airmiles junkies unite!

ado121

DIS Veteran
hello fellow airmiles junkies!

just wanted to boast that I spend $138 at safeway today and rec'd 440 airmiles. yippee!

just this month alone (may) i have earned 1359 airmiles at safeway!

gotta love that....

i am saving for 2 adult 5 day disneyland passes and 3 child 5 day disneyland passes.

what are you saving for?
whats your best deal at airmiles?

Wow, we don't get offers like that here in Quebec. The only grocery store that I can think of that gives Airmiles is IGA. They give for total purchase price and sometimes have bonus airmiles where you have to buy certain items. Usually they are not something that we need.

We had saved our miles for a while and used it for return airfare to Orlando and three x five day adult passes for DW. Time to start accumulating again........

I don't find the grocery store to give us that many points here in Ontario either.

I live in Kitchener, and the airmiles here are really crappy I find. The only place that really offers them for where I shop and that is not often is the liquor store. :goodvibes Guess if I want to get more air miles I better start drinking more. :goodvibes

I've earned 20,000 airmiles since September:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
I can usually get 400-500 each week at Safeway. I love Safeway:banana:

I've earned 20,000 airmiles since September:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
I can usually get 400-500 each week at Safeway. I love Safeway:banana:

wow. you are good! tell me your secrets. where do you live? i got 440 today and i thought that was good.

I used to be an airmiles junkie too, but I found their cancellation policies (or lack thereof) on airline tickets too severe. Now we stick to the actual airline miles programs (love Alaska's CC) for air tickets.
I still like the airmiles for redeeming for gift cards and Theme park tickets;). I agree with you on that, so I guess that's what I'd be saving for. We have got Universal Orlando tickets a couple of times this way.
I find it harder to get as many airmiles at Safeway though, because it seems
more and more they are promoting convenience type foods that our family doesn't really use.
They offer lots of good promos when they renovate and reopen a store I notice though, so if anyone is near one of those watch your local papers and flyers.:)
440 is a good haul. Congratulations!

We are desperately trying to save for some flights for February! I am really hoping that Westjet will have another great promotion like they have right now through airmiles. The current one runs on flights until Oct.31! We really want to go again next January/February!

I started buying more stuff at Safeway, but only on the days when they have 10x the airmiles which is the first tuesday of every month!

We get lots from LCBO (liquor) and we buy our gas at Shell! We also have an airmiles American Epress card and use that for gas and groceries so it is like a double dip!

Also, the HBC rewards points can be converted into Airmiles so I do that too!

So far, we have nearly 6, 000 points. Almost enough for the four of us IF Airmiles and WestJet do another 30% less airmiles for the winter months!

Here's hoping! :goodvibes

My best tip is for using the Spend $100 get 100 airmiles at Safeway. Make sure you give them your phone number first so any discounts will apply. Then have the cashier stop at about $100 not including taxes and deposits. Then pay for those groceries. Use the coupon and get 100 airmiles. Then do this again until all your groceries have been bought. It does take a little longer but the coupon can be used more than once, just on seperate orders.
Unfortunately, this does mean a few dirty looks from the people standing in line behind me....

Often there is at least one Safeway in the city (I'm in Winnipeg) doing bonus airmiles in their store only usually after a renovation or if business is down. Last summer/fall the Polo Park Safeway was doing spend $200 get 500 airmiles. Right now the Garden City Safeway is doing spend $100 get 150 or spend $200 get 300 airmiles (this goes until August). So if I spend 200 then use some of the email coupons and some of the buy so many get some airmile deals I can usually get 400-500 a week. You can phone the 1 800 number and ask if any Winnipeg locations has in store airmiles specials this week or check on the website (but you have to look through every store's flyers so easier to phone). So I switch Safeways depending who has special each week as long as it's a reasonable driving distance.

Wow...I thought I was doing so well accumulating airmiles until I read this thread!!!:worship:

I better get shopping!!!

Yes I too am an Airmiles addict.

Gee...I thought I did well with my groceries at Metro, gas at shell, getting my mom to start booking her vacations at Marlin Travel(using my collector card) and paying for my DD's competitive dance stuff with my Amex. After reading all about Safeway my collecting is small potatoes. I have saved about 7000 miles since the end of 2007.

Just how did you manage to get 440???

5 keloggs items got me 100
2 dove items got me 20
5 times bas got me 24
base got me 6
palmolive dishwashing got me 40
tide/bounce items got me 50
pampers got me 100
royale tp got me 100

thats 440!

and i went back today and got
400 for diapers
and 100 for spending 100

i earned 940 in 1 week!

:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter