AK Safari Question

rera

Earning My Ears
My family will be going to WDW in ten days. We would like to go on the Safari in AK, but one member of the family will be using an ECV, and will not go on the Safari. My question is do you get on and off the Safari at the same spot? So that we won't lose the person using the ECV.. LOL

Thank you

RITA:bounce:

I am pretty sure the loading and unloading does not happen in the same place. If I remember correctly, the unload area is around a corner from the load area. I am sure that if you ask a CM, they will be glad to bring the person using the ECV to the unload area so you do not get seperated.

Some thing to keep in mind, a few of the trucks (not sure how many) are equipped to handle wheelchairs and ECV's. Why not let that family member go along. I am sure they will enjoy it.

By the way, welcome to the DIS.

We really didn't think that my father could ride it due to his back problems with disc and arthrisis (sp) and a replaced hip.

How bumpy is the Safari?

Thank you

Rita:Pinkbounc

You know you are getting old when you can't remember to much from last year, and i can't remember if we got off around the entrance or not. :rolleyes: That being said when you get there just let the CM know that person will not be riding and to please make sure he/she is at the exit when you get there. Does the person just not want to ride? because they will let you leave the ECV while you are on safari and make sure it is waiting for you when you exit. :D
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

rera,
If you are concerned about bumps, then he probably should not go. The trucks drive over dirt roads and there are quite a few very bumpy parts. I guess it all depends on how sensitive he would be to it. If he is only mildly sensitive, he might be OK. If you are unsure, it probably wiser not to chance it.

Have a great trip...

Welcome to the DIS, Rita!!! :wave: Enjoy.

Loading and unloading are different spots. But, as said, he would be able to ride, if, if he did not mind the bumps and jolts. It does get a bit rocky riding out there on the plains. Honest. But if he is able to do well with the bumps, I bet he would love it.

Enjoy.

Originally posted by Mickey_Maniac
rera,
If you are concerned about bumps, then he probably should not go. The trucks drive over dirt roads and there are quite a few very bumpy parts. I guess it all depends on how sensitive he would be to it. If he is only mildly sensitive, he might be OK. If you are unsure, it probably wiser not to chance it.

Have a great trip...

It is very bumpy, but the trucks don't drive on dirt at all. They're always riding on very well designed concrete paths.

Alot depends on the driver also, we have had some that go nice and slow, stop at animals and let you look and take pictures. But we have had some drivers that think they are driving the Daytona. If your at all worried I would not have them ride. The ride unloads down one of the animal trails (can't think of the name) but you could have the person not going on the Safari go up the trail and meet you by the gorillas, if you get lucky they may be out and about.

It can be a VERY bumpy ride.

KS was the one "restricted" ride that my wife rode while 5 months pregnant last January. If we had it to do all over again, she would have skipped it. It didn't cause any problems with the pregnancy, but it was MUCH bumpier than either of us had remembered.

The Safari has a warning for people with neck or back problems because it is very bumpy. The Guidebook for Guest with Disabilities describes it as: Fast-moving, safari adventure over rough and rugged terrain that includes bumps and sudden jolts.
(There is a Guidebook for Guests with Disabilities for each park. You can pick them up at any park or download them from the official Disney site.

The regular trams load at one place and unload before the "road" completes a circle and returns to the loading place. You could ask the CM in front of the ride which path that would be close to.

There is a separate handicapped load/unload area just infont of the regular baording area where people can leave wheelchairs and ecvs. The tram can hold up to 2 people who are riding in their wheelchairs. The only difference in the ride is the accessible tram loads and unloads at the same station (it's just ahead of the regular loading area and the tram makes the complete cirlce to come back to where you got on). The ride is just as bumpy as the regular tram.

Thank you all for your input in the the Safari ride. My father will skip this ride, so that he can enjoy the week, without adding more discomfort then he already has.

Rita:( :cool: :earsgirl:

Sort of off topic but I just wanted to mention that "Little Red" in the truck at the end of the safari... you see his face now :)

Last time I went it was his butt & tail swishing... I wonder when they changed it?

>>^..^<<

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter