Air travel policy updates

Regarding the cancel with no penalty offer airlines have right now. If I cancel, I understand the money goes into a travel bank. Is that immediate? Can I rebook immediately?

@Starwind, thanks for outlining that.

This is why direct flights will be VERY important going forward.

It might be just easier to do an all inclusive package as the resorts provide free PCR tests at the resort. Then direct flight home, test at home airport, then 1-3 day quarantine at home.

Welcome.

The major limitation right now is that, as others have noted, right now there are only 4 Canadian cities that are allowed to have inbound international flight arrivals. There has been no indication of when that will change.

Regarding the cancel with no penalty offer airlines have right now. If I cancel, I understand the money goes into a travel bank. Is that immediate? Can I rebook immediately?
I have cancelled with Westjet and the credit goes into my travel bank right away. I use the WJ app.

For Westjet, yes. With Air Canada it can take weeks to see your “travel voucher” generated and emailed, in my experience.

For Westjet, yes. With Air Canada it can take weeks to see your “travel voucher” generated and emailed, in my experience.

It took awhile to get our travel voucher from last April but now you can get an actual refund. My husband had a trip booked to BC for this week but cancelled last week and received a refund and was returned to the credit card within a couple days, I was shocked how fast it was. I’ve also received a coupleof emails from AC stating I can change my travel voucher into a refund but I declined since it doesn’t expire and is transferable plus I already used part of it to book our September trip.

It took awhile to get our travel voucher from last April but now you can get an actual refund. My husband had a trip booked to BC for this week but cancelled last week and received a refund and was returned to the credit card within a couple days, I was shocked how fast it was. I’ve also received a coupleof emails from AC stating I can change my travel voucher into a refund but I declined since it doesn’t expire and is transferable plus I already used part of it to book our September trip.
Thank you. Our flight got November went down in price. I considered cancelling and rebooking, but if the money isn’t put into a travel bank immediately, I don’t want to charge my card again and wait for a refund.

Exemptions for fully vaccinated travellers who are eligible to enter Canada are expected in early July. Current travel restrictions still apply.

This notice was on our Govt Web site. I am thinking it pertains to quarantine and testing? Hopefully.

No idea what US requirements will be. But I hope they drop testing too! Life labs test at $200 is a bit steep. They have another for $75, but don’t know if that’s ok for US travel.
COVID-19 ANTIBODY BLOOD TEST FOR PRIOR INFECTION

Exemptions for fully vaccinated travellers who are eligible to enter Canada are expected in early July. Current travel restrictions still apply.

This notice was on our Govt Web site. I am thinking it pertains to quarantine and testing? Hopefully.

No idea what US requirements will be. But I hope they drop testing too! Life labs test at $200 is a bit steep. They have another for $75, but don’t know if that’s ok for US travel.
The testing requirement to enter the US by air is in place until December 31 unless the CDC rescinds it before that :(

I wonder if they’re possibly expediting more recent refunds, then. We applied for a number of refunds and had the “approved” emails sent mid-May, but the refunds still haven’t posted to the credit card.

The US accepts antigen (rapid) tests and I believe that you can get them at Shoppers now for around $40 or so. Definitely not in the $200 range!

The US accepts antigen (rapid) tests and I believe that you can get them at Shoppers now for around $40 or so. Definitely not in the $200 range!
Not that I have found in BC. Here the cheapest one I've found is $129/person

So these tests would let you board a flight in canada to fly to the US?
And a PCR test would still be necessary to board a flight in the US heading back to Canada?

So these tests would let you board a flight in canada to fly to the US?
And a PCR test would still be necessary to board a flight in the US heading back to Canada?
Yes. The US is accepting antigen (rapid) tests, while Canada will only allow PCR tests (for now).

Thanks. I’ll have to ask Shoppers here in BC to see which does it. That will be a huge help.
oh no, just saw Starwinds post of not in BC. Dang.

Where? Is that the nasal swab or antigen rapid test?
In Richmond right by the airport. I found it last night when I was searching for a friend but can't find the link for the info now. I'll tag you here if I can find it again. I believe it was an Antigen test. She's going to Shoppers in Burnaby and paying $199 a person for a PCR test. I told her about this one in Richmond for less money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter