• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Advice on best route to rent my points? Davids? This forum rental section?

Kim Gillihan

Kluvdisney
I have never rented my points but we are needing to cancel our spring break plans... just looking for general advice.. best place to advertise, how to collect payment etc. thank you, KIM

Have nothing but superlatives for working with David's--have rented with them four times over the past two years.

We've been points up for rent via David's two times. Easy to do. Great communication. Good experiences.
There are places to rent for more money but since Covid, we have rented a couple of times with David's and the process is quite simple and quick. Just recently 4 days ago.

I have never rented my points but we are needing to cancel our spring break plans... just looking for general advice.. best place to advertise, how to collect payment etc. thank you, KIM
I've rented thru David's and DVC Rental Store in the past but recently switched to doing it myself. I didn't care for the new terms (post-COVID lockdown) in David's rental agreement and really dislike giving so much of the rental cost over to a broker.

I can set my own term regarding refunds and rescheduling vacations. And I can set a lower price per point than the brokers and still walk away with more in my pocket than if I had used them. I really like being able to communicate directly with my renters. I've met some wonderful people thru the boards as a result of renting privately. But it does take work. You get a lot of tire kickers and people generally need to have DVC's restrictions on points explained to them. And then there's the issue of trust on both sides.

My advice for someone renting their points for the first time is to use a broker (DVC Rental Store) just to get a feel for the process. Once you're comfortable with how it works, move on to doing it yourself.

I’ve used Davids in the past and was very pleased. After the pandemic fiasco I didn’t like their new terms and have been renting myself via a Facebook group. I don’t get any more money and it is a bit more work but feel like I have more control (this may be more of a feeling than reality).

using a broker is definitely easiest.

David's is easier, but you'll get more $$ per point on Facebook if you don't mind doing a little more legwork. Just do a search for the DVC rental groups on there. Some people just post how many points they have, while others make a reservation and then rent out the confirmed reservation. Good luck whichever way you choose!

I've only rented directly. The rental forum here is good and there are several facebook groups too. After David's initial response when the resort shut down I just could never work with them.

Reactions: cm8
You can also rent your reservation as a dedicated reservation thru David’s. You don’t have to cancel it!

I would rent them directly on this board. It's quite easy as long as you're responsive and proactive. I'm a total newbie owner and was able to rent/transfer 600 points to 4 different people with ease. I used a contract template that was shared somewhere in this board and that's pretty much it.

I would rent them directly on this board. It's quite easy as long as you're responsive and proactive. I'm a total newbie owner and was able to rent/transfer 600 points to 4 different people with ease. I used a contract template that was shared somewhere in this board and that's pretty much it.
I tried! I listed and then was told they removed it.. I cant remember all of why.. I have been on this board since 2016 and have posted many posts but not lately... anyway, I ended up joining some facebook groups as a suggestion from this post and within 24hrs I found the perfect person that need my exact reservation! We are both so happy!! Thank you so much!

All, thank you for all advice, I joined several dvc rental trade groups and within 24 hours I found the perfect person that needed my exact reservation location etc.

I've only rented directly. The rental forum here is good and there are several facebook groups too. After David's initial response when the resort shut down I just could never work with them.
Me either, and I only used them twice, the second time was a reservation in mid march 2020 WDW was still open and the renter's just didn't show up. David wanted me to refund the funds that I was payed without any regard as to whether I had my points refunded by DVC.I only rent here if /when we need to.

Last edited:
I've rented my points on the disboards.
For my other TSs, I've rented on FB and TUG2

I've rented through David's and through this forum. I will always rent here from now on. It was only a teeny-tiny little bit more work and saved me $4/point.

We always rent out our points on disboards, it's quick and easy,and there's lots if advice for first time renters on the DVC rent/trade forum.
Check it out yourself first before you decide to look elsewhere.
Good luck.😀👍

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter