Africa -- Tauck

twentyco

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone here has done Africa with Tauck? I am in the early planning stages, and the Tauck Wildlife Odyssey trip (South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe) has more appeal for my group than the ABD itinerary, mostly because it includes Victoria Falls. Would love any feedback from anyone on Tauck, especially in Africa. I have only done ABD trips previously. Thank you!

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone here has done Africa with Tauck? I am in the early planning stages, and the Tauck Wildlife Odyssey trip (South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe) has more appeal for my group than the ABD itinerary, mostly because it includes Victoria Falls. Would love any feedback from anyone on Tauck, especially in Africa. I have only done ABD trips previously. Thank you!
We did back to back Tauck trips in May to June of this year-- South Africa (with Victoria Falls-- a must see for us) and Tanzania (with Great Migration and Zanzibar). Excellent trips.

We did back to back Tauck trips in May to June of this year-- South Africa (with Victoria Falls-- a must see for us) and Tanzania (with Great Migration and Zanzibar). Excellent trips.
Also -- these were our 6th and 7th Tauck trips, and we have done 13 ABDs over the years. We like both companies.

How was the weather during this time? I’m starting to research for a possible trip & when are good times to go. Thx!

We landed on late May to early June to see Victoria Falls at their best, and to catch if possible the Great Migration. We had a day of rain in Cape Town (the start of the trip, May) but that was it-- pleasant weather otherwise!

We landed on late May to early June to see Victoria Falls at their best, and to catch if possible the Great Migration. We had a day of rain in Cape Town (the start of the trip, May) but that was it-- pleasant weather otherwise!
I am thinking about adding a trip to Victoria Falls after our South Africa ABD so hoping you can please answer a few questions:

1. How was the Victoria Falls Hotel (such as food/rooms)? Are they still renovating some of the rooms? Is it true that the "private" path to the Falls is still closed?

2. Do you remember what airline Tauk used for the round trip flight to Victoria Falls from Johannesburg?

Thank you!

I am thinking about adding a trip to Victoria Falls after our South Africa ABD so hoping you can please answer a few questions:

1. How was the Victoria Falls Hotel (such as food/rooms)? Are they still renovating some of the rooms? Is it true that the "private" path to the Falls is still closed?

2. Do you remember what airline Tauk used for the round trip flight to Victoria Falls from Johannesburg?

Thank you!
The Victoria Falls Hotel was very nice-- we didn't see any renovation work. If you go be sure to do the Afternoon Tea. The restaurant food was excellent-- the breakfast buffet area had a great view of the mist rising from the Falls, and the bridge. I don't recall any paths to the falls-- seems too far for that. Sorry, I can't recall the airline Tauck used to get to the Falls. We loved our time at the hotel and the falls, and the lecture given at the hotel about David Livingston.

We did the Tauck bridges Tanzania last month and loved it. Happy to answer Any questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter