Advice Please

sue

love my DVC
We are going to WDW in the first part of August for a week. We have been there during Feb, March,October, and November. Just how busy are the parks during this time and roughly how hot and humid is it. Our last trip "home" was last October and we hit a time when Florida was experiencing a record breaking heat wave. The temps were 95+ and humidy levels were near 75-80 percent.
Also.... we will be buying some groceries to cook in our 2Br villa at SSR. Does anyone have any easy meal ideas that can be fixed say in 45 minutes after a long day at the park. My kids are fairly simple eaters ( not adventurous) and my husband and I like anything.

Thanks for all your help

55 days and counting:banana: :cool2: :woohoo:

August is extremely hot, humid and crowded in the parks. We generally will head out very early in the morning and head back to the hotel before noon. Then we head out again in the evening after 6 pm as the heat of the day is just unbearably hot.

Expect long lines and afternoon showers as well. They tend to cloud up and pour rain for about 20 minutes, then disappear as quickly as they came. All this being said, I would still travel to WDW in July and August. Just have to be prepared and have a plan for park touring.

August is hot and humid, along with crowded. As for cooking a meal in 45 minutes or less...would you be able to cook the night before and then just preheat that day? Or, how about making the meals at home and freezing them, pack them in one of those cooler bags that you could stick in your luggage (if flying). If not, you could buy thin cut chicken cutlets and bake or pan fry them, or even take them to one of the BBQ grills and grill them, you could do the same with hamburgers and franks. Grilled cheese and soup, pasta and sauce with meatballs (buy them already made), fish also cooks quickly, stir fry meals with chicken, beef, pork or shrimp, tacos, fajitas, omelets, then there's always the frozen already to cook meals.....there are lots of meals that you could prepare and cook in 45 minutes or less! How about buying an already cooked rotisserie chicken, and then making side dishes. You could make stove top stuffing, boxed mac and cheese, instant rice dishes, rice-a-roni for the sides! Make it a family project, while you're cooking the main dish, have the rest of the family prepare a salad, vegetables, side dishes, set the table, etc.! Come to think of it the BBQ is probably not a great idea...takes too long to get the coals hot.

The last week of August, however, is delightfully slow--very low crowds during that particular week.

The last week of August, however, is delightfully slow--very low crowds during that particular week.

Yes, maybe the last week in August is slow......but this poster is going at the beginning of August, so this information doesn't help them.

Yes, maybe the last week in August is slow......but this poster is going at the beginning of August, so this information doesn't help them.

Yes, I am aware of that, and when I read the initial post I noticed when the trip was taking place. However people other than the OP read the threads. :goodvibes Information is information and may be helpful to someone....that is how we all learn things about the place we love so much. :love:

Thank you all for your help. It is helpful to know how crowded it is all year round really. I was basically asking about the first week in August, but am glad to hear about the end of August as well. Thanks for taking the time to answer my post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter