Advice/Things to Know for an Art of Animation Stay?

Mr. Sullivan

Earning My Ears
Hello!

I'll be soon booking a solo trip to WDW for early 2025! I'll be staying for nine days, and am currently looking into Art of Animation. Despite Pop Century being a bit cheaper, AoA has more of the Disney charm within my price point that I'm looking for in my stay.

That being said, I've never stayed at this resort and have little knowledge of it beyond it's theming and it's position along the Skyliner (another huge draw to this resort). For those with experience, what do you think of AoA? Any tips, advice, or tricks I should know before staying here? Would you say it's a good option for the trip?

The Little Mermaid rooms are the farthest point in the resort from the Skyliner and the lobby/food/etc. If that's where you are staying, plan for a longer walk in the am to the Skyliner. I've only stayed in a Cars Suite there but it was a good vibe. I prefer Pop myself so that's where I usually stay.

Sure its a bit of a walk to the Little Mermaid rooms, but its a lovely walk. You pass by the Lion King section. Beautiful resort. Love the pool and food court. The food court has unique food options. Its quite good. If you wanted something different, you can always take a short walk over to Pop Century and try out their food court. The best of both worlds!

We like AOA but when I am solo its Pop for me as you don't have to convert the murphy bed from the table & chair setup giving you a better living space (imho - especially for 9 days!) I can wake up and have a quick breakfast and check my emails etc. and not have to sit on a bed :) It just feels like so much more space without two beds especially if you're only using one.

It's a quick walk to AOA from Pop and you can use either/both pools with Skyliner in the middle. That said AOA is pretty much the same as POP with different icons. In years past the AOA food court was a bit better with lots of made to order options but that seems to have changed in recent years.

Enjoy

We LOVE AoA. Love it. We told the kids last week that we're going back to Disney this summer and when we told them we're staying at Bay Lake Tower, two of them were so disappointed we aren't going back to AoA (one of them actually cried) and honestly it was a HARD choice- we only went with BLT because we got an amazing discount and are going in August when the later nights for deluxe guests is key. We've staying in the suites and the LM rooms and they've both fabulous. The skyliner is our favorite mode of transportation, hands down, and the food court is great, good choices and we were always able to find a table. We love the theming as well!

For me the biggest plus at this point is the three themed pools. The two quiet pools are hands down better than any of the moderate's quiet pools. So that would be my number one reason to stay there in a regular room. If I were not going to swim I think I would be staying at POP if difference in price were large.

You CAN use either food court and AoA used to have great nicer options than POP but all the food courts seem to be going pretty generic. You have Skyliner with either and you can use either buses. Like we would stay at POP, go to park, then bus back to AoA to eat dinner there.

Little Mermaid rooms are two beds, POP is a bed and murphy bed. I like the idea of the murphy bed staying up but I do think the Little Mermaid rooms are more inviting with beautiful colors. If it were in my budget I'd probably pick Little Mermaid.

My guess is they meant either pool at AoA.
I think this is what they meant. Given the Little Mermaid pool is plunk in the middle of those rooms and themed to those rooms it may seem to some guests they can't use it. And the Cars pool again might feel like just theirs. But that is a big no to use POP or AoA pools. You only swim where you sleep at those two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter