Adventures by Disney?

Hi Kevin,

Just curious ... one of our Hawaii ABD guides was named Tina. She was finishing up working with the Hawaii tour, and had just been reassigned to an Italy itinerary. Was she one of your guides?

She was terrific and when we left Hawaii we told her, "see you in Italy". We'd love to book an Italy ABD, and thought it would be ironic if Tina were still one of the guides when we get there!

All tips were included with our Adventure except the gratuity for our Adventure guides. Disney suggests between $50 and $65 per person per guide.

This is just a suggestion, but I have to say that the guides made everything very, easy and I felt they certainly deserved that level of appreciation.

I believe there are a number of guides for each adventure and that the rotate out to have some time off. They would literally work back to back to back trips and these are busy, high energy adventures.

If I can help you book your adventure, please let me know. You can reach me at ABD@wdwinfo.com.

Kevin

welovedis said:
Wondering for those who have gone:
1.what was the tour group size, about how many families/couples/singles--was it pretty evenly split so that no "one" group felt left out? We've been on other tours where there were mostly couples of singles traveling in groups, just wondering what the mix was?

2. How did the kids on the group do with the other kids? No one trying to get to be the guides fave or anything? We haven't experienced this but have heard other families talk about this issue (not on ABD tours) and they didn't care for it. Obviously it would depend on the families/kids involved but just curious if you saw how the guides interacted with the kids?

I traveled as a single on the London/Paris trip this May. By the end of the tour, two different people had told me that when they saw me the first evening they thought "I want to be friends with her, she's so brave coming here all alone!" I never once felt out of place or separate from the group at all. Literally, the first night, everyone gelled and turned into one big family group. We all looked out for each other and got along wonderfully. On free nights, many of us went out for a meal together and had a great time! During a free afternoon in Paris, I went off on the Metro and hit the maritime museum on my own, then met up with two girls from the trip at the Arc du Triomphe (did I spell that right?) and we walked the Champs Elysee together. I always felt included and no one ever split off on their own, as though they didn't want to be with the rest of us. Whether you're a family, a couple or a single, you'll feel secure and included on these trips! :thumbsup2

Hey Magix... Do you think I would have time to do a half day at DLP on one of the free afternoons .. or am I dreaming? I was also wondering if anyone went to Moulon Rouge for a show?

My lovely 42 yr old daughter actually made ressies (thru the concierge at the hotel) for Moulin Rouge but me (age 67 grandma) did NOT think that was appropriate for a 9 year old (generation gap) so I cancelled the darn thing!
DLP on Pm would be a stretch. The train ride is about 40 min. plus time in the park. I guess it is doable, but how enjoyable? I don't know - up to you.

MJGirl - I'd recommend adding a couple days to your trip to do DLRP. There was one person on our trip who wanted to try what you're talking about, but realized it couldn't be done. A 1/2 day is not enough to get there and do anything. I added 2 days onto the trip, headed to DLRP on Friday morning (along with 5 other people from the tour) and flew home Sunday morning. So, I had enough time to cover both parks. Lots of fun! I recommend doing it - it's worth the extra expense.

Hey MJGirl - FYI on my first trip to Paris several years ago, I was staying in Paris and wanted to go to DLP, so I took the train out there at about 11AM and stayed until 10PM!!! Yes, I saw the park, but I was POOPED!!!
Magix is right - extend your stay - at least then you will enjoy it! Oh - also, I liked the park so much I checked out of my Paris hotel the next morning and went to DLP for the night!!!!

Thanks for the advice. I'm seriously considering doing two nights after the cruise. It depends on the type of post cruise trip Disney offers. I could do it on my own if I need to! Which hotel do you recommend! I'ld love to stay at the New York one, but I think my budget is more the Sequoia Lodge or Newport Bay Lodge... Any suggestions. Do the value resorts have air conditioning??

I thought Newport Bay looked like the best choice. Sequoia Lodge looked nice, but not quite as nice as NB. I stayed at the Santa Fe (hey, it was cheap), which did not have air conditioning, but it was cool anyway, so the ceiling fan did the trick nicely.

Magix said:
I thought Newport Bay looked like the best choice. Sequoia Lodge looked nice, but not quite as nice as NB. I stayed at the Santa Fe (hey, it was cheap), which did not have air conditioning, but it was cool anyway, so the ceiling fan did the trick nicely.

I looked into the Santa Fe, but thought that as I will be going July 18 - 20, air conditioning would be a must. Am I wrong? I heard the last few summers have been quite hot in Paris at that time of year?

I'd play it safe and go with a place that has air conditioning. I was there in late May and it rained every evening. Besides, the Santa Fe was pretty bare-bones. It served the purpose for me, but next time I'd go for something nicer (like Newport Bay). I do seem to recall hearing of some hot summers in Paris, so you'd be wise to plan for that. If you end up not needing the A/C, at least you'll still have a nicer room.

If anyone has done the Wyoming trip I would love first hand info. I am thinking of August 2007, but it might end up sometime in the summer 2008 since I already have 2 trips planned for 07. The ranch trip would only be myself and DD's 13 and 21, since DH does not want to ride horses.

Thanks,
Denise

I have friends that have gotten their hands onj the itineraries that disAdvent take people...they folow the same, stay in the sam hotel,e tc...and for way less than half the dis priced...DisMagic is one thing, but a rip is a rip they say....

We tried that--following the itinerary ABD put together, for a trip in the US. We even came across the ABD bus and I talked to the guides. It was in fact cheaper, no question about it. But I was the driver on this family road trip, and it was exhausting--and a lot of work to book hotels, figure out where to eat, locate things...

I say, if you want to do it on your own, more power to you! But frankly I really like leaving all of the details (and there are many, many details) to the guides and just relax. (When I saw the bus with the ABD sign--and then the guides doing all of the detailing--and the guests all in the pool, and talking about their day and looking forward to the evening events...I was ready to join them then and there!)

I have friends that have gotten their hands onj the itineraries that disAdvent take people...they folow the same, stay in the sam hotel,e tc...and for way less than half the dis priced...DisMagic is one thing, but a rip is a rip they say....

Definitely wouldn't be the same experience. Besides the VIP access to some attractions and activities, you just can't reproduce on your own the stress-free experience that ABD give you. The itineraries and hotels are listed on the ABD website, so there's no trick to getting your hands on them, if you want to try it on your own.

Anyone can get "their hands on" the itineraries they are posted on the ABD website but you can't do the same trip, you can do a trip seeing the same sights but you will have to stand in line a very long line at the Vatican as well as many other tourist attractions. You won't be able to totally relax and enjoy yourself as you have to take care of all the details, with ABD you just have to know the time and place and show up. It does cost a lot but it isn't a rip, you are given the costs up front, and weather or not you choose to pay for the stress free convience is up to you.

I do have to wonder why you chose to search for a thread that is 4 years old.

I just did Backstage Magic trip and try and do that on your own. The only thing you could do is book your hotels and eat at some of the places, not all of them either. I think you could get into the El Capitan and watch a movie. The rest is off limits to the public.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to BrettAz. He has some other posts on the Disboard and doesn't have much to offer. He is just apparently trying to stir up some trouble and probably won't ever be back to the board again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter