Airtran changing schedules RIGHT NOW ..2ND TIME..CHECK YOUR FLIGHTS

Yes both are on airtran.com.

I have been checking flight times every day on the reservation page, by entering my dates of travel. Yesterday my flight numbers changed times.

When I go to the itinirary page - and put MY confirmation number in, it brings up my flight numbers but with the "old" flight times.

So, what I am saying the times do not match....why would my reservation not be updated when they have obviously changed the flight times. :confused3

It's because they're messing with the schedule and haven't started adjusting individual itineraries yet. Your flight may or may not go back to the original time. Just keep a close eye on it in the meantime.

Hard to know, but you say they are "canceling" the non-stops, implying that they haven't done so yet. Their advertising will promote what they have to sell now. And keep in mind that what they're selling is transportation between Boston and Orlando. There is no guarantee that the times or routing or equipment will remain the same. They're not going to cease operations from Boston. If they cancel the non-stops, there will be some other way to accommodate those passengers, in accordance with the contract.

As for "canceling" these non-stop flights, I'm simply going on what Disneydonnam has been saying as told to her by a CS rep. Granted, that anything posted on a forum should be treated as rumor until proven otherwise. I don't think Airtran is pulling out of Boston by any means. -but- if rumor is true and they are cancelling all non-stops out of the area, continuing to sell them as such has the feel of a bait and switch. Don't get me wrong - I totally understand why they have to keep selling providing the plan is to have alternate flights available.
---------------
ETA - as I have one of those flights booked for my kids and I in Dec, I pulled up my reservation which is now saying "We're sorry, the requested flight is unavailable. Please select another flight. [1060: SegmentNotFound]" :crazy2: Also, their site has changed so it is no longer selling any direct flights from boston for that day (Disneydonnam, you were right!). Wait and see game has begun popcorn:: If it changes it changes - I just hope we're not taking "un tour de l'Amérique" to get there... not that that wouldn't be fun, but I can only imagine the hassle with so many people traveling that week and possible weather delays.... oh and the fun of tracking down luggage.
---------------
ETA2 - They popped one of the non-stops back up... heheh ... oh to have that job (*insert evil laugh here*)

So here's an AirTran question for you...

If my itinerary is showing that our flight is still good, should I assume that's true??? I know I can't really rely just on what the availability for booking is showing b/c I do know that they won't show a flight anymore if it's booked.

Our return flight from MCO to PHL has already been changed once, but our flight down is still ok as of now...

The only way I found out our one flight was changed was b/c I noticed on the reservations page that our actual flight NUMBER was still there but had changed from the evening to FIRST THING IN THE MORNING :mad:

Still don't get that one, b/c the flight we had was booked solid, and they changed it to a time where I swear every single seat is still available...why cancel a full flight and change it to a time where the plane will be empty :confused3

How much do I need to stay on top of this??? We have a TA with AAA, but they didn't inform her when our first change was made...

You need to check up to the day you leave. They can change with absolutely no notice:sad2:

I have had two changes so far, and no email. I found out them on my own by going to airtran website and checking.:surfweb:

When I saw my flights were gone, I thought either they were canceled or full, like you said.

I called and at first agent said, oh, they are probably just not there as they are booked solid. So, I said are you sure, can you please check.

She checked and she goes, Oh, You are right. That flight has been canceled and they were just beginning to move passengers now. I was going to be put on a flight with a layover, which I did not want.

So, I had already had a flight number that I wanted to be on, that was nonstop and she put me on it and I had also paid for assigned seats, so she put us in our seats, too.

So, like I said, I would check everyday:thumbsup2

if rumor is true and they are cancelling all non-stops out of the area, continuing to sell them as such has the feel of a bait and switch.
The "feel" perhaps, but not the reality. It would be irresponsible to reveal their plans until after they've done everything they plan to to address the customer service needs that announcing such plans will evoke. They must keep it a secret, until, for example, they prepare official statements about the changes; arrange for additional staff to staff call centers; decide what to offer as alternatives, if anything; etc.

Airtran changed my flight from PIT to MCO, and I found a Southwest flight down to Orlando that I liked better. So I canceled the first part of my Airtran flight and booked Southwest. I'm keeping the return flight on Airtran (for now at least).

For those of you who have canceled and gotten refunds... Airtran charged me a $15 fee because someone had to do it for me over the phone. Is this normal? Should I call and complain and have them issue me a credit for that too??? I think that's ridiculous considering I couldn't do a refund over the computer...

Looks like our flights out of Dulles on Sep 19 was moved up 20 min and on the way home on the 28'th was pushed back 20 min... Both are non stop flights as of now. I guess I should be happy that are flights are still there.

Last night I see Airtran cancelled my flight for the third time since May for my Sept. flight. Haven't decided what to do. My flight options with them keep dwindling. But it was such a good fare when I purchased it, I really hate to cancel. I'd never be able to match it at this point.

We found nonstop from southwest for $200. I was trying to get jetblue but they are $344 for a non stop. I ended up booking the southwest because I am afraid with everybody who had nonstop with airtran will be booking either Southwest or Jetblue and I wouldn't get the flight I wanted. After all the aggravation from airtran I wouldn't book from them again if they offered me a free flight.

twinklenbug are you still flying airtran? Southwest had the lowest prices I could find for Dec.

Thank you Disneydonnam - I love southwest, but given that I booked our tickets at $94 each and the airtran system put the flight back on the board (for now, LOL) I think I'll watch & wait. popcorn:: No rush for us to get there - just staying with family the first week. If the transfers or time to travel get to be ridiculous I'll be switching carrriers - perhaps even looking at amtrak again (I hear the washington station is amazing in december.)

They just changed my 8:50am NS flt from IND to MCO on January 4th to 8am. Now I get to WDW 50 minutes earlier. But it will probably change again, so I'm not too excited at this point.:goodvibes

I just checked our return flight in November - I had booked leaving MCO at 1:47, arriving in Atlanta at 3:18, then arriving in Buffalo at 6:43, which was great, since I have to be at work by 11 pm - Now, same flight has us landing in Atlanta, leaving 4 hours later:scared1: and arriving in Buffalo at 10:18 - will not make it to work on time :eek:
There are no earlier flights I want, as we have plans the last morning and weren't leaving until check-out time to go on ME - what options will Air Tran give me - can I cancel and get a refund since they changed my flight that is absolutely necessary for me to get to work on time??????:confused:

Just called Airtran and said those times won't work for me - gave me full refund with no fee - booked non-stop on Southwest leaving at 12:20 pm, getting to Buffalo at 3pm, and saved $36 for two of us!!!:woohoo:

Just called Airtran and said those times won't work for me - gave me full refund with no fee - booked non-stop on Southwest leaving at 12:20 pm, getting to Buffalo at 3pm, and saved $36 for two of us!!!:woohoo:

That is awesome!!!

Are there any cities, such as big cities like Chicago, that tend to have less flights cancelled, or less NS cancelled, than other cities that may be smaller airports? Just wondering, obviously hopeful this is true, since that's where we fly out of! :goodvibes But, wondering because really haven't seen any NS cancelled on any of the days I checked, just to see how things are going. Things seem to have stayed pretty steady. We had one change each way, earlier, the first time this thread started in June. They moved us to other NS flights, but not at times we liked and I called and switched easily. but, all I've seen so far has been adding a few early flights, not NS, but that's basically it.

Oh, one other thing. Do they ever switch you to another flight, when your original flight hasn't changed at all and is still available for booking? I don't always check my exact personal itinerary, just the reservation times available to see if my same flight and times are still open. The only changes I've seen (since that one change in June) are lowest fare increases, or the dropping of(not showing) some of the cheapest fares for the flight.

Anyone have any answers or thoughts out there? :)

:goodvibes
Airtran changed my flight from PIT to MCO, and I found a Southwest flight down to Orlando that I liked better. So I canceled the first part of my Airtran flight and booked Southwest. I'm keeping the return flight on Airtran (for now at least).

For those of you who have canceled and gotten refunds... Airtran charged me a $15 fee because someone had to do it for me over the phone. Is this normal? Should I call and complain and have them issue me a credit for that too??? I think that's ridiculous considering I couldn't do a refund over the computer...

I thought, though haven't had to do this, that if AT changed your flight times, and it didn't work for you, that they gave you a refund if you requested, and did not charge a fee. I am pretty sure that is their policy, from what I've read from other posters. Another poster even mentioned this after your post, but I forgot to quote it. Myself, I would call back and see what the deal was(politely, of course)! Good luck!

Are there any cities, such as big cities like Chicago, that tend to have less flights cancelled, or less NS cancelled, than other cities that may be smaller airports?

I don't think any city is invulnerable to cancellations. Even the airline hubs.

Oh, one other thing. Do they ever switch you to another flight, when your original flight hasn't changed at all and is still available for booking?

I believe they are not permitted to change you away from your flight if it still exists. That said, they can both overbook as well as cancel the flight, move you and then decide to bring the flight back.

Also wondering if there have been many, or any at all, who have had flights booked for a while now and haven't had any real, impacting changes, or who have already completed travel and had no such changes?

Also wondering if there have been many, or any at all, who have had flights booked for a while now and haven't had any real, impacting changes, or who have already completed travel and had no such changes?

Well, our Airtran changes have been minimal...our 3:10 flight from BWI to MCO has been changed to 3:00 and now back to 3:10. Our return flight has stayed the same. Oh, and we booked back in April.

They just changed my nonstop from midway to a layover in Atlanta for the beginning of Dec. Not cool with 3 kids under 6.:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter