Airmiles Armchair Chatter

We went through this a handful of times over my son's 15-year hockey career (age 5-20). He played AAA his whole life. I had a few of Mama Meltdowns over that time and only really two times did I regret not taking more time to remove myself and think through the situation. But when your kid is upset and semi-crying as a teenager, I couldn't deal. Especially since he's not an overly sensitive type.

Anyways, you are not alone in being conflicted as to when to step in a be a voice for your child. It's a tough bridge to cross...

You want to see conflict? Go on over to the Cruise Critic boards. No one over there even tries to hide the fact they are trolling. It gets mean. You don't dare ask a question unless you are prepared to get stomped on for even being a member. I don't think there are monitors or, if there are, they don't care.
The DIS is nothing compared to that crew.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program...… ;)

Glad you are sticking with us, Mel! This whole thing must be so frustrating for you.

I earned 196 AM at Metro this morning doing my regular groceries. There weren't a lot of airmiles offers this week other than the spend $100, but the things that were on offer (yogurt, healthy choice, popcorn) are things I needed to buy or use regularly anyway, so I did pretty good. :)

My son and daughter, both gold, received earn 20am/get 10am and earn 20am/get 20am promos for the weekend, so I cashed in $10 each on Shell gas for their 20am Shell personal offers. Thought I'd mention it in case someone is short for the weekend and has the Shell offer and cash airmiles to spare.

I went to Sobey's this afternoon and spent $102. The Cashier scanned my husband's card but did not scan the coupon in the flyer, even though I handed it to her. (sigh).

The receipt ended up with 5 base miles and 10 bonus miles. I had to go to Customer Service for the other 95 base miles (20x).

I wonder if I'm going to have issues with getting the 20 bonus miles for earning 40 air miles offer. That Sobey's spend would have been more than enough but now that the rest are coming through a "Make it right" I'm not sure if it will credit automatically.

great customer service story:
we bought bacon during the last blue friday, and the next day i noticed one package wasn’t completely airless before it was sealed. the meat was not quite the same colour either. i didnt want to return the bacon and lose big miles, but i also didn’t want to make my family sick (can cured food go bad if it isn’t airtight?) so i emailed Olymel. They said to throw the bacon out and I’d get a coupon to replace it (which is a perfect solution in my mind). Well, I got the coupon in the mail today and it’s for 20$ of Olymel products! Over one bad pack of bacon. I haven’t cooked it yet so I don’t know about flavor, but what awesome customer service. I expect I’ll be sticking with their brand for some time now.

I went to Sobey's this afternoon and spent $102. The Cashier scanned my husband's card but did not scan the coupon in the flyer, even though I handed it to her. (sigh).

The receipt ended up with 5 base miles and 10 bonus miles. I had to go to Customer Service for the other 95 base miles (20x).

I wonder if I'm going to have issues with getting the 20 bonus miles for earning 40 air miles offer. That Sobey's spend would have been more than enough but now that the rest are coming through a "Make it right" I'm not sure if it will credit automatically.

I think if it doesn't credit, you'll have an easy time showing you earned over 40 airmiles. 5 base miles x 20 with 95 might it right miles is easy to see. I'd keep a clip of the advertisement for backup.

we bought bacon during the last blue friday, and the next day i noticed one package wasn’t completely airless before it was sealed. the meat was not quite the same colour either. i didnt want to return the bacon and lose big miles, but i also didn’t want to make my family sick (can cured food go bad if it isn’t airtight?) so i emailed Olymel. They said to throw the bacon out and I’d get a coupon to replace it (which is a perfect solution in my mind). Well, I got the coupon in the mail today and it’s for 20$ of Olymel products! Over one bad pack of bacon. I haven’t cooked it yet so I don’t know about flavor, but what awesome customer service. I expect I’ll be sticking with their brand for some time now.

Great customer service, glad to hear it!!

When I have a "make it right" it shows up with the other airmiles for that week (ie next Wed/Thu). They are posted as bonus miles with the Sobeys banner no different than other Sobeys airmiles so you concern shouldn't be an issue.

Do they do airmiles at ToysRUs anymore? One of the big ticket items my daughter wants for Christmas is much cheaper there than other places, but it's not on Airmilesshop and I can't see any way to enter airmiles on the checkout page....

Do they do airmiles at ToysRUs anymore? One of the big ticket items my daughter wants for Christmas is much cheaper there than other places, but it's not on Airmilesshop and I can't see any way to enter airmiles on the checkout page....

I know you can no longer get e-vouchers as a redemption reward but I am not sure if you still get airmiles for purchases in store.
??
Hopefully someone with a bit more recent shopping experience will post.
Regards
Mel

Last edited:
I had a similar experience with M&M Meat Shop. The item I purchased was new and absolutely disgusting. They sent me a $50 gift card.

It's always good to hear about a company that will back their products. That isn't always the case now.

Shopping at Sobeys today
Took advantage of the 20x
Load and Go picked up an extra 46
and in store extra airmiles 20 airmiles
total spend 165.00
total airmiles 266

I picked up some Starbucks end of the season plastic cups with lids last week
and today I picked up some Caramel/Mocha Starbucks coffee packs at
Sobeys.
I plan on making some gift cups for my guys for their santa sacks.
Somehow I have become a Starbucks Gold member?
Must be all those airmiles redemptions for gift cards.
I don't drink their coffee but I do like their food.
th

I plan on putting a $25.00 starbucks card,starbucks mints,starbucks coffee,
chocolate treat and some Christmas paper curls in the cup.
I have everything but the chocolate treats and will probably pick them up closer to Christmas maybe at Rexall.

So a pretty good airmiles day.
Hugs
Mel

Back from Metro -- happy that this week had a been one where we did the following every time we wanted to eat
  1. Open cupboard & find NOTHING
  2. Open fridge & find NOTHING
  3. Open freezer & find NOTHING
  4. Open the deep freezer & find MORE NOTHING
  5. Sit in the kitchen, pout and make breakfast for dinner once again :P
The last 3 weeks we've only earned either 1 or 2 base miles because so many things were out of stock or we simply didn't need anything (or so we thought!) but today? Spent $129.14 per-tax and snagged 126 AM, simply AMAZING for Metro. The only thing on the list we didn't get was apples because the ones i wanted were all bruised & gross. We always go to the self check lane (hubby is a tad OCD and bags the food anyway so this is just easier!) and the man who works that area whistled when he saw me scan 10 bars of cheese .. I snickered and said "hey, they didn't have a limit, had to know I'd take advantage of that deal!!" $3.99 for Black Diamond cheese and we eat A LOT of that in baked goods and when my tummy is acting up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter