Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I feel for you. Had my first knee replacement surgery today and am now home. I’m aching pretty bad. It’s such a quick turnaround.
They sent you home on the same day?!?!!! Holy crap, that's wild. Please make sure you take your pain relief medication on a regular schedule for at least the first week, if you wait until it hurts, it will take you too long to get back on top of the pain. Make your family take extra care of you and do you darned best to just stay put until you get the go-ahead from physio.

They sent you home on the same day?!?!!! Holy crap, that's wild. Please make sure you take your pain relief medication on a regular schedule for at least the first week, if you wait until it hurts, it will take you too long to get back on top of the pain. Make your family take extra care of you and do you darned best to just stay put until you get the go-ahead from physio.
Good advice, thank you 🙏🏾. Yes, surgery was at 8AM and I was home at 1:15. And that was with an hour drive home. They get you in then get you out. Hubby is hovering over me which is nice but getting old. lol.

Good advice, thank you 🙏🏾. Yes, surgery was at 8AM and I was home at 1:15. And that was with an hour drive home. They get you in then get you out. Hubby is hovering over me which is nice but getting old. lol.
Joint replacement is not the massive surgery that it used to be. Better material and much faster procedure. It is best to recover at home....the hospital is full of germs and sick people.

Keep moving but don't push yourself......Feel Better soon!!!!!

I've reached the "I'm gonna throw up" level of pain And, OMG how on earth do you expect me to put an ice bag on it when my sock made me cry. Watched a video on the first day where the doctor said some women say it hurts more than childbirth and men say kidney stones hurt less. I thought "wusses" guess mine wasn't bad yet.
Currently waiting for the drug store to open so I can talk to the pharmacist about the only medication that my doctor thinks will be safe for me to take. I'm allergic to all narcotics and can't take NSAIDs due to my Eosinophilic Gastritis (aka my entire gi system can break out in hives)

Also waiting for the HVAC team to show up for yet another stab at this disastrous install of our heat pump. We really want to get the house back together! Here's a few shots of what we're dealing with in our TV room
20240426_205432.jpg
Outside our bedroom
20240423_224105.jpg
The hideous mess that is our living room (gonna need to build a fake wall to hide the line set the sales jerk told us would be much smaller)

20240424_094513.jpg

Last edited:
I've reached the "I'm gonna throw up" level of pain And, OMG how on earth do you expect me to put an ice bag on it when my sock made me cry. Watched a video on the first day where the doctor said some women say it hurts more than childbirth and men say kidney stones hurt less. I thought "wusses" guess mine wasn't bad yet.
Currently waiting for the drug store to open so I can talk to the pharmacist about the only medication that my doctor thinks will be safe for me to take. I'm allergic to all narcotics and can't take NSAIDs due to my eosinphollic gastritis (aka my entire gi system can break out in hives)

Also waiting for the HVAC team to show up for yet another stab at this disastrous install of our heat pump. We really want to get the house back together! Here's a few shots of what we're dealing with in our TV room
View attachment 856404
Outside our bedroom
View attachment 856405
The hideous mess that is our living room (gonna need to build a fake wall to hide the line set the sales jerk told us would be much smaller)

View attachment 856416
That is a terrible install! wow. I can't even imagine!
Hope your foot feels better soon. My mom was told she had gout, she's vegetarian and doesn't eat any of the things that are supposed to cause it. She also can't take a lot of stuff because of allergies and diabetes. I believe she was able to find something that worked but not even sure what it was. Hopefully the pharmacist can help you out :(

#1 the quilt looks great on the sofa
#2 I hope your find relief soon for your foot. Nothing worse than being in pain and not able to take something to alleviate it.
#3 I agree with hdrolfe. That is the worst install job. They would have been better off ripping into the wall and ceiling space and you then having to do drywall repair. At least when all the work was done the wires are buried in a wall. I showed your pictures to DH, he was horrified.

I have the same type of A/C unit and almost went with a new A/C unit and Heat pump last year.

I was fortunate that my neighbor went first and after seeing his finished job I decided against the heat pump as it meant running huge wires and cable everywhere.

Also my Electrical panel would have to be upgraded.

I am lucky that my place is a one level & a ground floor Unit only.

My neighbor ended up hiring a company afterwards to build in encasement boxes and wire covers.

I will admit I still wish I had the Heat Pump,,, just not everything that comes with it.

Deep Breathe Hon
It is fixable.

Hugs Mel

#1 the quilt looks great on the sofa
Thank you, I must admit that I'm thrilled with how it turned out, there were a few days when I wanted to chuck it out the window. Once I finished sewing the border on, threw it in the washer & dryer and put it on the couch I was able to see that yes, I did pick the perfect colours. I'm always happy when a vision I have becomes reality, the whole truly is more than the sum of its parts.

The pharmacist nixed the script, said it's the strongest NSAID that's prescribed for Gout and she wouldn't even consider filling it for me. She consulted with the doctor and I'm on a high dose of prednisone for 5 days and then we'll decide where to go next. Everyone keep your fingers crossed that this doesn't affect my mood too much, that I don't become starving (which will lead to hubby struggling to first buy and then prepare safe food, nobody needs that!) and that I'm able to sleep.

The heat pump is finally working, so that's a mark in the win column. We've contacted the guy who did the renovations in the tv room and he agreed that the easiest fix for the living room will be a fake wall. We'll lose about 3" in the room but anything is better than this eyesore. The wall they put it on is visible as soon as you climb the stairs to the main part of the house, not a happy camper!

The renovation, while not ideal will look lovely when it's done. You won't even miss the 3 inches and it will look like the lines weren't ever there. Just think of all the good you're doing for the environment with the heat pump.

So glad your pharmacist is on top of things. Positive thoughts the prednisone will do the trick.

So I got our flight booked last night. After a lot of back and forth on dates and flight times I finally made a decision. Oddly, DD only wanted to go for 4-5 days...so that she could spend as much time as possible with the boyfriend before going off to rehearsals 🤮. Since I'm paying, I'm doing exactly what I want and that is a full week. There were some really good prices and I had a couple of discount codes but in the end I opted to book using AM...4040 miles and $330 with Westjet. I could have saved 1000 miles by taking the early morning flight home but when I thought about it I really didn't want to be driving to the airport at 3:30am. The flight I took is 11:30am, so still an early start but a much more civilized time. My older DD gave me a Westjet gift card for my birthday so I will use that for seat selection and a checked bag. LOL....I'm also going to hit her up for some lounge passes.

I've tentatively booked the same timeshare DH and I stayed at in December. There was a good deal through an email newsletter that I get monthly. I actually only need 2 nights to get a bump in Hilton status so that would be nice. DH and I were talking last night about it and he asked how much more a WDW resort would be. He suggested that the savings by going through AM for flights could be spent on staying onsite. I like his thinking but at the same time I need to put some effort into saving a buck where ever I can. We all know that once I get there I will just lay my wallet open and say take all my money. I will drop some more hints for DD to get us a CM rate.

Had a cortizone injection in my foot yesterday and hopefully it will heal things.....so I can walk a million miles in the parks!!!!

When redeeming miles for Universal tickets, do they email them to you right away? My folks booked a 10 day trip (flights and Cabana Bay) and now need to get their tickets for mid May.

1714748316688.png

Terms & Conditions​

* Offer available to eligible AIR MILES collectors who opt in by clicking on the “Opt in now” button from May 3, 2024 to May 5, 2024. Offer applies to AIR MILES Cash eVoucher redemptions only made online at rewards.airmiles.ca/cashrewards/list?cash_reward_filter=evoucher during the offer period. This offer is limited to a maximum of one eligible AIR MILES Cash redemption per collector. Please allow until May 24, 2024, for Miles earned in connection with this offer to be posted to your collector account. Use the Cash Miles in your AIR MILES Cash account online at rewards.airmiles.ca/cashrewards/list?cash_reward_filter=evoucher in increments of 95 Cash Miles for every $10 worth of value from participating reward partners. eVouchers can be used at participating reward partners’ locations in Canada only. See specific eVoucher reward page for details including any applicable limits and restrictions. Standard daily Cash Miles usage limits and terms and conditions apply. All rewards offered are subject to the terms and conditions of the AIR MILES Reward Program, are subject to change and may be withdrawn without notice. For complete details, visit airmiles.ca. ®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership under license by AIR MILES Loyalty Inc. Partner, Supplier and Retailer trademarks are owned by the respective Partner, Supplier and Retailer or authorized for their use in Canada. To collect AIR MILES® Reward Miles you must be a Canadian resident.

Last edited:
When redeeming miles for Universal tickets, do they email them to you right away? My folks booked a 10 day trip (flights and Cabana Bay) and now need to get their tickets for mid May.
Hi Hon
When I redeemed I got an email which I just printed off. I gave the printout to hotel concierge in the Lobby and they printed our tickets.
Hope that helps
Hugs Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter