After 42 Years????

the griswolds

Earning My Ears
Just a few questions pertaining to when the Vacation Purchase is up....What happens in the Year 2042 when my Vacation Ownership in OKW is up??? What about the people that are purchasing now, does their Ownership also expire in 2042??? Did anyone ever ask A vacation Club Rep. these questions before purchasing??? The only answer I know is it Reverts back to Disney...... Just curious....Not that I'll even Comprehend DVC in 2042...

Whether you bought in 1991 or 2041, everyone's interest reverts to Disney on Jan 31, 2042. Disney is then free to resell, rent or demolish the properties.

No information has been released about any plans after that date. Speculation about when will DVC stop building and selling new resorts has been an oft discussed topic here.

At some point, I expect that there will be a DVC2- with a fresh 50 year program and new resorts. I would also expect some exchange possibilities between DVC and DVC2 resorts.

Stay Tuned!

All that is certain is that our deeded real estate interest will terminate.

If anyone claims to know exactly what will happen to each of the current DVC resorts in 2042, I wouldn't take it too seriously.

There's probably a 50/50 chance that the person who will ultimately make the decisions hasn't even been born yet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter