AKV Advice

Idreamodisney247

Mouseketeer
I absolutely loved my first split stay BLT/SSR so I want to split once more. I am presently booked at AKV Kidani studio savanna view 3 nights/SSR 4 nights. My issue is that I really want Jambo and available right now is either 2 nights jambo studio savanna view or 3 nights jambo standard view. I am torn as what to do because I really want a savanna view but wonder how happy I would be if I only got 2 nights verses 3 nights in a standard view. What will I be looking a on the balcony potentially besides a parking lot?
Would love your help to decide.

Most Jambo standards are pool view, none are parking lot view, a small number are partial savanna view. None of the standards are bad views or rooms but personally would not stay at AKV without savanna view.

drusba said:
Most Jambo standards are pool view, none are parking lot view, a small number are partial savanna view. None of the standards are bad views or rooms but personally would not stay at AKV without savanna view.
Thank you for your input. Do you think if it came down to 2 nights vs 3 nights would you still do savanna?

I would not do the two nights, not enough time between the change. I would book the two nights and waitlist the third. Is that a possibility for you?

bilzer said:
I would not do the two nights, not enough time between the change. I would book the two nights and waitlist the third. Is that a possibility for you?
Because it is during April break, I will be afraid of not getting a 3rd night. So do you think it would be good to take the 3 nights standard that are avail and wait list 3 nights savannah?

have you been to Jambo House?

there are large windows on every floor = you can definitely see the animals w/o a savannah view. If the animals are not at the first window - just kept going you will find them. Like the 2nd floor porch - it has a binocular.

so go with 3 nights.

then be sure to go out pass the pool area - for the night vision binocular.

plus some of the standard view are old savannah view that were changed because the area is not great. Now with these you definitely see the animals. but you see the area where they sleep at night and the people pen - so they are not very attractive.

for standard view they are great - but for savannah views not so much (because of the point difference)

bilzer said:
Because it is during April break, I will be afraid of not getting a 3rd night. So do you think it would be good to take the 3 nights standard that are avail and wait list 3 nights savannah?

We just spent 4 nights in a Studio in Jambo, pool view and loved it. When we wanted to see the animals there were lots of windows throughout every hallway, some with benches where you could stop and look out. There are also several outdoor look outs. I actually really liked the pool view, it was a fast walk to the buses, the pool and to the restaurants.

We also made sure to do a night viewing, which was really fun. DD loved the bead activities.

I want to stress, I do like Kidani as well. We stayed there in 2011.

bilzer said:

Yes. Kidani is also a great place to stay with a better pool. Remember you can use the facilities at both houses.

drusba said:
None of the standards are bad views or rooms but personally would not stay at AKV without savanna view.

Honest question here. Why? Are there other issues there? We are think of staying there this fall and I need all the positives and negatives.

We love AKV. We stay in a standard view to save points. There are plenty of places to go view the animals. I would go with the standard view for the longer trip and wait list the savannah view

We just did 5 nights in Jambo with a pool view. I like Jambo studios better than Kidani's, and I like the Mara. So, I would take standard, waitlist savannah. However as noted, even if your waitlist does not come through, you may still see some animals if you get one of the reclassified rooms. You will not be looking at a parking lot if you book standard at Jambo!

I almost always go to the night talks at either Kidani or Jambo.

Bobbi:)

I'm a view person and I love a savanna view. I've stayed at Jambo House in a value studio for around 17 nights at Jambo House and I still prefer a savanna view over a pool or parking lot view any day. I'd stick with Kidani and waitlist the three nights at Jambo House. Also at Kidani you have a chance for a room on a lower floor with better views of the animals versus the 5th floor views at Jambo House, many of which you can't see the animals that are under the trees.

You can still walk over to Jambo House to dine at Boma or Jiko or pick up a QS at Mara while staying at Kidani. There is a very good restaurant, Sanaa at Kidani too.

spiceycat said:
have you been to Jambo House?

there are large windows on every floor = you can definitely see the animals w/o a savannah view. If the animals are not at the first window - just kept going you will find them. Like the 2nd floor porch - it has a binocular.

so go with 3 nights.

then be sure to go out pass the pool area - for the night vision binocular.

plus some of the standard view are old savannah view that were changed because the area is not great. Now with these you definitely see the animals. but you see the area where they sleep at night and the people pen - so they are not very attractive.

for standard view they are great - but for savannah views not so much (because of the point difference)

Thank you! I ended up finally getting through to member services just before closing and was helped by a wonderful CM who was able to change my ressie to a standard jambo for 3 nights and set up a wait list for savanna. If it comes through that would be great but if not, i believe I will be perfectly happy.

I'm a view person and I love a savanna view. I've stayed at Jambo House in a value studio for around 17 nights at Jambo House and I still prefer a savanna view over a pool or parking lot view any day. I'd stick with Kidani and waitlist the three nights at Jambo House. Also at Kidani you have a chance for a room on a lower floor with better views of the animals versus the 5th floor views at Jambo House, many of which you can't see the animals that are under the trees. You can still walk over to Jambo House to dine at Boma or Jiko or pick up a QS at Mara while staying at Kidani. There is a very good restaurant, Sanaa at Kidani too.

Wow 17 nights, how wonderful! Staying in kidani was my initial intention because I too am a view person. My only problem is that I will be traveling with DH who I know will complain the whole time about not having everything within reach. I am hoping after visiting for the first time, he will suggest not only to try kidani but to possibly add points.

We just spent 4 nights in a Studio in Jambo, pool view and loved it. When we wanted to see the animals there were lots of windows throughout every hallway, some with benches where you could stop and look out. There are also several outdoor look outs. I actually really liked the pool view, it was a fast walk to the buses, the pool and to the restaurants. We also made sure to do a night viewing, which was really fun. DD loved the bead activities. I want to stress, I do like Kidani as well. We stayed there in 2011.
I am definitely going to take advantage of the outlooks. I think it will be helpful to have fast walk to buses as well. We will probably want to venture to the Boardwalk for dinner one night which I'm sure will take a considerable amount of time as it is.

We stayed at Kidani just before Christmas. I liked the amenities at Jambo. Gift shop was larger, lobby more majestic, more food options. BUT, we liked the pool at Kidani better and I think I would stay at Kidani again. There is a different feel at Kidani, somehow more cozy, at least to me. We drove everywhere so the bus issue did not affect us.......

Both are great choices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter