Airplane entertainment for pre-schooler

hopskip

Mouseketeer
Any suggestions for small, entertaining items to carry-on our flight? I'm bringing a sticker book as well as ds's LeapPad w/ headphones (and a brand new LeapPad book he hasn't seen yet). I may pick up a coloring book too. Any other suggestion?

How about a snack and a couple of juice boxes? We also had a handheld electronic Connect Four game that you can turn off the sound. That worked in the airport while waiting for planes, since you don't have to unpack and re-pack a lot of stuff.
Chewing gum.

Game boy.
My mother likes to steal mine and play tetris. But it usually amuses little children.

hopskip,
My son when he was a little guy (he's now 14!) used to LOVE matchbox cars. I used to buy matchbox cars and small Duplo (or lego, if old enough) sets and wrap them up in wrapping paper. Then, I would dole out 1 surprise to unwrap every 30 mins to 1 hour.
Another thing you could wrap up: little chewy snacks to give on take off and landing. (Like fruit snacks or gummy bears). It's really the swallowing that helps the most to clear the ears and helps equalize the pressure.....

Happy flying
-DC :)

Travel doodle, LOTS of stickers, Mickey lollipops, headphones (with disney music tapes !) Try to request the bulkhead seats so you have extra room in front ! oh and his/hers favorite little stuffed animal. This also made it easier for my son at night at the hotel to get to sleep.

Play doh is fun, some stories you can read to him. Blank paper and crayons. Window clings, he can put them on the window and peal them off again. Cheerios and a piece of shoestring licorice to make a necklace and then he gets to eat it too.

hello

please just remember the airport secuity may ask you to open your wrapped gifts- so maybe wrapping in tissue paper and not sealing with scotch tape would be a better way to go

i will wrap little gifts in my hotel room from the dollar store to keep on hand when my little "angel" gets antsy when waiting in lines or at the resturants

how about dipping some q-tips in water and placing in zip lock bag -then get the kids paint books that have "pre-paint" on them and the kids can paint- hopefully on book not themselves or you<lol>

lots of snacks and juice boxes
wipes
kids audio tapes
gum (if old enough) or ear plugs for take off
change of clothes in carry on in case someone
has accident on plane (god forbid)

great site for kids and planes
http://www.parentcenter.com/refcap/fun/travel/6590.html?CP_bid=

hope this helps!!

lisa
flowerface.gif

What great suggestions. I bookmarked that site, Bratray.

Here is my question... Does anyone think little matchbox airplanes would be confiscated due to the pointy wings?

I thought it would be fun to have a new little plane for take off, but do not want hurt feelings if the plane is taken away.

Thnx
TT

Dizznysmile.gif

Crayola makes clear markers to write/draw on special paper then turn colors. The name is Wonder something. No mess on you, the child or the airplane if he or she should try to get more "creative"

hi
talky tina, the way things are sometimes at airport security i wouldn't take the chance with sharp toys- maybe you could find some little plastic airplanes instead or even better, the Nerf brand airplane

anything to keep the little ones happy!! (smile) and our sanity!!

enjoy your trip- its just around the corner!!!

lisa:smooth: :smooth: :smooth:

hi
talky tina, the way things are sometimes at airport security i wouldn't take the chance with sharp toys- maybe you could find some little plastic airplanes instead or even better, the Nerf brand airplane

anything to keep the little ones happy!! (smile) and our sanity!!

enjoy your trip- its just around the corner!!!

lisa:smooth: :smooth: :smooth:

Thanks, Bratray! I agree with you. I won't take the chance.

Yes, we are leaving soon. Can't wait!

yesears.gif

TT

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter