Airfare from Midwest

crazycatlady

DIS Veteran
I have been watching airfare for our September trip to California and am having trouble pulling the trigger because I am unsure what a good fare is from Wisconsin to California. So far I am seeing about $165 to $170 or so one way from Milwaukee to San Diego (on a Thursday) and about the same coming home out of Santa Anna on a Saturday. I can get a Sunday flight out of LAX for $174. Anyone know if these are good prices?

I'm in San Diego and fly to the midwest regularly (my wife's family is in Akron Ohio and my family is in Detroit Michigan) - those prices look about right.

That being said, sometimes you can get really good deals flying into the Carlsbad airport (CLD). It's between San Diego and Santa Ana. It's worth looking into - but I don't think you're going to find anything much cheaper than what you've found. Those are good prices for September (you chose the right time of year to fly - double those rates for busier months, depending on the airline)

Agree with PP that is a good price.

We are flying out of Chicago, Midway to LAX early September and flying SW with points but the cash price is $302 per person which I think it is a great rate. Currently the cash price would be $335 per person. When I first booked with points the cash price was $347 per person which is what I would say is a pretty standard airfare for the route. Luckily we booked on points so I was able to have the points refunded to our account when the price dropped.

If I could fly SAN to DTW for $300 I'd consider it a major victory in the luck department. Under $400 any time of year is good.

Thanks for the responses! I think I will go ahead and book. I will also check into the Carlsbad airport. Great advice!

Two years ago we were able to snag one way tickets for about $129 each way from Kansas City. Southwest will run 3 good sales a year. You just have to keep watching. KC to LAX offers non stop on several flights. The usual going price is about $146. This year we are driving to Denver and caught airfares from $69 each way. Couldn't pass that up. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter