Airlines return to pier for quick luggage check in on disembarkation day : )

Hey that's great! I had no idea you could check your luggage at the pier for return flights. Saves a lot of trouble:)

Terrific! I wasn't holding my breath on that one. That'll be great!

Okay, Delta, you're my airline... what's the holdup?

I agree with Dave: Come on Delta. My question is this: The ariports/airlines limit the time that you can check in luggage at the ariport to no more than 4 hours prior to flight. Will there also be some limitation as to times at the port? I would think they would need at least 4 hours to get bags checked in and transfered to MCO.

Great News!!! This is going t be extremely convenient for those who are flying with those particular airlines.

1 Disney Lovin' Mom
Memphis, TN

Will they allow you to check your luggage if you did not take Disney air and...

will they let you check your luggage for a flight at 7:45 pm?

MJ

I always thought this was a much better way to handle luggage anyway. It should help the Orlando airport in that there are much fewer bags to checks and will help to speed up the entire process. I also thing it would allow the bags to be screened quicker and more efficiently. I never did see the logic in stopping the peir luggage bag checkins. When we arrived back from our cruise just 4 weeks ago the airport was a real mess with all the cruisers wanting to check their bags. This should make everybody much happier. Get on the ball ALL airlines!!.smjj

Yes you can check your luggage even if you did not use Disney air, "As long as you have luggag transfers through Disney". ???
Do you mean if we have the Bus tranfers to from the ship to airport ? I got my own air but am buying transfers from airport to ship and Back ? Also I booked a 2:45 flight but I am hoping if we get to airport early maybe we can go standby early but if our luggage is checked to original flight the chances are not so good not sure if I should just take luggage on bus or try checkin at port ? We are on AA . Anyone else ever gotten a early flight home ??

That`s GREAT:bounce: It makes everything easier. I used it last year:) with USAIR, but this year I`m flying Delta. :confused: Come on Delta, hurry up.:D

I agree. This news is great, but I am also flying Delta. Come on Delta, get with the program!!!

My question is this - can we check our baggage at the pier with Northwestern even if we do not have disney air or transfers? We have a later flight and are renting a car to go exploring in Orlando the day we leave. Anybody know??

Thanks

Woo-hoo!!
I got Disney transfers from the pier to airport hoping they would re-instate this service and now they have. Much less hassel!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I have always been able to check my bags at the port (when it was offered) regardless of whether I had DCL transfers or not. Unless something has changed, this should not be a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter