop the last minute nonsense. I have too much to think about on a daily basis between the house, kids, and my job to add surge pricing, last minute ADR drops, and unpredictable ride times to my list. I wish Disney would consider the stress they’re adding to the process when making these decisions. I love WDW but after our trip in April I just felt burnt out.

Thank you! I’m very curious

Took me forever to remember which thread I was supposed to report back on. Now we're a medium sized party (6), but I was able to find an early breakfast at Topolino's on 60+4, a midday time on 60+ 5 and dinner on 60+6. I had the midday slot booked first but decided to switch to the early breakfast the day before.

Took me forever to remember which thread I was supposed to report back on. Now we're a medium sized party (6), but I was able to find an early breakfast at Topolino's on 60+4, a midday time on 60+ 5 and dinner on 60+6. I had the midday slot booked first but decided to switch to the early breakfast the day before.
Glad you got it! We got it for 7 too. I was surprised

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter