AKL Concerige Success!!!

CarolA

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Called this morning at 9 am ON the dot (407 number) got right thru which shocked me so much I could barely talk.

Booked concerige for Jan 18-21!!! Studio (requested Savanah view)

I figure this might be my ONLY shot so I will try it once. (and this was my second choice, first choice weekend of Jan 25 was sold out)

I got it too! :thumbsup2 Jan.26-Feb.1! :yay:

I do hope someone on the Disboard gets the savanna studio I canceled when I booked concierge instead. :goodvibes

Did your MS person tell you that the IPO would be contacting you regarding ADRs etc.? He was filling out some form while I was on the phone, confirming my address, etc.

So THIS is what pixiedust: feels like. :cheer2:

I got 1BR Concierge Jan 13-15!!! Then we'll switch to Savannah view for the rest of the week. :banana:

Called this morning at 9 am ON the dot (407 number) got right thru which shocked me so much I could barely talk.

Booked concerige for Jan 18-21!!! Studio (requested Savanah view)

I figure this might be my ONLY shot so I will try it once. (and this was my second choice, first choice weekend of Jan 25 was sold out)

:banana: :banana: Congradulations!

I must be lucky that all these AKV opening booking days haven't been when I have to call. (Where's that wiping sweat from brow smiley:rotfl2: ).

Congratulations to all of you!!:thumbsup2 I was lucky enough to get a Savannah View Studio for my trip in September, not concerige, but totally excited anyway.:goodvibes

I got it too! A studio from 12/26 - 12/31. The CM said that it was a guaranteed Savannah View, but I'll be calling back in a couple of weeks to see if that's true. It doesn't show any specific view on my reservation online.

Our family is going at the end of August (4 nights SSR & 5 nights AKV). When we called on 6/6 we could only get standard view but we were wait listed for savannah view. I was just on the DVC website and happened to check our ressies and the savannah view came through automatically! Very excited to see this and our boys think we're staying at SSR the whole time! Surprise !! They will go nuts!! Congrats to everyone on getting Concierge, etc.

I called at exactly 9:00 this am as well and got right through. I wanted to change my existing ressie 12/30-1/2 2 BR to concierge. He proceeds to tell that there is a different process for this and he needs to put me on hold and call someone to check availability and make this change and it will be done immediately so we needed verify point changes etc. No problem. After a few minutes he comes back and tells me that there are no 2BRs only 1 BRs and studios and sounded like he was getting ready to end the call so I asked if they were possibly already booked or if there was a problem with inventory and explained that if someone were to call later today or tomorrow and get it because there was a mix-up that might be a little upset since I called as soon as they were to be available. (I was being very nice to him but just wanted to be clear as to the problem) He put me on hold again and said that he would try to get more info. He came back a few minutes later and said that the problem was that the 2BRs are lock offs so it was only showing 1 BRs and studios....no designated 2 BRs.

He booked it for us immediately so we did end up getting concierge for those nights and he did say that it was guaranteed savannah view. I'm happy with the outcome and just glad that I questioned it and didn't just let it go.

Hate to be stupid but whats the big deal about concerige level whats the difference ty for the answer

I was told (and thought that I had previously read) that savanna view can't be GUARANTEED for the concierge rooms in Jambo.

Does anyone's reservation say otherwise??

Hate to be stupid but whats the big deal about concerige level whats the difference ty for the answer
You have access to the Concierge Lounge which serves breakfast in the morning, snacks in the afternoon and evening and drinks including beer and wine in the evening. You also have the ability to book one of the special safaris. For us it was 19 points more for 5 nights over a savannah view studio and worth it for the pampering alone.

Oh no! I have become a "Lounge Lizard"! I am sure some long-time DISers will be shocked!

I thought about switching but I decided not to. I just didn't see the reason behind it. I wanted a Guaranteed Sav View.

I thought about switching but I decided not to. I just didn't see the reason behind it. I wanted a Guaranteed Sav View.

That's why I think this stay will be my one and only. It's not worth the risk on the view, but I have an Oct stay booked with view so I am going to risk it!

May 4-9th here, studio Concierge, new booking. I am thrilled. Had to do it at least once!

That's why I think this stay will be my one and only. It's not worth the risk on the view, but I have an Oct stay booked with view so I am going to risk it!

Understandable. I think we will probably try it someday. Just not this one.;)

I also got right through at 9AM and was put on hold to 'check availability'. Was able to switch my Sat night studio to CL studio - only want the CL so that we can use the lounge on check in day and do Sunrise Safari the next morning. I was told no guarantee on savannah view - only a request. We will move for the rest of our trip to 1 BR, SV for same # points - the savannah view is just too important this trip!

When is the concierge first available we are going dec 2-7 of this year

Not available until Dec 4. That was my issue this morning as the letter announcing it said Dec 1. I tried to reserve Dec 1 and it took 3 phone calls before someone explained to me that it isn't going to be open yet on Dec 1.

Ta da! I was sweating bullets, but it's done! I called day-by-day and got a concierge-level studio for 5/11/08-5/16/08!

Congratulations all of you!!! I was calling on Wednesday too, but for a Value studio for a 1 night stay, and I got that...16 points for a Saturday night stay in December.

Bobbi:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter