Airmiles Armchair Chatter

So at this point, rather than see them go to waste, DH and I will go next Sunday if it's not raining. Should be interesting...he will ride anything but I don't do rollercoasters.
Well I would suggest that you go earlier than later, maybe have an early lunch so that the eateries aren't that busy. We should have eaten at 11:30 when we were going to but the line for one of the rides we went on was much longer than we thought.
You could go the bumper cars and race track if you don't like rollercoasters and go walk around Camp Spooky but I would do that in the morning if I would you since it was crazy busy there in the afternoon. We went back in the afternoon and watched It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown on the big screen.
Have fun.

My schools annual fundraiser is "Haunted Halls" and guess what? They are having a "Cake Walk"......and they need donations.....:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1Hmmmmm.....now I just need ideas to quickly and cheaply decorate a few (4-6) Sobeys cakes.....:cake:
Hugs Mel

Are they round or square? What colour is the icing?

Are they round or square? What colour is the icing?

Hi Hon
They are rectangle shape, I can get a few chocolate cake chocolate icing and a few white cake white icing. Here is the Sobeys ad with a picture.
Hugs Mel

sobeys-urban-fresh-flyer-october-20-to-26-1.jpg

Hi Hon
They are rectangle shape, I can get a few chocolate cake chocolate icing and a few white cake white icing. Here is the Sobeys ad with a picture.
Hugs Mel

For the white ones, maybe try and get (or make?) candy eyes and then using an offset spatula you could try and re-spread the icing so that it looks like mummy wrapping? Sort of like this:

oreo-mummy-cake-with-royal-icing-googly-eye-make-easy-halloween-dessert.jpg

For the chocolate ones...maybe see if you can get a tube of white icing and draw a spiderweb, then add a few candy (or toy?) spiders?

Something kinda like this:

mscak25.jpg

Even though these are both round cakes, it would work for square or rectangular as well.

My last idea is to just get and place hallowe'en lollipops around the outside of the cake, like this:

40298da35508fc750691d2788bf3702c--halloween-desserts-fall-desserts.jpg

Hope that helps!

My schools annual fundraiser is "Haunted Halls" and guess what? They are having a "Cake Walk"......and they need donations.....:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1Hmmmmm.....now I just need ideas to quickly and cheaply decorate a few (4-6) Sobeys cakes.....:cake:
I just found this picture on the Betty Crocker site - now it is for brownies but maybe you can modify it a bit.
I can send you the link if you want but I am not sure what I can post on the boards.

Attachments

• halloween cakes.jpg
    halloween cakes.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 6
Hugs Mel
You could get the chocolate ones and add the worms and dirt topping....or just cover the tops with candy corn

Just started a new thread about the Lounges in Pearson -- a new one opened that is in the US departure section of Terminal 3 --- great news for all the Westjet travelers who are sick of Nobel Burgers!

Pearson Lounges
Airmiles has a discount for these as well(which is why i thought i should plunk this here too!)
Airmiles Discount for Airport Lounges

BTW....I just got the flu shot email from Rexall. Hopefully AM to follow quickly.

So I am healthy (well my back is another matter) and I am just fighting myself over motivation to do this,,, though I know I should high tail it out the door and get it done.
Thanks for the reminder.
Hugs Mel

BTW....I just got the flu shot email from Rexall. Hopefully AM to follow quickly.
So I am healthy (well my back is another matter) and I am just fighting myself over motivation to do this,,, though I know I should high tail it out the door and get it done.
Thanks for the reminder.
Hugs Mel
After last year's souvenir from Disney was the flu you KNOW I'm heading out to get my shot ASAP! I was waiting till the e-mail came in case there was a link to click so i will get the AM bonus!

Thanks for the reminder.
Hugs Mel
I unfortunately I am forced against my will to get a flu shot....I work within a healthcare facility. I REALLY love how they word the annual memo on the subject....."we encourage all contract staff to get the flu shot". The word encourage says to me that they would like you to do it but not mandatory. The reality is that it's mandatory or else you can not come to work during flu season.

Now back to the regular scheduled program.....

After last year's souvenir from Disney was the flu you KNOW I'm heading out to get my shot ASAP! I was waiting till the e-mail came in case there was a link to click so i will get the AM bonus!

I unfortunately I am forced against my will to get a flu shot....I work within a healthcare facility. I REALLY love how they word the annual memo on the subject....."we encourage all contract staff to get the flu shot". The word encourage says to me that they would like you to do it but not mandatory. The reality is that it's mandatory or else you can not come to work during flu season.

Now back to the regular scheduled program.....

Hi Guys
I have a co-worker that swears that the Flu shot is a government conspiracy.
I'm in a school so I come into contact with lots of germs frequently. Normally by this time of year I've usually had at least 1 or 2 sinus infections--so far nothing--knock on wood.The weather may have something to do with this. I just restarted my D Vitamins.
Tonight I tried to get the shot and Rexall pharmacist says no go,,,she said that I have to see my doctor for the shot as I am taking medication for nerve pain for my back.
I prefer having the choice and it not being "mandatory",,,I just wish "staff" would stay home instead of coming to work sick. I empathize with parents too,, but heck a sick kid really doesn't want to be at school. I guess I won't be getting the airmiles --oh well better to be safe than sorry. Jacqueline I remember how sick you were last year and I am hoping this year you stay healthy. Dancin Disney Style (sorry I forgot your name?)--oh my a Healthcare Facility --and I thought I came into contact with germs,,,I wish you a season of wellness and I am sorry your employer makes it mandatory,,people should have freedom of choice.

Hugs to you
Mel

Oh Oh Oh and Rexall Mississauga has Disney gift cards!!!
And Gummy worms with airmiles attached--buy 2 bags get 5 airmiles.
(Dirt Cake).

Last edited:
Has anyone gotten more than the 2000 bonus miles from Soar into more promo, I am getting close to 2,000 for the year and I think the November promo will put me over?

AMEX must be giving more than 2,000 then. I've earned 2,700 from the "Soar into More" promo and that's only for 3 months, August - October. I didn't know about the SiM offers until I started reading this thread in August. But I had 2 offers in August, 1 for September, and 2 for October.

Ordered my first Dream travel voucher and I am working on my second one,,who knows maybe I will have enough to book a vacation for next year.

I'd love to know when you receive the Dream Travel Voucher. I'm curious how long they will take to ship out.

I was buying Vitamin C at Rexall today as part of the Rexall brand / Be.Better supplements & vitamins spend $15 get 20AM promo. I plan to take it regularly this winter, and get flu shot soon, as we are heading for a Disney Cruise in February!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter