Airmiles Armchair Chatter

1710370253194.png

1710370213577.png

Terms + Conditions​

*Open to legal residents of Ontario 18 years of age or older. Commencing 12:00:01 AM (ET) on February 26, 2024 until 11:59:59 PM (ET) March 26, 2024 (“Contest Period”). Entry: To enter, enroll in the AIR MILES® Reward Program and redeem a digital coupon on the Metro app or metro.ca during the Contest Period.. Prize: One grand prize of 10,000 AIR MILES® Reward Miles. Odds of winning dependent on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Eligible entrants must correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question. No Purchase Necessary.

Use the Cash Miles in your AIR MILES Cash account in-store in increments of 95 Cash Miles for every $10 towards your purchases at participating AIR MILES partner locations (gift cards and near-cash products are excluded and other exclusions may also apply) and online at airmiles.ca/cash in increments of 95 Cash Miles for every $10 worth of value from participating reward partners. Evouchers can be used at participating reward partners’ locations in Canada only. See specific evoucher reward page for details including any applicable limits and restrictions. Standard daily Cash Miles usage limits and terms and conditions apply. All rewards offered are subject to the terms and conditions of the AIR MILES Reward Program, are subject to change and may be withdrawn without notice. For complete details, visit airmiles.ca.

Well we made it to Universal. AM put my season pass in the purchasers name but had mine on there somewhere so they got it sorted. Enjoyed some rides. Then we did velocicoaster. I survived! I don't know if I can do it again though. Kiddo liked it, and finally ate some food. The hogwarts express was fun, more my speed lol.

I realized at some point today that I neglected to give an update on our flight home!
I'll do it in bullet points

• Awful, so much turbulence, it was full flight with a ton of cranky sick people
  • The gate crew got confused. The toilet worked but they didn't have any potable water so you couldn't wash your hands - they always have hand sanitizer so not sure why the anger inducing repeated reminders had to happen
  • Lots of really upset women in the bathroom while waiting to board
  • When they started handing out bottled water one very frazzled young mom - are you trying to torture us? We can't use the bathroom and you're giving my kids more fluids?!
  • Based on the desperate run for the first available bathroom once off the plane, not everyone HEARD that the toilets were functioning
  • Turned out it didn't much matter anyways there was so much turbulence we couldn't get up anyways. They got to about 5 rows with the cart and the captain told them to stow all loose items and buckle in.
  • Wild ride for the entire flight, couldn't see thru the clouds until after the wheels dropped, at which point i leaned forward to see the wing and saw in bright pink letters SWOOP
  • Luggage took over an hour to appear in the terminal and since it was raining everything was damp, meaning we had to unpack at 3 in the morning
  • Spent about 1 hr 15 minutes on the phone with an amazingly patient customer service agent trying to straighten out our seating.
  • We submitted an upgrade bid that was accepted and charged $310 on March 3rd
  • March 6th email stating flight had been cancelled and a quick check at the actual info showed they had switched the seats we chose so that we weren't sitting together anymore
  • Agent actually had to create a separate booking to get us into seats that were together (Side note, this plane configuration row 5 on the right side of the plane has TONS of leg room)
  • As noted above, they swapped out the plane we expected to fly on for a SWOOP tin can. I know, I know, it's their right to do that BUT why take our $300 and make me jump thru hoops to get the money back?
  • Sent me a link for a survey about how the check-in and actual flight went and I filled it out - VERY CANDIDLY It was a poop show from the get-go and NO I wasn't aware that they intend to make regular swaps for these lovely planes.
We've had similar issues on the last 3 flights home with WestJet and while the customer service agents and the flight crew are always amazing, it doesn't fix the other issues. We won't be flying with Westjet again, we were spoiled by Porter's service and going forward that's will be our carrier of choice. I struggle too much with anxiety surrounding being separated from my hubby, even had a couple of meltdowns when families & cheerleading groups pushed in the parks and I lost sight of him :( so the uncertainty of being split up on the plane just won't work. And come on, again i scream, WHY TAKE MY MONEY and then force ME to find the correct form to fill out to get reimbursed.

Yes, I know, this can happen on any carrier and all the reasoning behind swapping out planes, changing schedules, blah blah blah, but for this family, we've taken too many hits. We will be getting rid of the WJ credit card as soon as the refund is processed, even with the companion fare costing 119 + taxes there's also the 119 annual fee which now makes the flight $238, free baggage isn't enough of an incentive to us, I would rather just pay for one bag and be done!

Has anyone who got a Shell 100 ams through the Carousel promotion actually received their 100 ams?

I need mega miles asap. I was about 400 short of redeeming for both WDW and UO tickets for my family of 4. Not too bad I thought I could do it. So decided to wait to redeem for all 4 at once.

But then cost went up by 100AM per ticket for both Disney and Universal, right after the price increase announcement for 2025!?!?!?
Now I suddenly need over 1200AM by May before the WDW Cdn discount ends ….

I just redeemed 95 miles ($10) at Shell and the bonus 50 miles already posted. I will be doing this every day of the offer. I need to start cashing out my CASH miles for a 2025 trip deposit anyways. Might as well get some miles back! And I got 10 bonus miles from Shell Go+.

View attachment 840464

Last day for the Shell flash offer!!! Redeem $10 for gas, get 60 airmiles. My husband has managed to do this 7 times over the length of the offer! 420 airmiles.

Thanks for posting @ilovetotravel1977!

My mouth was so dry when we got off. It was terrifying 😳 kiddo loved it. I think I still want to do Hagrids, but it was down a lot today so maybe another day
Let me know how it is if you manage to ride. It is one I think I might be able to do.

Let me know how it is if you manage to ride. It is one I think I might be able to do.
Hagrid's was awesome. The queue was really long, I kept thinking we were almost there, but we weren't. It was totally my kind of coaster. Like a mix of 7 dwarves and some Everest vibes. I would do it again for sure.

Kiddo wants to try Hulk tomorrow and I am already having anxiety at the thought. I wish he'd just ride alone. I am happy to do the line with him and just wait for him to get off.

Hagrid's was awesome. The queue was really long, I kept thinking we were almost there, but we weren't. It was totally my kind of coaster. Like a mix of 7 dwarves and some Everest vibes. I would do it again for sure.

Kiddo wants to try Hulk tomorrow and I am already having anxiety at the thought. I wish he'd just ride alone. I am happy to do the line with him and just wait for him to get off.
NOPE!
Try I really love you honey but I will be sitting this one out.
I'll be there for you when you get off.
LOL
Hugs to a very strong mama.

Hugs Mel

Good morning all!!!
We are off to Cuba today. Up at 2:45am…and I actually got a little sleep. Left home at 3:45, drive a few minutes down the road and DH asks if I have his ear buds…I do not because he picked them up off the table and said he didn’t need them. We turn around to go get them and can’t find them. Back on the road, got to park n fly by 4:20, checked in, hopped the shuttle and were in the terminal by 4:30. Through bag drop and security by 4:50. Now just sipping a tea and waiting to board which should be in about 15 minutes. Guess I better get off my butt and find a water bottle filler.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter