Advice please BCV or BWV

SpectroMan71

Mouseketeer
So I'm a new DVC member and so far have stayed at SSR in a 1 bdrm (AWESOME), OKW in a studio (very good) and BCV in a studio (decor yuck and starting to get outdated but great location).

For the next trip I'm doing a 2 bedroom to share with another couple and they've never been to WDW. I told them how great Stormalong Bay is but would otherwise like to try a new hotel. My question is, will Boardwalk rooms appear just as "meh" to me as BCV did? I've read that the 2 bedroom at BWV is bigger - is it noticably bigger and worth switching for? The idea of that clown themed pool is not exciting either, but having a possible view of the Boardwalk is.

Mostly looking for opinions on the difference between the rooms themselves and pools. Dining options don't matter; we can walk anywhere.

Also, I'm a bit confused on the difference between a lock-off 2 bedroom and a regular one...does it matter which one you book? Will it influence your view? All I care about is having a king in the master bedroom at at least 1 queen, if not 2 queens, in the other one.

Thanks in advance.

Try to book BWV, boardwalk view, which is a category. Nothing like personal experience to decide which resort to call home.

At all DVC resorts, a lock-off is a connecting 1 bedroom and a studio, that is booked as a 2 bedroom, it will have 2 front doors and separate AC controls.

A dedicated 2 bedroom is just that, 1 front door and 1 AC control.

:earsboy: Bill

The decor at both is very similar so consider that even. Also the room sizes are similar. I haven't actually taken a tape measure to them but I think there's some erroneous sq footages out for BWV.

Personally I like the Clown slide far more than the slide at BCV but the pools are not similar. We do quite like the quiet pool at BWV and the fact that it has the Community Hall next to it.

BWV only has 2BR lockoffs which will be a 1BR with king in the bedroom and queen sleeper sofa in the living room which connects to a studio with a queen and a full size sleeper sofa. The connecting door at BWV is in the 1BR living room to the studio sleeping area. BCV has 2BR lockoffs and two different configurations for Dedicated 2BR's. The lockoffs at BCV are the same as BWV although the one time we stayed in one the connecting door was just inside the hallway doors so it connected the 1BR entry foyer to the studio entry foyer. The Dedicated 2BR's will have either 2 queen beds or else a queen bed and a queen sleeper sofa. The dedicated 2BR's have a single entry to the hallway and won't have the kitchenette in the second bedroom like a lockoff that is a studio with the kitchenette.

Either resort will impress your guests. When we travel with adults, we prefer BWV which has a more adult vibe and as you said, great views. Though we actually try to secure the "standard" view (the cheaper rooms) to save points. The clown pool has the kids so we opt for the quiet pool at the BWV where you can have your cocktails close by, bring your own pool floats, grill, hot tub, activity room, etc. The Beach Club is lovely but we'll save those points for when little kids join us. Storm a long bay is a great spot for kids...and it's got plenty of them. Ya know what I mean?

IMHO your decision is largely based on how much you like Stormalong Bay. The rooms are very similar. BCV does not have very good views and BWV has lots of rooms with great views. Even many of the bargain standard view rooms at BWV have nice views. But if you want Stormalong Bay, then your decision for BCV is easy. I will say that we have owned at BWV for 15 years, 50+ trips, and bring family/friends on most trips. When we give guests the option of which resort, they always want to return to BWV. If DH and I want to stay elsewhere it has to be on our trips alone.
I personally would book a lock off 2 bedroom rather than a dedicated when traveling with another couple. That way each couple can have living facilities and privacy but also the option of opening the connecting door when you want to be together.

Thanks all!

For now, I booked BWV in a garden/pool view and waitlisted for boardwalk view. Surprised they are the same point cost.

Now, my next issue...My Disney Experience. I'm already in there along with my partner, I can do all my ride reservations, dining, pass info linked, etc...but what about my 2 guests? What if we want to go to different restaurants? Should they make their reservations separately or can we link them all up to the room rezzie?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter