AKV Construction Photos

Bill, that picture definitely is of the structure they told us was the barn. I too had some of that and some closeups beyond it of the cleared area and the area t hat looks like they might be digging footings. Does this look like what you saw beyond too?
Flowerandgarden07026.jpg

Flowerandgarden07027.jpg

Thanks for sharing! The photos are great and very much appreciated since we just added on @ AKLV's and can see from home how it's going.
Loved the animals looking on also!

caskbill, thanks for sharing the great photos! pilferk and rinkwide, lmao! Very funny! :)

Thanks for the pics. Can't wait to see how much construction has progressed by our next trip in Jan.

Scott

Okay, question for you. In this picture ( I took the exact same one) there is a small animal pen if you look down that had 3 animals in it. They looked like a cross between a goat and a pig. Any idea what they were. They were not listed on the animal sheet in the room and I never got a chance to ask anyone about them.

We asked the bus driver the same question. As you know, the Disney bus drivers know everything. He said that they were Gigs. One day the pigs got loose and got mixed in with the goats. You know what happened next. A hor**y old goat fell in love. Next thing you know, Gigs. :cool1:

according to the AKV DVD - the animals on the DVC side are not the same as the animals now at AKL.

(one exception is probably the giraffe)

Caskill great pictures!!!!

do you have a wonderful time? you were definitely missed.

which size was the construction on - I am saying the Zebra trail side - but someone else say it was the other side Kudu trail size?

this is the inside construction not the outside.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/aklmap.htm

Caskbill:

Thanks for the photos!

Those animals checking out the construction are priceless. They must know something is going on.

I thought Disney/DVC was going to be sensative to the animals surroundings during construction? What's up with that!? Maybe this is how they are acclamating them to there new surroundings.

The "sensitivity" means making sure they have a good view.

according to the AKV DVD - the animals on the DVC side are not the same as the animals now at AKL.
Pat, that's not the information we got a couple weeks ago. The savanna on the "kidani" side of "Jambo" seems to be the same one that will be extended to serve Jambo. The castmembers who observe the animals were quite sure about that.

But there will be a new savanna to the North of Kidani Village. I think that is the one that will have some new species although I didn't think the DVD said all new.

Pat, that's not the information we got a couple weeks ago. The savanna on the "kidani" side of "Jambo" seems to be the same one that will be extended to serve Jambo. The castmembers who observe the animals were quite sure about that.

I could have sworn I heard on the DVD that new animals will be added, but perhaps the additions will take place gradually during or after the majority of exterior work is done on Kidani.

Those animals checking out the construction are priceless.

I LOVE the animals checking it out!

Not good for the people who pay for a savannah view, only to discover there are no animals outside the room, they are all hanging out at the construction site!:lmao:

But there will be a new savanna to the North of Kidani Village. I think that is the one that will have some new species although I didn't think the DVD said all new.

The DVD specifically says this (after showing a picture with the new "northern" savannah highlighted) at 10:59 mark:

Narrator: "At Kidani Villiage, Disney vacation club is adding a brand new savannah, with some animals not currently seen at Disney's animal Kingdom Lodge"

Sonya: "Our Disney Vacation Club members are going to have something....some bragging rights when they go home to say "Hey, I was out on our own savannah looking at these unique animals that have been placed there just for us" and I think that is something that's well above most places"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter