Air Miles for Park Tickets?

Has anyone redeemed their air miles for Disney World park tickets since fastpass+ was introduced? If so, can you share details/experiences? TIA

We redeemed our air miles for four 7-day WDW park tickets for our trip this past May. No issues linking up the tickets to MDE and then booking FP+.

I'm currently in the process of accumulating enough for another set of four tix - only two more tix to go...If you have specific questions, I'd be happy to answer them!

We redeemed our air miles for four 7-day WDW park tickets for our trip this past May. No issues linking up the tickets to MDE and then booking FP+.

I'm currently in the process of accumulating enough for another set of four tix - only two more tix to go...If you have specific questions, I'd be happy to answer them!

Thanks so much, I just redeemed mine for a 5 day park pass, once I get them, if I have any issues, I will be sure to ask you for help!

Thanks for the link, I did check out that thread but didn't get to page 68! I just asked my question there as well. The title of this thread seemed a little more relevant for me, I guess it doesn't hurt to post in multiple threads.

This is my question also. I want to get a 7 day base ticket and then upgrade it to a 10 day Water Park And Fun ticket. I understand that this is possible but can I do it somehow before my travel date...this way I can do fast passes for all ten days. Is it possible for me to give the tickets to someone who is visiting WDW ahead of my travel plans and they take the tickets and do the ticket transaction, pay the upgrade and bring the new ones (10 day) back to me. Thanks.

This is my question also. I want to get a 7 day base ticket and then upgrade it to a 10 day Water Park And Fun ticket. I understand that this is possible but can I do it somehow before my travel date...this way I can do fast passes for all ten days. Is it possible for me to give the tickets to someone who is visiting WDW ahead of my travel plans and they take the tickets and do the ticket transaction, pay the upgrade and bring the new ones (10 day) back to me. Thanks.

I know that at DL you can only upgrade tickets in person after the first day of use but I was not certain about WDW so I looked it up. It looks like the answer is no.

Here is what WDW says:

Q.
Can I upgrade theme park tickets after they are purchased?

A.
Yes. If it is within 14 days of a theme park ticket’s first use and the ticket has remaining admissions, you are able to upgrade the ticket. If it is more than 14 days after first use or if no admissions remain, then a ticket may not be modified or upgraded.

Tickets Purchased Before 2005
You cannot upgrade tickets purchased before 2005. However, while older tickets cannot be upgraded, if an older ticket does not have an expiration date, the ticket remains valid until all admissions are used.

Update Options
Upgrades may include:

• Upgrading a 1-Day Value Ticket to a Regular or Peak Ticket
  • Adding days
  • Adding the Park Hopper Option
  • Adding the Water Park Fun & More Option
Where to Upgrade Tickets
Ticket upgrades must be made in person at the following locations at Walt Disney World Resort:

I'm having a hard time linking the Airmiles DW ticket on My Disney Experience.....it says ticket not valid. I'm getting so frustrated! I had enough miles to get one ticket and I purchased two direct from DW. Now i can only book fastpasses online for two people. Argh!

I'm having a hard time linking the Airmiles DW ticket on My Disney Experience.....it says ticket not valid. I'm getting so frustrated! I had enough miles to get one ticket and I purchased two direct from DW. Now i can only book fastpasses online for two people. Argh!
Your best bet in this situation might be to call either of these numbers if you need immediate help linking those tickets..
(407) 939-4357 ..... My Disney Experience,
MagicBands and
FastPass+
Or
Existing Tickets
(407) 939-7523

Did you set up everyone properly on MDE?
I would actually call air miles support to tell them about this, before calling Disney.
They are the ones who issued the ticket (by the way, was it a plastic card, like a credit card, that's what I got).

Binoo, I too tried to upgrade the Universal one day pass from airmiles to a 2 day pass by offering to pay the difference is price but the customer service person at the gate said no for exactly the same reason as Maxie has just posted, no price on the ticket.

Did you enter the park using the ticket before upgrading?

I have asked similar questions and I was told yes based on this thread and I am planning to upgrade to a seasonal pass this August.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/airmiles-for-universal-studios.3538405/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter