Aeriell's Crazy PJ! 9/16/09 Musical Breakthrough, More Invites, & Other Silly Things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome and congratulations! I *love* your proposal story! I also love the third dress. BTW, white, red, and black is not goth, it's classic. Those were are colors before we switched. GL and and wait to read more!

I think we're getting our invites from the same place... :goodvibes

Keen! I loves a lot of the designs on that site and they're really pretty affordable!

Welcome and congratulations! I *love* your proposal story! I also love the third dress. BTW, white, red, and black is not goth, it's classic. Those were are colors before we switched. GL and and wait to read more!

Aww, thank you! And thanks for the reassurance- I really appreciate it. Now that I'm getting things together in my mind, it's not seeming as goth. I just worry for no reason sometimes, though! :rotfl2:

Ooh, I love the contrast between the invitations and the thank yous!

Isn't it awesome? That's what really drew me in- It's just so... neat! I love how the white petals and text look against the red- I bet no one loses these puppies! Your invites in your PJ are absolutely gorgeous too! And your thank-yous are freakin' sweet, if I may say so!

:laughing: Thanks! We're not exactly the most conventional couple, so we're breaking all sorts of rules along the way!

We spent most of tonight assembling those puppies. It's funny how much effort you make for something that someone looks at maybe once or twice for a minute.

My hope is that they'll open them and say, Wow, these are different! Then maybe they'll look at them for two minutes instead! :lmao:

Yours will definitely get that second minute! ;)

Beep, you're awesome. I love reading your posts! And we're color twins! YAY! The only difference is that we're doing mostly white and red with black accents. :)

That dress is GORGEOUS! You're going to be *so* lovely floating down the aisle in that! Thanks for the encouragement on the red dress, too! I think I'll hang on to the mostly white one for now... but hey, in about 10 years maybe a rock n' roll VR would just *scream* for a red dress!

I think I may be getting waaaay ahead of myself there though! :rotfl:

Awww, thank you honey, that's really sweet of you.

My Mom wasn't impressed with the dress at first as I have a large tattoo on my back and one on my arm. She was trying to get me to cover them up with just about anything she could think of but has given up now. I'm having long hair extensions which will cover what the dress doesn't on my back but the armband is going wild and free and nature intended. It actually looked quite cool with the dress!

Hmmm, ok, start off with the white dress with the red banding and then people will be ready for the red dress at the VR!

Happy dress hunting and keep us up to date.

Alex :goodvibes :goodvibes

:laughing: Thanks! We're not exactly the most conventional couple, so we're breaking all sorts of rules along the way!

We spent most of tonight assembling those puppies. It's funny how much effort you make for something that someone looks at maybe once or twice for a minute.

My hope is that they'll open them and say, Wow, these are different! Then maybe they'll look at them for two minutes instead! :lmao:

Yours will definitely get that second minute! ;)

I noticed the lack of conventionality in your PJ and I think it's awesome! Your invites will surely get the second minute! :goodvibes

How are you planning on addressing yours? Calligraphy, labels, printer? My handwriting is....uh... interesting so hand-addressing is iffy at best :laughing:

I *am* going to try my hand a putting wax seals on the envelopes, though! I've always wanted to get something with a wax seal... just seems so fancy and classic to me :lmao:

I noticed the lack of conventionality in your PJ and I think it's awesome! Your invites will surely get the second minute! :goodvibes

How are you planning on addressing yours? Calligraphy, labels, printer? My handwriting is....uh... interesting so hand-addressing is iffy at best :laughing:

I *am* going to try my hand a putting wax seals on the envelopes, though! I've always wanted to get something with a wax seal... just seems so fancy and classic to me :lmao:

I just finished addressing my envelopes last week. It was *NOT* fun. I don't have beautiful penmanship myself. So I bought some stencils and tried those out with a calligraphy pen. We agreed it didn't look all that nice, so we bought letter stamps (I got a set at Michael's for $19.99). I thought they looked horrible, but I got a lot of compliments from the few people I showed them to. They thought I had done it on purpose (they look a bit... playful. I thought they looked sloppy! But I'm my own worst critic). The stamp pad was gold.

I love wax seals! Someone gave me a set when I was a teenager, and I used them for years. This time, we just got gold leaf stickers, since it went with the whole motif.

I'll try to take pictures of an envelope. I thought about it, and then I was like, People will see their addresses. I could make a fake one though, so you can see how it turned out.

Everything sound wonderful. I really like your invitations. Can't wait to hear about more of your plans.

My Mom wasn't impressed with the dress at first as I have a large tattoo on my back and one on my arm. She was trying to get me to cover them up with just about anything she could think of but has given up now. I'm having long hair extensions which will cover what the dress doesn't on my back but the armband is going wild and free and nature intended. It actually looked quite cool with the dress!

Pfft- I say keep the tats! There's just something about a tattooed lady in a wedding gown that's just... I dunno. Unspeakably awesome, I think.

We're wanting to do the dessert party thing, and I'm taking a page from Carrie (patron saint of awesome weddings)'s book and thinking about a subtle little costume change during the time in between the ceremony and day reception and the dessert party. However, instead of the very lovely fascinator idea, I'm thinking hats!

Tiny hats! :cutie:

il_fullxfull.21088319.jpg

Like this, but white and red! I dunno about the veil part, I may just ask for the hat and little doo-dads only. Maybe gloves for in the evening too? I don't know, just random ideas surfacing and then returning to the murky depths of my mind.

Also, I've started a bridal beauty regimen! Okay yeah... big achievement right? :rotfl:

I have been drinking so much water- I feel like a sieve, if you catch my drift!:lmao:

So I've started taking hair, skin, and nails vitamins (my nails are really weak and my skin could use some TLC) as well as really watching what/when/how much I eat. I really want to lose weight before I have loads of pics taken of me, so I'm starting an exercise routine and of course, the diet. Any recommendations would be awesome! (I'm looking to drop about 80 lbs! I'll be needing to do some of these :yay: and less of this :happytv: )

Any recommendations for skin care products? I'm washing with olay soap, exfoliating with St Ives apricot scrub (less often now, my cheeks are kinda extra-rosy from where I was exfoliating too much!), neutrogena pore-reducing toner, and olay spf 30 moisturizer. I want to be one HAWT bride, baby!

I'm also looking to start using mane and tail shampoo and conditioner- that stuff makes your hair *awesome* and makes it grow fast too!

Thanks for reading everyone! :goodvibes

I *love* birdcage veils... they look so glamorous! As for the tiny hat... very cute!

I've heard Aveno and Olay are as close to professional skin care products as your going to get! They work really well. I've heard nothing but good things about the apricot one as well, but I'm allergic to apricots so that's one bridal look I WON'T be going for, I don't think I could pull of the blochy/swollen look.

I think I might try the horse and mane shampoo if you recommend it! Is your hair growing pretty fast? Does it look long and luxurious?

I *love* birdcage veils... they look so glamorous! As for the tiny hat... very cute!

I've heard Aveno and Olay are as close to professional skin care products as your going to get! They work really well. I've heard nothing but good things about the apricot one as well, but I'm allergic to apricots so that's one bridal look I WON'T be going for, I don't think I could pull of the blochy/swollen look.

I think I might try the horse and mane shampoo if you recommend it! Is your hair growing pretty fast? Does it look long and luxurious?

Ouch- sorry to hear about the apricot allergy! There are some really nice sugar scrubs out there that do basically the same thing, though! And I think you're right... the blotchy and swollen look is *not* a good one!

And yes- the mane and tail shampoo works wonders! I haven't started using it yet, but when I used it all those years ago before prom it was like magic. Silky, long, and strong. And even better, the dollar store has a huge bottle for just $1! :hyper:

Here's an old prom pic- sorry it's tiny, but if you break out the magnifying glass I think you can see the 'do!
Aeriell_Dawn3.jpg

"Now with 500% More Pictures" - I LOVE it!

Titled with you in mind, Carrie! :rotfl:

I have been drinking so much water- I feel like a sieve, if you catch my drift!:lmao:

So I've started taking hair, skin, and nails vitamins (my nails are really weak and my skin could use some TLC) as well as really watching what/when/how much I eat. I really want to lose weight before I have loads of pics taken of me, so I'm starting an exercise routine and of course, the diet. Any recommendations would be awesome! (I'm looking to drop about 80 lbs! I'll be needing to do some of these :yay: and less of this :happytv: )

Any recommendations for skin care products? I'm washing with olay soap, exfoliating with St Ives apricot scrub (less often now, my cheeks are kinda extra-rosy from where I was exfoliating too much!), neutrogena pore-reducing toner, and olay spf 30 moisturizer. I want to be one HAWT bride, baby!

Hiya, I've lurked in your PJ, but never posted... I have some recommendations for nails and skin care... Liquid Multi Vitamins are a gazillion times more effective for hair, skin and nails than Hair, Skin and Nails vitamins.
I use Vitamin Shoppe brand Liquid Green Multi Vitamin. I had super thin nails that were always breaking and within the first two weeks of taking the new liquid multi, my nails were long and healthy. My hair also grows faster when I take them. The bottle has 32 servings (one per day) and is around $25. I used a variety of Hair, Skin and Nail vitamins for years and barely noticed a difference. This also gives me tons more energy during the day and I sleep better at night. But here's the catch... it doesn't taste yummy at all. :confused3

Also if you use Nailtiques (clear nail polish about $8 at CVS/RiteAid/Walgreens for a teeny tiny bottle), in about a week you will see a difference in your nails too.

As far as skin goes...before my wedding, I used Olay Regenerist 14-day intensive Therapy. It was $25 and you just put lotion on before you go to bed for 14 days and it was AMAZING!!!!! The results only last about 2-3 weeks after you use it, but it actually worked better than $100 facials I've had. I have very large pores and they disappeared completely!

hth

Nikki

Hiya, I've lurked in your PJ, but never posted... I have some recommendations for nails and skin care... Liquid Multi Vitamins are a gazillion times more effective for hair, skin and nails than Hair, Skin and Nails vitamins.
I use Vitamin Shoppe brand Liquid Green Multi Vitamin. I had super thin nails that were always breaking and within the first two weeks of taking the new liquid multi, my nails were long and healthy. My hair also grows faster when I take them. The bottle has 32 servings (one per day) and is around $25. I used a variety of Hair, Skin and Nail vitamins for years and barely noticed a difference. This also gives me tons more energy during the day and I sleep better at night. But here's the catch... it doesn't taste yummy at all. :confused3

Also if you use Nailtiques (clear nail polish about $8 at CVS/RiteAid/Walgreens for a teeny tiny bottle), in about a week you will see a difference in your nails too.

As far as skin goes...before my wedding, I used Olay Regenerist 14-day intensive Therapy. It was $25 and you just put lotion on before you go to bed for 14 days and it was AMAZING!!!!! The results only last about 2-3 weeks after you use it, but it actually worked better than $100 facials I've had. I have very large pores and they disappeared completely!

hth

Nikki

:hyper: I have a PJ lurker! Thanks so much for the tips- I guess you get what you pay for... (they had the skin, hair, and nails vitas BOGO the the grocery store..:rolleyes1 ) But I may switch to the ones you recommended! They may not taste yummy, but I don't know many that do, honestly. (Flintsones don't count!)

And thank you, thank you, thank you for the tip on the Regenerist! I'll tuck this one under my hat for when the big day gets closer! I have big pores too and I've been trying to shrink them, but nothing works. I've never had a facial, but I'm taking your advice that this product works better than expensive treatments. Thank you *again*! :worship:

:hyper: I have a PJ lurker! Thanks so much for the tips- I guess you get what you pay for... (they had the skin, hair, and nails vitas BOGO the the grocery store..:rolleyes1 ) But I may switch to the ones you recommended! They may not taste yummy, but I don't know many that do, honestly. (Flintsones don't count!)

And thank you, thank you, thank you for the tip on the Regenerist! I'll tuck this one under my hat for when the big day gets closer! I have big pores too and I've been trying to shrink them, but nothing works. I've never had a facial, but I'm taking your advice that this product works better than expensive treatments. Thank you *again*! :worship:

LOL, it's fun being your PJ lurker! Everything sounds/looks great so far.

Ohhh, maybe you should try the regular Vitamin Shoppe Liquid Multi Vitamins first. They actually do kind of taste like Flinstones Multis!

Yeah, they are more expensive, but I finally made the switch because it is actually more cost effective. I did some research and found that our bodies only absorb 2%(not so healthy)-20%(super healthy) of vitamins in tablet form, while we absorb about 90% of vitamins in liquid form. So now that I know that, it kinda feels like vitamins in tablet form are a huge waste of money. And you really feel a difference in many ways when you take them in liquid form. It could possibly even help you lose weight, because of the energy boost.

And just like you, NOTHING had ever worked on my pores, but this was super easy and wonderful! I cancelled a pore cleansing facial I had scheduled at the Mandara Spa at Disney for the day before our wedding. I totally didn't need it after using the 14-day treatment.

Keep me posted after you try these things, if you do try them! I hope they help!

Nikki

I love, love, love the hat! That's great. And it sounds like it would go perfectly with what you're planning!

My skin is really sensitive, so I can't really deviate from what I use on a daily basis (even going from cheapy to expensive stuff). I've been using Olay cleansers for years, and then Clean & Clear moisturizers (with a couple other things thrown in between), including apricot scrubs for exfoliation. I wish you luck with that. I know I'm going to wake up on my wedding day with a colossal zit on my ... everything! :rotfl2:

I laugh, but I guess it won't be funny when it does happen!

We interrupt these regularly scheduled beauty-related messages with a FLASH! update!

My invite sample AND my DFTW planning folder of goodness came today! I'm so excited I can't hardly stand it! :hyper: My mom and sister just left after a long discussion of these items and some decisions.

First things first!

THIS dress is The One (dress to rule them all. MWAHAHAHA! Sorry... :rolleyes1 )
Dress2.jpg

I will be going to try on another AA dress to get the sizing and then order that beauty off of e-bay for half the price! ::yes:: I'll probably still be getting the veil ad DB unless I can find and better (cheaper!) one online. Thank goodness for the internets.

The invites are awesome- I'm not used to the single page-type invite so I was worried that it looked cheap (I want to *be* cheap, not look it!) but mom and sis reassured me of it's awesomeness. It's a medium-weight paper and the printing is very crisp and interesting. I love the RSVP cards! The samples are black, but I think they'll look stunning in the red. I would like to fancy them up with a little ribbon and they will *certainly* be getting those wax seals! Don't know about addressing yet, but we'll see when we get there!

I feels official now that I have the DFTW packet. I wish the STDs were customizable but oh well. (I giggle when I think that I'm giving STDs to all my guests. And the abbreviation 'BM' makes me chuckle as well! I think I might be a perv...)

We also talked about music, but I'm kind of lost there. I like what I like and don't really have a huge mental song library. My sister does, though. So this I shall use to my advantage! For father-daughter dance we're really trying to find just the right song. My dad and I aren't the fluffy bunnies, daddy's little girl, butterfly kisses kind of father and daughter, so it's hard to choose a song. And some songs have kind of a creepy incest vibe (don't ask, I'm probably crazy and mean no offense!) so I'm trying to find something appropriate. My dad and I are both into classic rock so maybe Bread's Daughter, The Beatles Blackbird or Here Comes the Sun. We might take it a little modern too with Natalie Merchant's Kind and Generous, Loudon Wainwright's Daughter, or Ben Fold's Gracie. Or we could really go nuts and do the Time Warp from Rocky Horror Picture Show! :rotfl2:

I'm thinking I would like to walk down the aisle to "La Vie en Rose" on violin.

Also, have some pictures! These are two of the jewelry sets that I'm considering; the first is the set I would wear during the ceremony (imagine the gold bits in silver) and the second is the evening set. Let me know what you think!
BLP373.jpg

nkr736.jpg

Total cost of BOTH sets together? $16.50
Now I just hope they don't break or turn me green or anything! :rotfl2:

I just spent $128 on stamps, so I'll be glad to write about you for a change! :rotfl:

First, yay about the dress! I feel like I'm living vicariously through you because you're going for it, and I never got to try it. I *love* that dress. Love, love, love it.

Second, I'm so glad about the invitations! Huzzah! Isn't it nice when it all comes together, and you just know you've made the right decision?

Third, :lmao: about funny abbreviations! I am a system administrator for a scheduling system. One section of the system is abbreviated "IBS". During training, I'd say to my users, At least it's gender neutral and not PMS!

Also (that makes this fourth), I love the songs you chose. If you and your dad are okay with moving a little faster than what slow dancing calls for, then Blackbird and Here Comes the Sun are great! You know I'm all about unconventionality, so I think they're great.

I am a huge fan of pearl chokers, so I love the first set. But the second set made me actually say, Va va va voom! And I don't think I've ever said that. I think both sets are gorgeous, and I'm glad you're considering using both.

If you only wear them for a few hours, you should be good (and not green)! :rotfl:

I've always been a fan of that dress! Make sure you share pictures when you get it! I love your necklaces, esp. the second one... gorgeous!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter