Airmiles Armchair Chatter

No decorations here this year. Olaf broke two trees last year knocking them over and since we will be gone for over a week I didn't want anything getting damaged while we are away. We have a table top tree I will put up when we get back, that will have to do this year! At least at Disney and on the cruise ship, they will have decorations and trees for us to enjoy and get into the spirit.

I hope this is going to work.
I shop maybe once a year at Walmart online.
So I made a purchase via Airmiles shop.

Order summary & receipt​

Item subtotal
$ 104.14​
HST @ 13%​
$ 13.54​
Total
$ 117.68​

It is suppose to arrive Monday Dec 11th.
I had to load the offer for spend $100.00 get 150 Airmiles on my phone as it was not available online to me.
I've never not had an offer on my phone App with it not available online also?

Hopefully I did everything right.:confused3
I tried saving a screen shot.
Walmart is currently 10 X the Airmiles
so I should get an extra 50 Airmiles.

Screenshot_20231209-141525_AIR MILES.jpg

Last edited:
This one is on my sons card ,,, I don't seem to have it yet.

andrew2.jpg

25 Bonus Miles​

OPT In !!
Earn 1 Reward Mile at any AIR MILES® partner, online through airmilesshops.ca or using any Card Linked Offer*

Terms & Conditions​

This offer is exclusive and non-transferable. Offer is valid December 8, 2023 to December 21, 2023. To qualify, eligible collectors must click the “Opt in” button in the offer invitation by December 21, 2023. Any base Miles earned in connection with eligible purchases made at an AIR MILES partner with the collector number associated with the recipient’s collector account will qualify towards the earn requirement. Any Miles earned through travel purchases or AIR MILES Receipts will not qualify towards the earn requirement. All eligible Miles must be earned before 11:59 p.m. ET on December 21, 2023, and subsequently posted to your collector account. Limit of one offer per collector number. Visit www.airmiles.ca/en/offers/partners to learn more about partner offer requirements, including minimum spend and exclusions. For the purposes of this offer, Miles earned in connection with eligible purchases through airmilesshops.ca and airmilescardlink.ca qualify. Airmilesshops.ca base offer may vary per store; click on store logo at airmilesshops.ca for details. Collector must sign in at airmilesshops.ca before purchasing in order to get Reward Miles and qualify for this offer. This offer does not apply to purchases or sign-ups made at the following online stores: eHarmony, Disney+, Pimsleur, Wealthsimple, Weight Watchers, Amazon Music Unlimited (free trial offer), and any online travel stores (including, but not limited to, travel bookings, car rentals, and hotel stays). All online stores are subject to change and may be withdrawn without notice at any time. To get Bonus Miles through card linked offers, collectors must link their eligible Canadian Mastercard to their AIR MILES collector number and make eligible purchases at participating brands (the “Promotion”) during the promotion period and meet the criteria required for the bonus offers (each an “Offer” and collectively the “Offers”). Please see each unique Offer’s terms and conditions for specific details at airmilescardlink.ca. Offer may be combined with other AIR MILES offers. Please allow up to 90 days after the end of the offer period for Bonus Miles to be awarded.

Last edited:
This one is on my sons card ,,, I don't seem to have it yet.

View attachment 816853

25 Bonus Miles​

OPT In !!
Earn 1 Reward Mile at any AIR MILES® partner, online through airmilesshops.ca or using any Card Linked Offer*

Terms & Conditions​

This offer is exclusive and non-transferable. Offer is valid December 8, 2023 to December 21, 2023. To qualify, eligible collectors must click the “Opt in” button in the offer invitation by December 21, 2023. Any base Miles earned in connection with eligible purchases made at an AIR MILES partner with the collector number associated with the recipient’s collector account will qualify towards the earn requirement. Any Miles earned through travel purchases or AIR MILES Receipts will not qualify towards the earn requirement. All eligible Miles must be earned before 11:59 p.m. ET on December 21, 2023, and subsequently posted to your collector account. Limit of one offer per collector number. Visit www.airmiles.ca/en/offers/partners to learn more about partner offer requirements, including minimum spend and exclusions. For the purposes of this offer, Miles earned in connection with eligible purchases through airmilesshops.ca and airmilescardlink.ca qualify. Airmilesshops.ca base offer may vary per store; click on store logo at airmilesshops.ca for details. Collector must sign in at airmilesshops.ca before purchasing in order to get Reward Miles and qualify for this offer. This offer does not apply to purchases or sign-ups made at the following online stores: eHarmony, Disney+, Pimsleur, Wealthsimple, Weight Watchers, Amazon Music Unlimited (free trial offer), and any online travel stores (including, but not limited to, travel bookings, car rentals, and hotel stays). All online stores are subject to change and may be withdrawn without notice at any time. To get Bonus Miles through card linked offers, collectors must link their eligible Canadian Mastercard to their AIR MILES collector number and make eligible purchases at participating brands (the “Promotion”) during the promotion period and meet the criteria required for the bonus offers (each an “Offer” and collectively the “Offers”). Please see each unique Offer’s terms and conditions for specific details at airmilescardlink.ca. Offer may be combined with other AIR MILES offers. Please allow up to 90 days after the end of the offer period for Bonus Miles to be awarded.
I have one of those offers except mine is for

25 Bonus Miles​

When you earn 1 AIR MILES® Reward Mile at one of: Budget, Fountain Tire, Global Pet Foods, Goodyear, Samsung, Samsung Wallet or TIMBER MART*
Ends: December 31, 2023

Or maybe that was there before and I just didn't notice?

I have one of those offers except mine is for

25 Bonus Miles​

When you earn 1 AIR MILES® Reward Mile at one of: Budget, Fountain Tire, Global Pet Foods, Goodyear, Samsung, Samsung Wallet or TIMBER MART*
Ends: December 31, 2023

Or maybe that was there before and I just didn't notice?
I don't have this one either ,,oh well the only one I sometimes shop at is Global Pet ,,and that only when we need Greenies treats and a new catnip banana when she has mauled it to pieces. ,,,lol.

I don't have the 25 bonus miles but my Walmart shop said 10 miles for every $20 spent so I will go with that one.
I just spent over $100 at Walmart so I should earn the bonus 150 miles. Yea me. Let's hope it all ships.
I placed an order at Mint.ca that I was worried about counting for anything as the items don't ship until February but I just had 5 miles post to my account so I guess it counted.

Amazon question for all you Amazon shoppers out there. Have you ever had any issues when you have pre-ordered any items? Twice now I have pre-ordered a CD (yes I still listen to them) and both times I have to fight to get them to ship it to me. Funny thing is, is that both times it is a CD by the same group.

I chatted yesterday with them as the item is available if I buy it now for shipping in 2 days but my estimated delivery date is December 29th to Feb 4th. The person yesterday said it was a glitch and she had sent it off to the fulfillment department but nothing has happened yet. I don't want to cancel my order and re-order as my pre-order was over $5 cheaper than it is now.

Now I know it was only 24 hours ago but how long would you wait to chat again? Unfortunately when I tried to screen capture our chat it didn't work and when I tried again the agent had already left the chat so all our typing went away.
I really want this CD to listen to some new Christmas music.

Oh and I am still fighting with Amazon about my pre-ordered item. Today was my third time chatting with them but this one may have solved the problem. We ended up cancelling my original order and they gave me a $5 promo code to make up for the difference in price. I placed a new order and it says it should be here by Tuesday. Now time will only tell if it worked. My nephews response it never ever ever pre-order anything. Just go in on release date and pay whatever price they show as pre-orders never work.

Personal Shopper
My Quote
2 Adults for one day at
Universal Orlando Volcano Bay
With the exchange to USD it's not a bad deal.
Plus it's kind of free
Thanks Jacqueline for your quick message and help.

Reward item: Universal Orlando 1-Day Universal's Volcano Bay™ 2 Adults

AIR MILES Reward Miles Quote: 2,450 MILES (1,225 each)

Hugs Mel

I still don't have the AMs from my Shell gift card purchases. Anyone have any experience with this? Shell is usually very quick.

My experience with Shell

While most things from Shell post right away , the Gift cards sometimes don't.
My Shell never has the 50$ ones and the $100 ones don't qualify. (found out the hard way).
I have a hard time getting an airmiles rep to add them,, they say up to two weeks to post.
They are straight up Bonus miles only.

Terms & C0nditions here:
Offer valid November 6 to December 31, 2023 at participating Shell locations in Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, and the Northwest Territories only (excluding Shell Flying J locations). Get 20 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles with the purchase of any one of the following Gift Cards: Sony PlayStation - $50, Visa - $50, Amazon - $50, H&M - $50, Walmart - $50, Indigo/Chapters - $50, The Home Depot - $50, Uber - $50. Maximum of 20 Bonus Miles per transaction. One transaction per 12-hour period. Offer may be combined with other bonus offers. No coupon required. A valid AIR MILES card must be presented/collector number entered at time of transaction. Shell reserves the right to make changes to this offer and to terminate the offer at any time, for any reason and without notice. Please allow up to 2 weeks after your transaction for Bonus Miles to be posted to your collector account. ®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by AIR MILES Loyalty Inc. and Shell Canada Products. The Shell logo is a trademark of Shell Brands International AG. Used under license.

Hugs Mel

My experience with Shell

While most things from Shell post right away , the Gift cards sometimes don't.
My Shell never has the 50$ ones and the $100 ones don't qualify. (found out the hard way).
I have a hard time getting an airmiles rep to add them,, they say up to two weeks to post.
They are straight up Bonus miles only.

Terms & C0nditions here:
Offer valid November 6 to December 31, 2023 at participating Shell locations in Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, and the Northwest Territories only (excluding Shell Flying J locations). Get 20 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles with the purchase of any one of the following Gift Cards: Sony PlayStation - $50, Visa - $50, Amazon - $50, H&M - $50, Walmart - $50, Indigo/Chapters - $50, The Home Depot - $50, Uber - $50. Maximum of 20 Bonus Miles per transaction. One transaction per 12-hour period. Offer may be combined with other bonus offers. No coupon required. A valid AIR MILES card must be presented/collector number entered at time of transaction. Shell reserves the right to make changes to this offer and to terminate the offer at any time, for any reason and without notice. Please allow up to 2 weeks after your transaction for Bonus Miles to be posted to your collector account. ®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by AIR MILES Loyalty Inc. and Shell Canada Products. The Shell logo is a trademark of Shell Brands International AG. Used under license.

Hugs Mel
Thanks for the quick answer Mel. I did get the right ones so I'm okay with that. I'm just worried they won't post in time for the STB. Maybe I do need to just walk in and make another purchase. Did you mention that it is 1 AM for a $5 spend?
Thanks again for your help.

I know a few are going to Disney in the next little while, have you heard that you can purchase Disney gift cards (US funds) from Costco.com? It was posted on a FB group and there was some confusion as to how to do it. I purchased 2 $250 gift cards this morning, about half hour ago, and they are already here. I used a made up Zip code but used my regular address.
The offer is $250, maximum purchase of 2, for $224.99 or $449.98 if you bought the two. Everything is in US funds, I used my US MC to pay. I get AMs on my CC so that is a bonus.
Anyways, in case anyone is interested, there you go.

I know a few are going to Disney in the next little while, have you heard that you can purchase Disney gift cards (US funds) from Costco.com? It was posted on a FB group and there was some confusion as to how to do it. I purchased 2 $250 gift cards this morning, about half hour ago, and they are already here. I used a made up Zip code but used my regular address.
The offer is $250, maximum purchase of 2, for $224.99 or $449.98 if you bought the two. Everything is in US funds, I used my US MC to pay. I get AMs on my CC so that is a bonus.
Anyways, in case anyone is interested, there you go.
Or use them for DVC dues,,,still a savings even with exchange rate

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter